Mission: Cedar Point 06/16/00

June 16, 2000 ---

We arrived at Cedar Point at 9:30. Immediatley my 3 friends and I ran to Millennium Force. It was like a giant magnet, and just attracted us. When we got there, the queue was not yet open, and the line of people stretched back to Thunder Canyon. 2 of my friends said that it would be "a 5 hour wait" and they headed back to Mean Streak. Needless to say, the wait for MF was NOT 5 hours, and was only 1 hour and 15 minutes.

When we got to the "Home Stretch", we were in the middle of the bunch. As I predicted, everybody went to the front of the train, and my friend and I headed for the very back. When we got in that line waiting for the next train to arrive I realized that I had been waiting from last July to ride this thing. As the yellow train approached, I felt extremely happy, and said "Oh my God" about 20 times. We got in the train, I sat on the left side. I left a little slack on the lapbar, and to my suprise, they did not push it down.

When we left the station everyone started to cheer, and then we started flying up the lift. About half way or two-thirds way up the lift, we sped up. I didn't know if this was normal, but I liked it a lot! The first drop was absolutley amazing. The first turnaround was magnificent. On the ground turns following the turnaround, I started drooling, so I had to wipe my mouth. After the incredible amount of air I got on the first drop, I got another burst of it on the "Magnum hill". I was very suprised. The island turnarounds were really fun. I got a little bit of air on the return trip, and then a lot on the bunny hop. The fly-by past the queue was amazing, and I gave thumbs up to everybody. We then returned to the station, I was awe-struck. Millenium Force was definatley worth the 11 month wait!

After Millennium Force I could not stop saying "Oh my God" and laughing. But we managed to go over to Gemini. The Gemini queue was full, and overflowed a bit to the midway, so we skipped that for now. We then went to Camp Snoopy. I had to talk my friend to go on Woodstock's Express, he was a little scared.....J/K. We waited about 5 minutes, and then we got on. I have to admit, this little coaster is pretty fun, and had a pretty good first drop. I was suprised.

After that we walked down the midway to Magnum, but it had a hour wait, so I said I did not want to wait, and we would check that out later. We were a little bit hot, so we headed up to Disaster Transport. The wait there was about 25 minutes, and I don't mind that. The queue rooms are still going downhill. I was disappointed to still see that the room for the Halloweekend prop still had that "Tool-Shed" type metal wall up, and it was sad to see how much trash was literally "revolving" around the Repair Bay. On to the ride....

Disaster Transport's lift seems like it is going horizontally if you look at the track ahead of you. I thought that was pretty cool with the chasing lights. It really doesn't feel like you are going up at all. At the top of the lift, I didn't hear "I'm Losing Control', but instead I heard "Hold On!" repeated about 4 times. The drop in the dark was fun, but the drops in the dark were better! I have never had so much fun on Disaster Transport, and I really liked the hanging strob light effects. Pretty cool. I really really liked the parts in the dark, and was happy I went on DT.

Next, we headed over to Demon Drop. The line was about 5 minutes, so we hopped in. When we were literally next in line, they made announcement that due to an oncoming storm, Demon Drop would be closed until 30 minutes after the rain ended. As many other people said that they were staying, I immediatley left, knowing that Demon Drop was not worth an hour wait. We headed over to Blue Streak, because I had a feeling it would not be down. The wait was about 10 minutes, and as we were about 2 rows away from the station, large drops of rain started coming down. My friend and I ran out of the queue for cover. I ended up falling into the Pirate Ride building. I was okay, and even laughed at myself.

When it started to let up, we re-entered the Blue Streak line, and waited about 5 minutes. This is where we met up with our other two friends that left us earlier. The told us that they waited an hour and a half for Mantis, a hour for Magnum, and a half an hour for Mean Streak. I told them that they should have went on with us. Oh well.

We rode Blue Streak in the very last row, with our lapbars up after a heavy rain. Could it get any better? The amount of air we got was amazing. I think the only time I spent in my seat was on the lift! It was really flying.

We then saw that Raptor was making test runs so we headed to its entrance. We then waited about 20 minutes to ride. When we got to the station it got really windy, and started pouring, but the thumbs kept on going up, and the word to hear was clear. We got on the shortest line seat, just incase it closed down. Can you say "wild ride"? We flew through that course also.

Next we made a lunch break at Midway Market. Mmmm... Mmmm...Mmmm, the food was almost as good as the waitress. After a while, we left and headed back to Millennium Force.

All the rides were then shut down due to lightning I guess, although I didn't see any, and we waited 15 minutes outside of the Millennium Force queue. 45 minutes later, we were in the station, me in the same train as before, in the right side of 9-2. For Review, refer to third paragarph. Next we went to Mine Ride.

Mine Ride was very smooth, and prooved to be very fun. I really enjoyed that last helix. Next, we went to Mean Streak, and were suprised how smooth it was, I haven't had so much fun on that ride, EVER.

We then headed to Gemini, and rode that 3 times, and the Red side was considerably smoother than the blue side, it didn't even seem like the same ride. We then went to Magnum, and waited for 30 minutes.

I have heard rave reviews about the infamous "Ejector Seat"1-3, but it wasn't 'til today that I was lucky enough to ride it. Oh My GoD! That airtime was so poweful that I actually forgot to pose for the onride photo.

We then headed up to the front of the park, because we had to leave. We left at 8:00 unfortunatley, because it was a school trip, and got home at around 10:45. A fun day was had at the PO!NT, and I am happy that I am going again next week, so that I can go on Power Tower, and Millennium Force about 3 more times!
Great Report! Makes me drool to get their. So, how exactly was the waitress! lol. J/K. I can't wait to go their on Wednesday. School Trip as well. I enjoyed your report. I'll make one as soon as i get back from the point on Wednesday!

-------------
I am DJ MForce keepin it real, tellin all you playerz how I really feel.
I love the way MF "launches" the trains over the lift. This happens because the third train passes its block and goes into the unloading station

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service