Spying on the Point (8/25)

After waiting all summer for the Joe Cool days at Cedar Point to resume, Kristin (KicksTheSky), John (Michael Darling), and I headed out for our ERT for Millie and Wickie...

ERT might as well have stood for Everyone's Ride Time, since there were tons of resort and Joe Coolers making a mad dash for Millie and filling up the park fast. For some odd reason Raptor was open for the ERT so we made our token run in the back row. Of course Kristin got the "Death Seat." We had noticed that Wicked Twister wasn't open for the ERT, since when did this happen?

We headed out to the Millie area only to find that the ride hadn't even opened yet. A line running from the entrance past the tunnels on Frontier Trail kept us out of that line. We went over to Wicked Twister and got a nice screwing in the rear on the first train of the day. Then got our Freeway for Millie.

On the way to the back of the park we bumped into Rideman (Dave), and Raven Phile (Josh). That's where the spying began...

Area 51 has even more work done than from what we saw last Friday. Two sections of the fence have been removed and it looks like they are just about done driving the steel I-Beams into the ground. Whatever this will be, it looks to be massive. We spent about a half hour tracing spray marks to find their respective purpose and Dave came up with a few theories. Since they are his theories and some seem way out there he can share them.

We met up with Joey and his friends and rode Gemini and Maggie, then went to Macaroni's for lunch.

We finished the way with a gander of the track behind MS, a ride on Millie, and then some kick-butt games of DDR. We drew a decent crowd :).

Nothing much to note save for the A 51 construction. It'll be interesting to see what takes shape for 2003.
------------------
"Proud to be Arrow DYNAMIC!"

About the ERT... I was there Friday and I was very disappointed. It's alright on Raptor, but MF is hardly "exclusive". I remember last year, while it wasn't every day, I would get 5 or 6 rides in that hour of ERT on MF. This year you're lucky to get one before the GP is let in. By the way, they changed the ERT from WT to Raptor very early in the season (maybe even the first couple weeks?). Funny that they still advertise it for WT though.

Those I-beams are massive... it will be interesting to see how they are used.

I've got to meet you sometime at the Point for some DDR! I've never seen anyone else halfway decent...

------------------
"Meh."
Wicked twists: 9
Danger: Hgih Voltage!
*** This post was edited by Majin Heero 8/25/2002 11:16:04 PM ***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service