The "XL" in Magnum XL 200

I've always though it just meant XL as in you "excel 200" feet. XL could also mean Extra Large, but I don't think its a shirt.  Any thoughts?

--------------
2001 Force- 130  Magnum-402
Gemini- at least 100
"MF has broken down and still hasn't been fixed, consider kicking Joe out of the park"

I thought it was "excel 200" feet too. It could, but, I'm no expert!
-----------------
Force Laps: 264
VertiGo Shots: 32
6/11/01: Gemini 100
Yeah, when you say XL it sounds like excel. That's what I've always thought!
Well... I always went for the sixe thing -- Xtra Large....
-----------------
"Your obssesed w/ that place aren't you?"
Heck, I always called it Magnum.  I never really liked calling it Magnum XL 200, it justed seemed kind of long.  I would have to agree with you, that XL stands for excel.  I never really thought of it until Joe E., made this post.  Thanks for sparking my interest.
XL I believe stands for extra large.  You have to remember a coaster of that size at that time was pretty big .
Millennium Force would be an XXXL  :). Millennium XXXL 300. I like it :).

--------------
2001 Force- 130  Magnum-402
Gemini- at least 100
"MF has broken down and still hasn't been fixed, consider kicking Joe out of the park"

"We hope you enjoy your Magnum XL-200..would you like to supersize that coaster for only $17,000,000?"
Haha, nice KicksTheSky.

I'm almos 100% sure that it was meant to be Xtra Large, but on the way home from work the other day, I thought of the excell thing too.

We need some official word... Dan?

-----------------
The name's Poochie D. and I rock the telly, I'm half Joe Camel and a third Fonzarelli. I'm the kung-fu hippie, from gansta city, I'm a rappin surfer, you the fool I pity. -Simpsons

Yeah, I'm almost certian the XL is like the shirt abbreviation. Making it "Magnum eXtra Large 200"... back in the day, 200 was pretty damn large.
well i thought it was like a computer thing because all the  safety signs aredone in l.e.d. print???? but im up for sugestions :)
-----------------
enjoy the rest of your day at cedar point
americas roller coast ....transmission lost KaZaA Mp3 server

*** This post was edited by crashoverride on 9/11/2001. ***

yes eXtra Large 200 would be my take too Matt

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
mf laps = 100! No More No Less!!
Wheres the Electricity!

Maybe it just sounded good when they were making up a name? :) Personally, I'd say the XL goes for "excellent" more than excell or extra large.

-------------
PO!NT OF VIEW - A Different Look at Roller Coasters
http://www.crosswinds.net/~justmayntz/thrills/

I'm sure the XL is a clever play on words that the Planning and Development Department spent lots of time on while coming up with a name until one night, over a rather large pot of coffee... someone went "Aha!"... and the brilliance was born.

It's meant to have two different meanings... Both XL-Extra Large, and XL-Excelling 200 feet.

The name always made me smile, as it reminds me of a certain birth control device for gifted males. lol
P>ONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f0e8d8">AH ha, wow, that was good macho nachos. Thank You for giving me a good laugh in my time of sadness./P>
-----------------
Raptor Crew 01
Blue Streak Crew 00
Wildcat Crew 99
Vertigo Launches : 4
Vertigo Wipe-outs : 1
Speaking of the XL, do you think MAGNUM XL 300 was ever a rejected name for MILLENNIUM FORCE?

-----------------
MF...taking thrills to new heights!

No.
-----------------
I HATE TERRORISM!!!
Force Laps: 264
VertiGo Shots: 32
6/11/01: Gemini 100

*** This post was edited by VertiGo535 on 9/12/2001. ***

wildcatadam, what is a Vertigo wipeout?  I'm glad I made ya smile...
I was just thinking... maybe XL stands for something totally different. Maybe X stands for Across and L stands for Lake. Because you can "see" across the lake?

Or, it could also be in another language, like Latin where words actually started with X.

-----------------
-John Gilman; Proud Participant of the DT 80 and member of the O.C.!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service