Multi Generation Family (Toddler - Seniors) Trip in June 2013

We are planning a multigeneration (toddler to senior citizens) family trip to Cedar Point in June 2013. None of us have been to Cedar Point before so just a couple of quick questions:

1) Are there any rides or play areas suitable for a small toddler (14 months old)?
2) Is the park easy to navigate with a wheel chair or is a motorized scooter needed?
3) Are there any recommended locations where the non-riders could just hangout and relax?
4) Is the water park worth the extra costs?

Thanks!

1) as long as the child can walk up to the ride they can ride almost everything in the kiddie areas.

2) a motorized scooter would be recommended.

3) the park is very well laid out so that there is always something close for non riders to do while waiting on others.

4) my kids love the water park!

Also, keep in mind the parent swap system along with special access. With parent swap, it basically works like this: somebody stays with the child while the other one rides. Ten they can swap turns with who rides and watches the child. If there is a group of 3 adults and 1 child, one of you can re-ride with the swappers.

With special access passes, you go to the exit of a ride, get a boarding time (each ride's boarding time will vary based on how long the line is), and come back up the exit at your scheduled boarding time and you can ride without having to stand in line. However, if you have a boarding time for one ride, you can't go to another ride and get a boarding time until you rode the previous ride. For example, if you go to Wicked Twister at 12 oclock and the line is at a 15 minute wait, go up the exit ramp and get the ride host's attention there. They will give you a boarding time for 12:15 and in the mean time you can go to the arcade, bathroom, grab something quick to eat/drink, relax in the shade, etc. You cannot, however, go to another ride, let's say maXair, and get a boarding time for maXair until after you rode Wicked Twister. When your boarding time is near, go back to the exit ramp (or accomodated elevator at most rides), and a ride host will save a row for you to ride. This system basically simulates like you are waiting in line without having to stand for long periods of time. Especially consdering the queues will not accommodate scooters or wheelchairs very well and you can't get a wheel chair or scooter through a turnstile.

In order to get there parent swap and special access passes, you must go to the Park Operations office located next to Kiddie Kingdom (visible from the main midway) under the ballroom. They can explain the system better to you there or any other questions regarding these systems.

I hope that helped a little and you're not sitting there looking confused :)

You will definitely enjoy the places where there will be many family activities and you can enjoy there with the entire family with the activities available there. You can visit the site given below.

Last edited by Larry Joseph,

You can also get Parent Swap from Guest Services at the main gate.

You and your family will have a great time! There are plenty of things to do for everyone, whether it's toddlers, kids, teens, adults, or seniors. If someone's a nonrider they can sit at one of the many benches or seating areas throughout the park. Some areas have nice views of nearby coasters and rides so you can even wave at the other people you know who are riding them. There are also shows they could see. Whether it's a toddler car ride, cable cars, a ride that spins and swings like crazy, or an extreme roller coasters, Cedar Point has something for everyone. If any of your family memeber who are going are thrill seekers, make sure they ride Millennium Force, Maverick, Dragster, and of course this year's new coaster, GateKeeper. Even if the waits for these are sort of long, they will be worth it for anyone who loves roller coasters.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Everyone will enjoy Cedar Point! It's a FAMILY park, and there's plenty to offer to all ages: kiddie areas, slow rides, flat rides, water rides, shows, and of course the 17 roller coasters. The park is almost 400 acres so I'd recommend a motorized scooter. If the children you bring cannot ride any rides then I would definitely look into parent swap as some people have already mentioned. There are plenty of places to sit and relax and few the rides in action without having to ride them if you preferred to just watch them. I would also recommend the 2 or 3 day passes that get you into cedar point and the water park as it will probably be warm in June. Just a word of caution: Cedar Point gets very busy towards the end of June & all of July & most Saturdays. I would recommend going on a Sunday for sure as this was the least crowded day throughout my visits. Wednesdays are also less crowded. If you do decide to go on one of the busier days you should invest in some fast lane passes as they are well worth the money and allow you to skip the lines. Hope this helps!

2013: Maverick, Mine Ride, Skyhawk, Snake River Falls
2014: Team Leader of Snake River Falls

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service