Saturday, June 28th, 2014 visit

We're first year pass holders, and are using the perks to our benefit and pure enjoyment! This trip was our 7th, so far.The first 4 being in May. As the day progressed, there were many rude guests to be seen & heard, as read about on many other trip reports.

That being said, we arrived and parked(general parking) front row, just behind the handicapped section, straight in front of flag pole, by 8:40am The parking spot was great & made finding the car so much easier this trip!The earlier the better for that. Even after a pit stop to bathrooms, we still waited at gates for 10 min., before going in and enjoying early entry.

We had a guest with us, that was returning from a prior visit on 6/7(water main break day). The rest of our group wanted to make sure he got to ride what he wanted. His last visit was many years ago, and he was a little nervous about all the new technology and extreme rides that awaited him. He was very kind and said MF, our favorite, could be first! I let my daughter pick the row(s), encouraging her to try a new row, after she says ok, we always end up in the same seat! 20 min. wait, even with early entry, but still better than the normal wait times later in the day. He thought it was wild and great fun!

We then made our way back to Maverick around 9:40am. 20 min wait there Our friend was a first time rider for this. We just kept quite, not spoiling the fun, and let him enjoy the ride!

We then proceeded to Gemini & Magnum. These were walk-ons, being it was just past the general public patrons entering time of 10am. Also good reviews, other than him stating the Gemini used to be smoother from what he remembers. Magnum we rode 2x, because the line was so quick and he wanted to try a diff seat/ row ! Rude quest #1 inserted here. Excuse me, excuse me, Mrs 'I'm trying to fine my husband' came waltzing thru. REALLY? Why or how did you get separated? Most people don't say anything, and neither did I. You never know who's going to flip out and cause harm. The line was short enough, wait your turn like the rest of us had Jackwagon. What gets me is where the FastLane line meets the normal line(on this ride), the park attendant was just oblivious to this.

We received an exit pass(es) from the 6/7 visit, so we were determined to save these for TopThrill Dragster, as none of our group has rode it yet. We had noticed by 11am, it hadn't ran yet. We we're discourage that it wasn't running by noon still. We decided to take the train back up front and check the Line for MF, to possibly squeeze in another ride before the afternoon crowd arrived. It was a no go. All canopy sections in the que line, by the vending machines were full. And he's not like a waiter, like the rest of us know you must be at some times. He'd asked about the sites on the train, so we rode it its full route 2x to let him soak it all in, and to just relax. We had all day to go yet, and enjoyed plenty already, so why not?

At around 12:30, still no TopThrill running. We decided to head over to the Last Chance Saloon for a refreshing beer and lunch. Service wasn't great, waited 15 min before having order taken, but again, very busy , HOT day in June. We then went and had a few cigs and finished our beers over by the Maverick to decide whats next. It's now 3pm. Still waiting on TopThrill. Rode Gemini & Magnum again. After we finished those, TopThrill was testing, and headed over, watched and decided to get in line, but my daughter and I weren't 'ready' yet, lol. First time riders !!

3:45pm, Our friend decided to ride CorkScrew. Longer line than expected, but being across from the closed (again) TopThrill, it was going to be expected. Rude guest(s)#2 inserted here. We unfortunately, got in line behind a group of slow moving people that had another line cutter joining them. This time a few line waiters commented "wow, that's rude and not allowed', said lady kept looking on and making RUDE comments about others in line. We eventually made it to ride platform and chose our rows. Rude(and blatantly STUPID) guest #3 inserted here. Gates open to load, and hes is with his 2 kids. He cuts over to our row at the same time as we went to enter our seat. He basically tosses his very small youngest into a seat alone. the ride opp stopped him, and he says "Hey, I'm a party of three, these are MY seats". Bless the opp., she says "no sir, they aren't, 2 ppl per row/seat. Clearly you have seen that, while waiting here to load".I just proceeded to let the jerk and his kids go, telling her it was ok. She kept trying to get them off the ride and he wasn't budging. SECURITY please. Off they went. So our party got separated by one trainload, no big deal. We load, and sit and wait 2 minuets to take off. Here, the same A-hole was recording his ride! They stopped his train, opp. walked to the top of hill, and took his phone! Good job! At that point, after his ride,security should have been there to meet him, and his cell phone!

6pm, decided to head to front of park. Our friend wanted to ride Raptor. My daughter was hesitant, as she recently sprained her knee, but she championed, and rode it. I had NEVER seen the que line for that ride before-WOW. I've never waited 45 min. before for this ride, but no biggie. Headed to GateKeeper next,35 min. wait for right side. Great ride! Our Friend loved it! We Stopped to get a free ice water , and met rude guest #4. This lady(wearing a meal plan bracelet) was trying to get 1 corn dog, and a bag of chips only. The lady taking her order was letting her know, she can get 2 corn dogs and chips with her band.. No, she only wanted 1 corn dog. But ma'am, I have to give you 2, thats the plan benefit. "NO(rather loudly), I only want 1, throw the other away, I don't care. I'll pay separate for it, I don't care". Lol, lady, take the two, toss the other away yourself. Or give it away to somebody. Quit holding up the line, and go. She just got more upset, walked and got nothing...lol

It's now about 8:45pm. TopThrill running good and steady for 2 hours now. We're ready to hand in the exit passes and do this ! My daughter wanted to watch a few (more) times, and we went on in ! All of us were first time riding this! But holy crap! It was awesome !!! That ride to a few minuets to register what happened afterwards! We got in line for a final ride on M at 9:50pm. Love the night ride! At that time of night, the opps really bumped it up, and kept people moving!

With all that said, my opinion is, as the summer season advances, it'll keep getting busier with more upset guests. Our May visits have been the best, even with all the park / employee learning curves involved. It's still fairly early season. Any day @ CP is fun, if you ignore the nonsense, be patient and enjoy yourself !

Keep passing the fun along!

With longer lines come line jumpers. I've really had to work at getting Zen about that; plus I really don't want to get into it with anyone and REALLY ruin my day. My buddy and I make jokes about it now and that helps take the edge off. Thanks for the report. (Was there 4.5 hours today. Didn't see any line jumpers...it's a miracle)

Last edited by darkrider68,

YES-we kinda joke about it as well. I'm there for fun, not fights. We saner guests have control of how we enjoy our day, not the rude guest(s).We also got to see Sling Shot during some additional testing. It seemed to be employee/ operators riding, and a few 'plain clothes' people..maybe the manufacturers people? It looks fun if you like that type of experience. I benefit from what I've already paid for(pass)-in regards for additional cost for attractions.

Keep passing the fun along!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service