Ridership Numbers for 2007

Cedar Point updated their website to show each ride's numbers for the 2007 season. Just go to any individual ride's page to see them. The top ten (located on the ride FAQ) are:

1. CP & LE Railroad 1,676,661
  2. Magnum XL-200 1,525,188
  3. Sky Ride 1,497,654
  4. Gemini 1,481,791
  5. Millennium Force 1,480,085
  6. Iron Dragon 1,434,393
  7. Raptor 1,421,255
  8. Top Thrill Dragster 1,082,218
  9. Mantis 983,445
  10. Wicked Twister 938,732

Pretty much everything was down from last year. Some by several hundred thousands. Although a lot of it can be blamed on weather policies and shorter operating hours.

Does anyone rememeber what last year's top ten was? I'm pretty sure Magnum and Raptor were at the top last year.

YeeHaw!

Maverick Rides: 4

I'm pretty sure this is correct for 2006...

1. Magnum XL-200 1,826,338
2. Raptor 1,645,189
3. Millennium Force 1,641,545
4. Gemini 1,539,049
5. Sky Ride 1,508,101
6. Iron Dragon 1,504,490
7. Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad 1,453,133
8. Mantis 1,110,685
9. Power Tower 1,041,637
10. Wicked Twister 1,041,160
11. Corkscrew 1,016,609
12. Top Thrill Dragster 994,531
13. Disaster Transport 985,504

Last edited by DBCP,

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I still don't understand how magnum's ridership is soooo high, especially in 2007 when it has that accident, that it's higher than the others. Every time I go to the park, I see raptor's line way longer than magnum's and even MF's. Magnums line is usually 30 mins or less when I'm there, while Raptor's is usually about an hour or more.

No numbers for Maverick, though....

Jeff Young

Miss_Maverick07 said:
I still don't understand how magnum's ridership is soooo high, especially in 2007 when it has that accident, that it's higher than the others. Every time I go to the park, I see raptor's line way longer than magnum's and even MF's. Magnums line is usually 30 mins or less when I'm there, while Raptor's is usually about an hour or more.

It really has very little to do with how long the line is, and instead has to do with the number of people the ride can put through an hour. Example: Millennium Force could have a 2 hour line, and Magnum a 1 hour line, but if Magnum's capacity is 300 riders higher than Millennium's, at the end of the day, Magnum will still have put through more riders than Millennium. This also winds up being a factor of how efficient the crew is.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^^Maverick was new and had bugs so it was down some times. ITs start was also delayed so thats why its not in the top 10.

Let's Get Weird.

It sucks to see such a universal drop in numbers across the board between 2006 and 2007, especially since the overall attendance is presumed to be up for 2007. Hopefully with a new head of park ops, these numbers can start heading back in the right direction next year.

I'm also surprised to see Magnum still at the highest capacity coaster considering all the "issues" they had earlier in the season. The crew deserves a lot of credit for keeping those numbers high.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I'm amazed how much these numbers have dropped off from 4-5 years ago. especially Raptor. Raptor and Magnum were always in the 2 million plus range, and MF was near 2 million one year. All those have dropped of considerably to around 75% of what that once were. That adds up to millions of people not getting through lines.

This can probably be attributed to polices they tack on every year to reduce capacity. Aslo the drop off happened the same time Mr Sphen left.

Last edited by Joe E,

I Thank you all that road on the CP&LE R.R. this season...
Pretty good that the Ole' Choo Choo can beat out 17 Roller Coasters Eh'!
If managment could only see what they really have in the Railroad and let us run 2 trains more often... We could easily hit 2.5 mill riders per season.~

Though the high and mighty steel may overcome us, the train will always Chug Along!

Thanks again,
Engineer John

www.cplerr.com

From everyone on the CP&LE, RIP Mayor Scott...~

It seems that for the most part the rides that had to add seatbelts and those %$#&^ platform gates really took a dip in numbers. I remember when the trains would come into the station and we would be loading at the same time the people were getting out of the train and now it takes forever because of the seatbelts and gates. I wish they would take them back out and trust people to act responsibly. Then this year all of the coasters had to change their rain procedures because of the Magnum trains hitting. Mr. Falfas made all the Cedar Fair parks change restarting procedures after rain storms and that really killed the capacities. What will it be next? And don't forget the platform workers now have to stand on a dot and can't walk up and down the platform and pregroup like they used to. I don't know how the numbers can increase at this point without them letting down their guard a little.

The gates won't come back out, seeing as how they're now mandated by Ohio State Law.

Training new people can be though, but if you train them good and then motivate them you can hit great numbers even with a mostly new crew.

Just look at what motivation did for Millennium in 2006. Nothing policy changed between 06 and 07 except the weather and that didn't slow down Millennium as much as others.

Last edited by Rider,

-Greaseman

2007: Wicked Twister TL
2006: Disaster Transport ATL
2005: Raptor

I would speculate that Raptor's low ridership is mainly due to how much they were affected by this year's new rain policy. They were down a lot this past summer, almost excessively so.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Raptor hasn't run in the rain since the middle of 05. We did fine then, hopefully 2008's Leadership can bring the love back.

-Greaseman

2007: Wicked Twister TL
2006: Disaster Transport ATL
2005: Raptor

Hooray for Dragster!!!;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'll try to update my graph sometime after I get home from Chicago.
http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/Ridership.bmp

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

The state has no specific laws governing safety requirements, including gates, but I believe the "rule" is to adhere to ASTM standards according to the Dept. of Agriculture. RideMan would know better than me.

It sounds like there were a lot of politics and crap going on behind the scenes when it came to operations, which became particularly obvious when Bob Wozniak, the director of operations, left (or was asked to leave, I don't know which). If that's the case, then there's another example of micromanagement.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I think that we can attribute the increase in ridership on the Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad to Maverick.

Michigan's Adventure Season Pass/ Maxx Pass/ Platinum Pass Holder Since 2002
John McCain for President
Maverick Rides: 16

Wow, Jason, it looks like everyone said, "let's ride Corkscrew instead of the train!" in 2001.

I can see where the thrill factor would be about the same. ;)

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I wonder if they mixed up those two numbers?

Corkscrew and CP&LERR

www.PaulB.KIExtreme.com
Cedar Point, Kings Island Pictures and more!... Check it out

7 TTD rides.....1 Roll Back
3rd train of the Season on MF! 2007

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service