Quick TR: 6/18/00 - Father's Day

Hi all,

Just a quickie TR from yesterday (Father's Day) at CP.

Crowds: Very light in the morning thanks to ugly looking weather, cold but no rain. Below average Sunday crowds by mid-afternoon.

Weather: As already mentioned, cold and ugly morning, clear and warm afternoon.

Millennium Force: Opened around 9am. Rode about 9:30, queue straight to ramp. Quickly got around for another ride, queue filled last block. By the time I got to the platform waiting for the next train, went down DDM for about 2hrs. I stuck it out figuring that I've been to CP enough that I can skip the rest of the morning to check out the recovery action on the MF platform. After maintenance climbed in and out of the booth, then all over the lift motor and reel, it finally started up. Due to the cold weather, all non-vital employees loaded up the first red train out. After their return, we loaded the blue train for a sub-par ride due to a cold train. By the time I got on it again around 3pm (1hr wait), everything warmed up nicely.
Other new stuff - More pop machines on the CP&LE station side of the machine row; more reinforcement on the front of the train bodies, this time a small bracket painted to match the train bolted to the exterior.

Other notes:
Gemini- blue rolled back again. Crews probably didn't load weights in cold morning.
Magnum- down early due to wind
Raptor- 15min wait around 4:30pm.
Rode all adult 13 coasters except Mantis.
Silver Dollar Cafe - changed menu this season (as did most sit-downs), no more burgers, same fare as Chuck Wagon in FrontierTown.

-------------
Scott W. Short
sshort@mediaone.net
http://welcome.to/midwestcoastercentral

I was there to with a friend. Didn't see you. Didn't know about the Gemini rollback, I only saw one train (red of course) running so we decided to skip it. MF broke down at 9pm. for about an hour right when we were on the entrance ramp. The whole crowd bailed out so we walked up to the entrance station. Of course we stuck it out and they got it running (not sure why it was down). Was not a train problem. Got first ride on the blue train little after 10. Well worth the wait, as always.

-------------
Raptor Flights: 54
Force Rides: 22
I was there too with a friend and saw only the red train running on Gemini, as far as Millennium Force, when it closed we waited at the entrence and when it opened we got on the train right after they added the yellow, about the 4th trip.

-------------
Whats life if you never get to the point?
MF: 12, CP: 6
www.angelfire.com/oh4/hurricane6

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service