So...Did they hit 1000 today?

One minute from WHEN? If it's one minute from full stop, then that guarantees a cycle time of not less than 130 seconds, which is only 886 PPH. But counting from brakes-up to brakes up (that is to say, a couple of seconds before launch) I've clocked 120-second intervals, which means the train sat for less than a minute because the ride time is 70 seconds!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Not only that, but didn't you theorize Dave that the last forward pass the LIM's don't fire at all? It doesn't climb that high up the front following a full height climb in the rear, so that makes sense to me. That means you're left with parking the train, which can't be that big of a deal, can it?

------------------
Jeff (who isn't an engineer but I play one on TV)
Webmaster/GTTP, Sillynonsense.com
"As far as I can tell it doesn't matter who you are. If you can believe, there's something worth fighting for..." - Garbage, "Parade"

That's a good point. It has to be 60 seconds from something other than "parked" because then I would probably have to concede that those idiots over on Coasterbuzz where right. ;) Also, I am pretty sure it is a fact that the LIMs don't fire on the last forward pass because there was no humming in the queue speakers. Therefore I theorize that it is 60 seconds from the last backward launch. Hey, its as good of a possibility as any, right? :)

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew
Hahaha you guys are funny. There's no such thing as a cool down period, eh? :-P

Not that I'm gloating, I just find it funny. Idiots at Coasterbuzz you say? Nah, we just used our heads since V2 at SFGAm has a 60 second cool down period (or WHATEVER the hell you want to call it, it's a 60 second break) there was that slight possibility that WT might. Looks like we may have been right, too! :)

BTW, V2's cool down period starts as soon as the harnesses unlock. FWIW!

------------------
#1 Steel -- Nitro
#1 Wood -- Legend
Track Record -- 353

I suggest you read through the whole thread. There might be a delay of some kind, but it doesn't appear to be 60 seconds from the time the train is parked, because the ride time is about 70 seconds and they've had a two minute dispatch interval making your 60 second cooling period impossible. It could be 60 seconds from some point, but its not 60 seconds from the time the train parks. Maybe someone could ask Sander Kernacs for us?! ;)

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

Listening to the speakers (see the "Did anyone notice..." thread) I don't think the LIMs fire on the last forward pass. Which kind of makes sense...in that case they would be using the last trip up the forward spike to bleed off speed before crashing into the brakes. The magnetic brakes would generate heat in the outer fins, but that should dissapate quickly. One thing I wonder about, though, is the parking cycle. I would think that running the station LIMs at low frequency could potentially generate more heat than the launch. But I don't know for certain.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
*** This post was edited by RideMan 5/10/2002 1:54:26 PM ***

Matt said:

I suggest you read through the whole thread.

Suggestion noted. I did read through the entire thread.

There might be a delay of some kind, but it doesn't appear to be 60 seconds from the time the train is parked, because the ride time is about 70 seconds and they've had a two minute dispatch interval making your 60 second cooling period impossible.

Okay, then we agree there is a "cooling period." That is a start! :-p

It could be 60 seconds from some point, but its not 60 seconds from the time the train parks.

Agreed, that's why I noted where V2's timer starts, and said "for what it's worth."

Maybe someone could ask Sander Kernacs for us?!

Or maybe a Wicked Twister crewmember?

------------------
#1 Steel -- Nitro
#1 Wood -- Legend
Track Record -- 353

That logic doesn't hold up. That's like saying every coaster has a cooling period because they stop at the end of the ride while unloading/loading passengers.

------------------
Snoopy Rocks! On Ice starts June 22--Do you think they'll let me drive the Zamboni machine?

I want to drive the Zamboni!

Did a Wicked Twister op NOT just say there was a 60 second break earlier in the thread?

I swear I read it.

MuncieAllStar, can you elaborate on this 60 second break period on Wicked Twister? Thanks.

------------------
#1 Steel -- Nitro
#1 Wood -- Legend
Track Record -- 347

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service