October 7, 2012-Next Trip

Just planning another visit in October on a Sunday, during a Bye week for the Detroit Lions..... The Bye week is October 7th, but that day Cedar Point Hours are 10:00am to 10:00pm. instead of the normal Noon to 9pm for a Sunday.

Is there anything special going on that day, that is having them extend the hours, that anyone knows about. . . Usually extended hours means busier day. Just wondering.

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

As long as I can remember, they always have 10-10 operation on the Columbus Day Sunday. That Sunday for the past 2 seasons have been busy, unlike a normal Sunday. I would say the crowds are similar to a Memorial Day Saturday on that Sunday. I don't remember there being any special events (besides the outdoor haunts being open).

Ok, thank you cool kid. It must be because of Columbus Day, didn't realize any holiday was around that time.

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

Lots of kids don't have school on that Monday (which must be new, I never had Columbus Day off as a kid) so the park is open longer. The CP hotels stay open that night as well, and that weekend is the first of four Sundays that the outdoor scare zones are open.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I am being told it is one of the busiest Halloweekend days, sometimes worse than the 4th of July, so I better plan to visit on a different day... Looks like a visit to the Toledo Zoo that day instead. :) Thanks for the input.

You are correct, that is the WORST possible day to go to Halloweekends. That day has previously set records for attendance in the park, as you've already said- plan a trip for another day, if possible.

-Miker-

Plan such day which would be suitable for all and everyone can enjoy!!

Unfortunately, or Fortunately, during the end of the year visits, I go alone. By this time of the year the family just don't want to come with me anymore. I found 2 more days I can visit and not miss the Detroit Lions. I am now planning to go on Sunday Sept 16th, where Detroit plays at 8:20pm Sunday Night, so if I leave by 7pm I can watch the game. And the Next visit will be October 21st, Sunday, because Detroit has a Monday night game.

But I really am glad you guys told me about how busy Cedar Point is on October 7th, that would of been a bummer to get there and not get to do anything. Thanks again. New plans made.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service