So...Did they hit 1000 today?

This is for the people that went today. (Of course! :))

By your guesstimations, or if you actually figured it out by averaging intervals, did the crew hit at least 1000 pph today? Post your observations and calculations if you actually went with the scientific approach.

------------------
Snoopy Rocks! On Ice starts June 22--Do you think they'll let me drive the Zamboni machine?

I want to drive the Zamboni!

From pure observations, I would guess that they didn't hit 1000 pph today. There were just too many "recheck all restraints" and "reset" orders. It seemed to me like there was definitely a lot of room to get better.

------------------
Break the scream barrier in 2002!
Wicked twists: 3
VertiGo: (2001-2002) R.I.P.
*** This post was edited by Majin Heero 5/5/2002 9:49:14 PM ***

Unfortunately there is a cooling period (the trains themselves get hot!) so the minimum dispatch time is 60 seconds. They were around 2:15 intervals which equals about 27 trains an hour and somewhere around 900 PPH. Not bad at all!

We rode it 3 times today, and our waits were 35, 20 and 15 minutes. Pretty Darn good I say.

------------------
My CP and coaster pics

Yeah, there are some issue's with the restraints but late in the day they were kicking arse

My first wait was 30 minutes, second was 35 minutes, third was 30, fourth was 20, and fifth was 5 minutes. I got last train of the night and hardly had to wait.

------------------
2002- Raptor Hot Shots
Force Laps: 424
Wicked Twists: 5

"Recheck all harnesses... recheck all harnesses"

------------------
- The Darling one
"Danger: Hgih Voltage" -The DT Queue
"Those weren't trims, that was a buzzcut" - A Mean Streak rider

If they didn't who cares? In my opinion they did a great job of getting those trains going today. I was in awe that I was able to get 4 "twists" in today and barely waited over an hour.

------------------
"WE HAVE ANOTHER CHOICE PRIZE WINNER"

I just want the WT crews to be able to boast about their superior ability to get people through the rides fast, and efficiently. You wouldn't believe all of the nay-sayers over at Coasterbuzz...

------------------
Snoopy Rocks! On Ice starts June 22--Do you think they'll let me drive the Zamboni machine?

I want to drive the Zamboni!

For running the first time with the GP, I say they did pretty well. They can only get better.

------------------
Rider
RIDE IT OUT!

Someone clocked them around 960 pph, which, if true, isn't bad at all for opening day.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP, Sillynonsense.com
"As far as I can tell it doesn't matter who you are. If you can believe, there's something worth fighting for..." - Garbage, "Parade"

They still need to redesign the shoulder bar. I finally figured it out...either the pivot point is in the wrong place, or the arm extending out from the pivot is too short by about a half-inch. Fix that and they can eliminate that "recheck" garbage...

Still, I saw more than one sub-120 interval, lots of 120 intervals (960 PPH) and longer waits every time I got out my stopwatch...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

If you saw sub-120 interval, that pretty much makes this 60-second waiting period a myth, doesn't it? I mean, the ride itself I clocked at 1:08 on Thursday, though it appears now that the brakes retract a little sooner so as to allow some of that momentum to move the train into the station.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP, Sillynonsense.com
"As far as I can tell it doesn't matter who you are. If you can believe, there's something worth fighting for..." - Garbage, "Parade"

960 pph, not bad at all for Opening Day! I got on it three times, once with Fast Wait. Way to go Wicked Crew...guess CP really can run a shuttle and be successful...are you listening all you doubters ;)

-Mikey

------------------
If you're like me and you think Cedar Point should get the B/M Flyer in 2004, give me a "Hell Yeah!"

Hold on a sec......what is Fast Wait?

-'Playa

------------------
Coming 6/6/02--the CoastaPlaya 100! See CBuzz Club Calendar for more...

http://www.guidetothepoint.com/cpplace.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=7643

------------------
-Chris Woodard
"Mean Streak would be better if they replaced the square wheels with round ones."
VertiGo: VertiGone but not forgotten.

I am on the crew. I processed in on Sunday. I talked to the ATL, Kim, on Monday and she said that the most riders they got in an hour was under 800.

Wicked Chris 2002

With all the little problems it had (with the harnesses, people too big etc) that sounds about right. When I timed for about 5 dispatches in a row it was under the 1:15 mark from the time the restraints popped open to dispatch, which as Rideman mentioned will get you close to 1000.

It was me who got 960, they were cycling trains just about every two minutes give or take 15 seconds. At the end of the day the ride time from start to stop was 1:04. Blows the cooling theory out of the water.

------------------
Welcome back Magnum riders how was your ride?

Once the train comes back into the station, it won't launch for 1 minute. The control panel won't let us send the train any sooner than that. That's its cool down period.

Wicked Chris 2002

Is it really a cooling period or is it just a station timer? I know in the Magnum manual, it says there is a station timer of something like 40 seconds, but I think in reality, it is more like 25 seconds. If it's just a timer, perhaps they'll lower it by a few seconds once they realize that you guys can easily have a train ready in under one minute. I honestly find it had to believe that they can't come up with a way to cool the LIMs faster - I'm sure there's a way, but it just costs too much. A minute is an eternity on a ride platform!

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service