Opening Day 2010

Usually there is a thread already started by now, however with less than 100 days away, the time is hopefully to fly by. Who is planning on going to CP opening day? Do I dare say ride takeovers? May 15th, 2010 will be here soon !!!

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

I'll be there opening day and maybe all that week like I did last year.

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

I'm debating whether or not to stay till Monday like every year. I plan on saving my days off work for a week long trip to Carowinds, BG:E, KD and a later trip to Holiday World. We'll just have to wait and see how things progress. I'll definitely be there for the weekend though.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'll definately be there opening day. The following day I won't be there because I'm running a marathon in Cleveland, but I'll return on that Monday.

I'm planning on BG:E, KD, and Carowinds as well, but at the end of May.

I think we're going for sometime in July or August. I'm stoaked for the trip cause it'll bring my coaster count to 100.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

Last year I took that week off went everyday but Tuesday and Wednesday.I'll probably do the same this year also.

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

TTD 120mph said:
I think we're going for sometime in July or August. I'm stoaked for the trip cause it'll bring my coaster count to 100.

That's exactly what I'm plan on doing, except to break 200.

Gotta love having goals for the coaster season. :)

Awesome. PointBuzz ride takeover!

Sadly, I will not be able to go to Opening Day this year. I will be in Boston for the weekend having fun. I hope everyone thats going Opening Day has fun. Hopefully it is great coaster riding weather unlike last year; although last year was amazing. Top Thrill Rollback is my favorite ride ; )

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Gonna be there,it'll be my 15th consectutive CP opening day.

Still on the fence about opening weekend. I went with a Kennywood season pass this year instead of a Platinum Pass (8 minute drive vs. 3 hour drive). I want to make it to CP this summer a few times, but I don't know if it will be opening weekend.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I will be there opening weekend. Saturday and at least until 4:00 on Sunday probably.

50 days !!!

Count me in for Opening Day! Maybe Sunday too!

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

I'll be there as well. This off season is sure going by quicker than usual for me! 46 Days!

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

I really hope to be there on Sunday.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I'll be driving from Atlanta for the my 2nd opening day weekend in a row..hopefully we will have better weather than last year! See you all there.

First time to Cedar Point was opening day 2009, 7 hours in line for TTD, 2 rollbacks =)

So I figured I'd add this here, instead of making a new topic... Why has opening day moved back from early in May to mid May in the last few years? It's only a week or two later, but I feel like it's already pretty late.

Most likely due to staffing. If you look at when the typical exam week is for colleges that run on semesters, you'll see the park usually opens a week after that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service