Soak city gate price 2016 single day

does anyone know the SC gate price? I saw online it's $36 (rounded) just for the online deal. I bet the gate price is skyrocket high!

I'm pretty sure that IS the gate price, not some online deal.

You seem to think that everything at CP is skyrocket high priced, without taking into account that there are different price points for differing target audiences. The park prices in accordance with market demand.

Also, I'd suggest you head to some other parks/entertainment venues to see what pricing is like before being shocked all the time at CP pricing. CP offers substantial cost saving options to those that are price conscious, and that is presumably able to be offered on the income from people where price isn't as much of a concern.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

No idea what skyrocket high is but if you check any other amusement/theme/water parks gate prices I bet you'd find them all to be the same type of "skyrocket" high as Cedar Point.

It is an online deal. The ticket online deal says "buy online and save" for soak city. Same for CP single day. the cedar point ticket online is $40, and it states that you save $25 off the gate price of $65. So....I was only wondering that since that soak city price online is $36, then I hope the price at the gate is not something crazy like $50, esp. when they haven't added any major new attractions to SC since Dragster H2O. If you click on the castaway bay "save online" ticket on the CP website, the soak city option is right next to it.

CP- online price- $40, gate price- $65 (save $25)

SC- online $36, gate price- ?

By skyrocket I mean when a given price shoots up drastically compared to the previous year's pricing.

It says "Save Time & Buy Online"

Reading... It's an amazing thing.

99er said:

I'm pretty sure that IS the gate price, not some online deal.

Miss_Maverick07 said:

The ticket online deal says "buy online and save" for soak city.

codeGR said:

It says "Save Time & Buy Online"

Well look at that...

Reading this post and all I can think is: can people ever ask a question without someone attacking them? It's something that certain people do here, contribute nothing except attacks against people who ask questions. Must make those people feel superior to others. We all come to this site for our love of Cedar Point, not to bash others for questions.

Last edited by DRE420,

If you are going 3 days you might as well Buy a Platnum Pass! It pays for itself! Plus Soak City is free! I live in the Detroit Area and go atleast once a month while they are open! I used to go 3 to 4 times a summer and I was like This is Dumb!!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

^^ When certain people make sure that they comment about how expensive everything is at CP in every one of their posts it gets annoying. If it is too expensive, protest with your wallet and stop going. I for one do not feel CP prices are out of line with any other type of entertainment venue/facility.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

I wholeheartedly agree with underhill.

I'll admit: when someone says X is too expensive/high/unaffordable, my reaction is: don't buy it. Nothing we talk about on Pointbuzz is necessary to live; it's all discretionary spending.

Miss_Maverick07 said:

By skyrocket I mean when a given price shoots up drastically compared to the previous year's pricing.

If a price shoots up drastically, it's because the company has determined that the market will bear the increase, regardless of what some individuals may think. Are they always right? No. Are they mostly right? Seems so.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

"Daily Ticket
Stay cool this summer at Soak City and save when you buy your tickets online!"

That is directly from the SC ticket web page. So in which way was her original post bothersome? It does say save time and buy online but also says save when you buy online, so to me, her original question is valid.

I don't have a problem with an increase, although they need to add some new stuff to justify it imo. Look at Kalahari for example, $63 for a daily ticket, but look at how much more exciting things they offer than SC. Price increases do hurt a lot of families that used to be able to do said things, but unfortunately can no longer afford to.

No, they don't need to add anything to justify a price increase. Why? Because people will still pay it, and as long as they do prices will go up. Prices of everything will continue to rise until enough people protest with their wallets and stop paying said prices. Buisnesses are around to make a profit, not to make sure everyone can afford their products.

Hence why I said it was my opinion. But I really don't care, a platinum pass makes all that go away.....

Very true, I find the Platinum Pass to be a great value and for several years haven't really thought twice about buying them for the next season.

As far as price increases, offering varying price points for guests, and value options for cash conscious guests... See the thread regarding 2015 record results.

It sure does prove that management knows what it's doing with pricing, increasing attendance, length of stays, in-park revenues, season pass sales, and those out-of-park revenues are absolutely smashing!

Cedar Fair is showing that value for the entertainment dollar over just raw attendance driving pricing is much more beneficial to the company and the guest experience.

The one thing I can appreciate about Kings Island is that the Water Park is included. However, since KI has added so many awesome rides in the last five years, I don't even want to go there anymore. Then again, they're adding another water ride, so maybe I'll change my mind this year...

DRE420 said:

"Daily Ticket
Stay cool this summer at Soak City and save when you buy your tickets online!"

That is directly from the SC ticket web page. So in which way was her original post bothersome? It does say save time and buy online but also says save when you buy online, so to me, her original question is valid.

I don't have a problem with an increase, although they need to add some new stuff to justify it imo. Look at Kalahari for example, $63 for a daily ticket, but look at how much more exciting things they offer than SC. Price increases do hurt a lot of families that used to be able to do said things, but unfortunately can no longer afford to.

Thanks, DRE420! Yes, almost everytime I come on here asking a question, I get bashed. I ask these b/c my husband and I live on a tight budget and want to spend as little as possible. The last paragraph DRE said basically sums up the type of spender I am. I love the park, and SC, but if they are not going to add water slides, etc, and keep jacking up prices, then that makes me upset. It's my opinion and all I wanted was to see if anyone knew the SC gate price, that's all. no harm. I hope it's not going to be $50 gate price. My husband has chosen not to get a pass this year, that was his choice. we may go to SC once, we may not. we will probably buy the SC single ticket online however. I just wanted to know as I was curious.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service