Taking my 9yr, first time Sunday 8/12

Hello everyone.

Great website, I have tried to do my due diligence by reading many threads here. I have created my game plan and would like you to review it and offer any advice to improve it.

My daughter is 49" tall, so that eliminates the 52"/54" rides. I will be purchasing my tickets online today. Probably going for the "Ride and Refresh" for an extra 2 bucks. She doesn't drink carbonated sugar drinks, I assume they will have lemonade?

I intend to purchase Fast Passes for us to ensure we get to ride everything she is tall enough for as many times as she would like. Is this overkill for a Sunday? Since she has never been to CP I want to make sure she has time to "do it all".

I have read that the Soak City parking lot is the best place to park. Can I get in at that gate with a ticket purchased online? I will not be staying in any of the resort properties.

Since my daughter will not be able to ride the Maverick or the TTD any suggestions on the order to ride the coasters? She is pretty fearless and is excited to be going. Having said that, I would like to work her up to the more extreme rides, throwing in some coaster/amusement park history lessons in the process.

Back in the 70's my dad worked for George Roose (President of CP at the time)and we spent a lot of time there, staying in condos at the marina. I spent a lot of time on the Blue Streak. The Corkscrew was the "new" thing at the time. The park has changed a lot since then.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Dave

Last edited by 45Wheelgun,

45Wheelgun said:
Hello everyone.

Great website, I have tried to do my due diligence by reading many threads here. I have created my game plan and would like you to review it and offer any advice to improve it.

Hi, Dave.

My daughter is 49" tall, so that eliminates the 52"/54" rides. I will be purchasing my tickets online today. Probably going for the "Ride and Refresh" for an extra 2 bucks. She doesn't drink carbonated sugar drinks, I assume they will have lemonade?

Yes, most food and drink venues carry pink lemonade.

I intend to purchase Fast Passes for us to ensure we get to ride everything she is tall enough for as many times as she would like. Is this overkill for a Sunday? Since she has never been to CP I want to make sure she has time to "do it all".

Given your particular circumstances, buying Fast Lane passes is not overkill--particularly on a Sunday in August. Doing so ought to guarantee there will be enough time for her to get on everything she's tall enough for.

I have read that the Soak City parking lot is the best place to park. Can I get in at that gate with a ticket purchased online? I will not be staying in any of the resort properties.

Yes, that ticket will get you in at any of the gates. Since your daughter isn't tall enough to ride Maverick or TTD, in my opinion it wouldn't make must difference whether you park at Soak City or up front. If you do plan to park at SC, tell the attendant at the parking lot toll booth when you come in.

Since my daughter will not be able to ride the Maverick or the TTD any suggestions on the order to ride the coasters? She is pretty fearless and is excited to be going. Having said that, I would like to work her up to the more extreme rides, throwing in some coaster/amusement park history lessons in the process.

Probably the best three to start her out would be Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Blue Streak and Iron Dragon. These fit in nicely, as two of them are the oldest coasters in the park. Unfortunately, they're also scattered all across the peninsula.

Back in the 70's my dad worked for George Roose (President of CP at the time)and we spent a lot of time there, staying in condos at the marina. I spent a lot of time on the Blue Streak. The Corkscrew was the "new" thing at the time. The park has changed a lot since then.

If you haven't been there since then, parts of the place may be virtually unrecognizable.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Dave

Hope this helps a little bit. The forecast calls for a high of 79 degrees tomorrow and mostly sunny, so the weather should be ideal. Hope you have a great day with your daughter tomorrow!

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Since you're entering by Soak City, Gemini is a nice way to start, coaster-wise (not too big, not too small). Also, as you mention history, don't pass by the Town Hall Museum without going in. They have several pictures posted of Cedar Point over the years. They've also got some other neat stuff to look at.

Fast Lane helps more on the rides over 52". But, since Milennium is 48" it might be worth getting. I wouldn't buy Fast Lane online though. I'd wait to see the crowd, make sure she wants to ride MF (looks bigger when you're standing next to it!), etc.

Enjoy your day...sounds like alot of fun!

Thanks for the advice guys. I just measured Katie and she has grown over the summer. She may actually make the 52" mark depending on who does the measuring. Do they do height wrist bands at CP like they do at Kings Island?

Wristbands are available to avoid height confusions at the town hall which is near Skyhawk

They are also available at Guest Services (at the front gate), Park Operations (near the main midway in the Colosseum), and at the resort/Magnum entrance.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Getting ready to head to the park. Thanks for all your help everyone. Look for me on the webcam...I'll wave!

Just got home. Great day. She rode every coaster and thrill ride she could at 48", and several of the 52". She didn't get on TTD or Maverick, but she did get on MaxAir and the Power Tower. My daughter is fearless.

Several tips from here that worked well. The Gemini parking lot was a fantastic place to park and enter CP. We had a $22 lunch (for 2) at Famous Dave's, which dropped to $10 after they credited us for parking.

Fast Pass worked out for us. Our longest wait was Millennium Force at 20 minutes. Fast pass allowed her to hit every major ride in the park with little or no wait. We ended the day back at the Gemini which she rode 5 or 6 times until they closed it. She really enjoyed the "race" aspect of it.

All in all a great day that would not have been as great without your help.

Thanks!

Dave

Last edited by 45Wheelgun,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service