Smaller 2010 Improvments

Ok since Shoot the Rapids has been announced. I thought I'd start a thread on smaller improvments that may be made this off season. What do you think will happen in terms of off season improvments this year? Like the new fountian we got this year for example.

New shows?

New Restaurants?

New Landscaping?

New Paint Jobs?

Anything for MF's 10th year?

An "I love the ffej man" sign over the main enterance. Just a rumor I heard.

I still say they'll add a floorless bathroom!

I was thinking about that myself. I think that something different and unique would be to kind of have a little skit through FT. It would be kind of funny to see some actors running through this are playing out a moonshine "heist". Someone could pretend as though they were stealing/transporting moonshine and being chased. They could even implement something corny like those old cork guns and it could be like a cat and mouse game. I think that would be entertaining as long as it was goofy enough to keep it family friendly.

CP Nut

I like the floorless bathroom idea! I dtill wonder if there is more up their sleeves that they are keeping a secret.. just a thought....I am excited about the new ride, but the clues were very confusing in a way considering many of us thought the name was White Lightning which I thought was a cool name!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

I'd like to see a return of a live band for the country show in the Red Garder Saloon.

The floorless bathroom on the lagoon would fit in perfectly with the bathroom by Magnum... you'll always be walking in water ;)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

haha the floorless bathroom idea--niiiiice...

I agree: i hope that they bring back the live band in the saloon as well as maybe something special for MF 10th year... we'll have to see!

Maybe fixing Mean Streak... That would be nice.

Dodgem Enthusiast

Student at THE Ohio State University

Hosting a proper fireworks show on the 4th Of July.

I like the idea of a skit, I think that would be a very entertaining show. Are you talking daily, or just a one time thing?

What was wrong with the fireworks show for this years July 4th??

Does any one else think Raptor needs some new paint,,,,, maybe some lights to.

Miss_Maverick07 said:
What was wrong with the fireworks show for this years July 4th??

When I think of a 4th of July fireworks show at Cedar Point, I picture multiple launching points up and down the beach, a couple in the parking lot, and some on MF Island.
Something similar to Magic Kingdom's perimeter effects, where they shoot them off in a full 360 degrees around the entire park.

Dear Cedar Point,

Please paint Millennium Force

Thank You!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory Marshall

You could maybe do that kind of fireworks show if you shut the whole park down and kicked everyone out. Do you know what kind of safety zone is required for fireworks like that?

As for other improvements, I agree with returning the band to the Red Garter. If they do that and go back to a rock show, I'd spend a lot of time (and money) there. Some fresh paint for MF's 10th anniversary would be nice too.

Revoman1 said:
I like the idea of a skit, I think that would be a very entertaining show. Are you talking daily, or just a one time thing?

I was thinking daily. Kind of unscripted thing that would run throughout the day. Just an idea?

CP Nut

1. Millennium Force needs the paint and it is 10 years without a re-coat.

2. Bathrooms on Frontier Trail and with STR I'm sure that will get done.

3. Some new shows.

3. Obvious improvements throughout the park

It will be interesting to see as the year progresses what CP plans on improving for the 2010 season.

Please stop comparing CP to Disney world or Disney land. There are so many threads on here that always compare the two parks.

CP will never be like Disney, and never was like Disney. CP is an amusement park. Disney is a Theme park, themed after movies that kids and families love. I have been to disney world before. I still remember a lot of it and I was 12. Now I am 22. I liked Disney for what it was and love CP for what it is.

I know theming is not CP's cup of tea exactly, but CP's not meant to be a huge theme park. I know some of the newer rides at Disney or the fireworks show can be amazing for those of you who have seen it. But why would you want CP's fireworks show to be JUST like Disney's?? The fireworks show is shot from a cool location, right on the beach. Now how often do you have a park that shoots fireworks right from an actual beach???

Something similar to Magic Kingdom's perimeter effects, where they shoot them off in a full 360 degrees around the entire park.

Unfortunatly this would be a safety nightmare because of the lack of land at CP. When Disney does this, multiple backstage parking lots have to be closed for the event.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service