Official: Wildwater Kingdom closing after 2016

I was hoping one would be in CP Shores plan. I was comforted to know that one was available at WWK if not. Until yesterday :-(

I wonder where the tornado goes. That's still one of my favorite slides, and it's so impressive to look at.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I predict the tornado will find a home in 2018.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I just took pictures of one of my kids on Liquid Lightning for probably the last time. They are going to miss that one it would be nice if they moved it to CP Shores at some time in the future my kids will miss it. I'll miss the cove area with the whirlpool and waterfalls. We really need something like that at CP.

^^ I was just thinking (hoping) that. Maybe after the year of everything new we'll get some hand me down additions.

the wave pool at wildwater kingdom is the best wave pool I have ever been in

Cool.

Better go get in it one last time.

Look for WWKs old lounge chairs to make their way to CP Shores as part of their "more lounge chairs" feature.

I want those little bitty lounge chairs that sit in the shallow water to make their way over to CP Shores...or to the beach they would go quite nicely there too.

I like those. Too bad I can't get in and out of em....

CP Lifeguards are so strict they probably wouldn't let you take them in.

LunaD858 said:

CP Lifeguards are doing their jobs they probably wouldn't let you take them in.

Fixed that for you.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'm not saying they are not. I was surprised down at KI they were letting people hold on to the edge of the wave pool. At CP, there is a barrage of whistles if you get too close. They are a lot more restrictive than at other Cedar Fair parks (I only have two in recent memory to compare to) so they'll likely not let you take a lounge chair near the water even if that was what they were intended for.
I don't need to be corrected, I meant what I said.

Last edited by LunaD858,

Lounge chairs were in the water during the dive-in movie at Soak City. I imagine they were relaxing their usual rules. Once you get to a certain depth they float away if you stand up I imagine that could be an issue on a usual day but those little ones at WWK don't seem to have that issue. I actually don't know how comfy they are because I'm normally in the cove under the waterfall or in the whirlpool while my kids do their thing but at SC after I'm done with the rivers I just hang in the wave pool and I think I might like one there. Unless Cedar Point Shores gets something similar to the cove but I didn't see anything like that in the plans.

I'd much rather be floating in the waves on a raft anyways than in a lounge chair partially in the water.

Last edited by LunaD858,

I don't know how to look for this sort of info, but does Cedar Fair release financial info on specific parks? I.e. is there revenue and EBITDA info available on WWK? I'm curious to know if this place was operating at a loss or not.

I highly doubt we will ever see true financials for GL/WWK.

They do not release financials on specific parks. Not even attendance figures for specific parks.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

^^ I'm more interested in seeing if a sale goes through for the land. If that parcel WWK sits on was a key piece in getting another piece of land sold whether it was operating with a loss or profit won't matter.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/08/cedar_points_jaso...tal_1.html

CP GM knows of no plans to relocate the slides from WWK.

Also, it was coincidence that the WWK closing was announced the day after CP Shores.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service