New things coming for 2012...

Since the 2011 season is over, we should start making a list of the things we know will be coming in 2012 throughout this long off-season.

So far we got...

-Dino Island
-Painted Soak City slides along with new slides coming in
-Removal of Paddlewheel Excursions :(
-More progress to be made on Millennium Force paint job (possibly finished?)
-Mean Streak re-tracking

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Probably "Trick-or-Treat with the Dinos" during Halloweekends.

Let's Get Weird.

I have one to add.

-Another entertaining video for the Coastermania film festival regarding something(s) coming next year. ;)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Probably "Trick-or-Treat with the Dinos" during Halloweekends.

Maybe next year for Halloweekends, they'll figure out a way to add the dinosaurs in with the creatures of Terror Island. :)

Just slap some eye patches and tricorns on them, put some plastic cutlass swords in there clawed hands and you're all set. :)

They should shoot for this representation.

::edit:: I forgot about a parrot.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I like that Adam! Now if you want it to look like one of the Pirates was defending himself from the dinosaurs, they could somehow put fake blood on the dinosaur followed by a sword in it's stomach. That would fit the Halloween atmosphere for Terror Island...lol.

Or they could make it look like the pirates are time traveling pirates from the future hell bent on getting the best of history lost treasures before they were lost. I don't know what treasure you'd get from the the dinosaur era except maybe their DNA so when you get back to the future you could open an amusement park attraction called Adventure Island featuring said dinos.

"Ive got the need, the need for speed!"

I'll second Adam's idea. :)

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Mean Streak being retracked....again!! Geez, do a Texas Giant renovation already, or get rid of this forest. How much money does CP put into this ride every offseason? It has to be staggering compared to other rides.

Hopefully we'll see more of the newest engine on the CP & LE RR possibly named R.L Munger in honor of former CEO Robert Munger.

Bill Abele

Is the new engine that may be named R.L. Munger the engine CP obtained from Disney?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Mean Streak needs to go. Not even termites will touch that piece of crap.

I'm too sexy for my harness!

If the new engine is the one they got for the swap with Disney (Maud L), did they convert it from a oil burner to a coal burner?

Gee - I hope they change the Halloweekends cam to a Dino cam so we can watch the installation of the first prehistoric beast.

On closing weekend, I noticed that they were in the process of painting Mantis's station. All of the formerly white station support columns and bars around the roof edges were being painted red. Should make for a fresh, brighter look next year.

You can see both the Soak City painted slides and the Mantis station painting in CP's Facebook pic from today. :)

Nick

Pete said:
Is the new engine that may be named R.L. Munger the engine CP obtained from Disney?

Yes, this is the engine that was aquired from Disney. It sat in the back of the CP & LE RR Engine House for several years. It was sent back to Knott's Berry Farm for some refurbishment. Cedar Point got it back when Jennie K. was sent out to Knott's for refurbishment. Randy Catri, CP & LE RR's superintendent converted it to burn coal during the 2010-2011 off season. It ran this year twice to work out issues. Hopefully it will run more frequently during the 2012 season.

Bill Abele

I have heard that everyone will have to pay $5.00 through TERROR ISLAND Scare Zone, because of the Bad idea for the Dinosaurs in 2012. The only best thing is the New Color on the Slides and the New Slide at SOAK CITY.

I doubt we would have to pay $5.00 to go through a haunted walk-thorugh. I'm sure they will just turn the lights off for the dinosaurs and operate Terror Island the way they have the last few years. If what you say is true, then this is truly getting ridiculous. Either boycott Terror Island, or this attraction better scare the _____ out of me.

I wish they could take a year without building something that will charge CP more money. I could wait for a NEW RIDE in 2013. CP just needs to PAINT most every Ride and Attraction places like they are doing at Soak City.

net said:
Mean Streak being retracked....again!!

If by again, you mean since last year, then no. The areas they're working on are different that the ones worked on last year. The areas worked on last year were still running good before they closed it for the season.

If by again, you mean since it opened in 1991, then yes. Track doesn't last that long.

Mr. Cedar Point said:
I have heard that everyone will have to pay $5.00 through TERROR ISLAND Scare Zone,

It's more likely that there won't be a Terror Island. It's also more likely that it will become an upcharge trick-or-treat like they did at Kings Island this year.

Mr. Cedar Point said:
I wish they could take a year without building something that will charge CP more money.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first upcharge added since Skyscraper was brought in.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service