•October 21, 2012•

Prologue
My school had an tin can auction and the first prize on the list was "four single day tickets to Cedar Point!"   I knew that prize was destined to be mine so I put $35 in tickets into the can and waited anxiously for the winner to be announced...and it was...you  guessed right, me.  :)

A couple of weeks later...

We reached Cedar Point at about 12:00 when the park opened.
The people on the trip were my aunt, my mom, my cousins; Farrah and Faye (8 and 6 years old), my best friends; Nicole and Olivia (14 and 13 years old) and me.

We went to Donut time for a quick snack.   Afterwards, my mom, Nicole, and I headed over to Raptor.   The lines were really long so we considered getting FastLane.  We were about to get in line to realize how ridiculously long it was it was for a Sunday.   We bailed out to get the pass and then got back in line.   We got on within 5 minutes and rode in the middle and it was so much fun.  I started getting warmed up and excited for the day.  

Faye really wanted to ride Blue Streak.   So we headed over in that area.   We were going to ride Calypso but for some reason it was shut down.  Mechanical issues?  Anyway, I rode with Faye and Nicole rode with Farrah.   Faye got nervous but then ended up laughing at the end.   I love Blue Streak.   

We headed farther into the park around the Iron Dragon midway.   Olivia, Aunt Lena, Farrah, and Faye rode Iron Dragon while my mom, Nicole and I rode Mantis.   Let's just say that I wasn't forward to the intense g-forces that come with the ride.   It was actually fun if you stand straight and don't put the restraint where your feet are barely off the ground.    

They went to Cedar Creek Mine Ride.   So, Nicole and I hit my favorite ride...(drumroll)  Millennium Force!  

We were going to ride the front but didn't want to take too long in line.   We sat in the middle of the red train. It was so exhilarating.  We laughed so hard.   Nicole said whenever we went down a hill, my hair went up and my eyes got huge.   Nicole and I wanted to ride  it again.  We told the rest of the group we would meet them after our ride on Millennium Force.   We got back in line and realized that the line for the front was shorter than usual.  Nicole and I got in line for the front.  We were both really excited because it was our first time in the front on MF.   We started getting nervous when we were next in line.   It was really windy and forceful in the front.   It was amazing and I would do it again anyday.  

We met the rest of the group in Frontier Land.  Everyone rode Wave Swinger except for the adults and it was a nice ride.  I like to close my eyes and pretend I'm flying.   

We all bought frozen yogurt and realized that the haunted houses were going to be open soon.   Our first haunted attraction of the night was Internity Infirmary.  Olivia was the only one who didn't go in.  I really wished she did.   It wasn't as scary as last year but the screamsters like to prey on small teenage girls like us, so we always were in for a scare.   

After the haunt, we rode Maverick.   Olivia likes Maverick but didn't ride because she didn't want a FastLane and didn't want to wait in the regular line.  Farrah announced that she was going to ride Maverick for the first time.   Nicole rode with my mom and I rode with Farrah while the rest of the group went to the swings again.   A lot of persuasion was needed to get Farrah on it.   I didn't want to push her but I wanted her to try it because I felt that she was ready. (She did say she wanted to ride it, afterall)  She ended up loving it but admitted some parts were kind of scary.  We bought our picture.   It was funny.   We all looked constipated and awkward.  

We headed over to Gemini midway.   Nicole and I rode Gemini in the red train front.   We lost :( but we still had a good time.

Next, I rode Monster with Faye while my mom rode with Farrah.   It was a nice ride, it took awhile to unload and load especially if you were stuck at the very top.       

After our ride on Monster, Nicole, my aunt, and I rode Magnum XL - 200!   This was my aunt's first ride since the 90s.   She rode with some random lady while Nicole and I rode together.   It was a fun ride.  We laughed the whole time.   After Magnum,  Nicole bought our picture.   We looked hilarious.  My mouth was wide open and our hair was straight up in the air.   

My aunt was determined to ride Top Thrill.   Nicole, my Aunt Lena, and I ran over to Dragster.   I was half nervous and half excited.  This was my fifth time riding it, Nicole's second time, and my Aunt's first time.   We sat in the middle of the brown train.  We slowly rolled out onto the launch area.  My stomach was in knots.   My group was taking pictures of us and I looked really scared.   The familiar, "Hands down, head back, and hold on" blared from the speakers.   The track made the air releasing noise and we slightly pulled back.   The lights flashes beyond our eyes and we soon were going 120 mph.    We reached the top and I looked at Nicole and we screamed at each other.   She said I made the same face that I made on  MF.   We raced down the hill and I managed to put my hands up without them snapping off. ;)   It was so fun.  We wanted to ride again but everybody else wanted to go do other things.   Farrah and Faye were crying because they was afraid that their mom wasn't going to survive Dragster.

The "Ride Worriers" as I call them went off to go do their own things (Skyride, Giant Wheel, etc.) while my mom, Nicole, and I went to Blood on the Bayou when it first opened for the night.  It wasn't completely dark yet and the screamsters were just getting situated so it wasn't scary, just fun.   After BotB, we went over to Club Blood which didn't really scare me last year.   This year it was scarier.  How do the screamsters stay in the strobe light room for more than five minutes?  It would give me a major headache.   

The "Ride Worriers" as I call them went off to go do their own things (Skyride, Giant Wheel, etc.) while my mom, Nicole, and I went to Blood on the Bayou when it first opened for the night.  It wasn't completely dark yet and the screamsters were just getting situated so it wasn't scary, just fun.   After BotB, we went over to Club Blood which didn't really scare me last year.   This year it was scarier.  How do the screamsters stay in the strobe light room for more than five minutes?  It would give me a major headache.   

Next, we went to Fear Faire.   I like the makeup of the screamsters in this particular haunt such as the werewolfs and cats.   

I forgot which haunt this was but this screamster kept stalking us and was singing creepy tunes behind us.  I said "Nicole, look behind you" and she heard me so she started saying her name.  Nicole replied randomly, "Her name's Taylor and she hates people"  I don't know why she said that.  I don't hate people!   So the lady was saying, "Taylor, Taylor...TAYLOR!"   It made me scream.      

We wanted to go through Frontier Town before we left and maybe throw in one last ride on Maverick.   Frontier Town was fun.   They had dead presidents walking around screaming random things that had to do with the presidential election such as "Joe Biden!" and "Obamacare!"  The guy on the the knee roller  blades was there too.   He always surprises me
out of no where.    

We looked at the clock and realized that we had only about 5 minutes until everything closes.  We sprinted all the way to Maverick which is farther away than you think.  We finally made it with a couple minutes to spare.   I love riding Maverick at night.   During the ride, I could see Cutthroat Cove.   After the ride, we were going to get back on but they shut down the FastLane line so we met the rest of the group at Donut Time.

My friends ordered double shot expressos and I got an apple juice.    We started leaving the park and then the thought got to me...The next time I'll be at Cedar Point, GateKeeper will be open!   Just the thought of it made me smile.   I know the off-season can be long but just think, GateKeeper will be here in no time and we'll have ourselves a new shiny roller coaster.     

Thanks for reading!  I know it was long but it means a lot to me.   <3
~Taylor.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Great trip report. My family and I were there that day as well. We ended our night in Frontier Town too. Probably passed each other.

Great trip report and really well written! My son (14) and I were there the day before you...what an epic trip! He took me way out of my comfort zone: riding Magnum, going through Eden Musee and some scare zones, even eating at Pinks (which was scarier than the haunted houses -- nastiest hot dog I ever had, but anyway...) and enjoying our last trip of the season. I love your outlook: that next time you're there, Gatekeeper will be open! I will share that with my son,who is just like you: a coaster lover, CP fan for life and seriously bummed-out guy that Cedar Point is over for the year. Looking forward to all the new things next year will keep us going over this long Ohio winter ;)

Great trip report, it sounds like you had an awesome day. I am going tomorrow (closing day). Hopefully my trip goes as well as yours did.

Just another coaster junkie at Point Buzz

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service