MF verses Steel Dragon 2000

I loved that commercial! Actually the player asked, "But who are the chefs?" I loved that. Great googalee moogalee.

*** This post was edited by CP_bound on 6/27/2001. ***
So what if SD2000 is 'just' a bigger version of Magnum. If you are going to copy something, why not copy the best?
But you have to think that Morgan will need to get a little more inventive with its designs if they want to keep up with Intamin and B&M.

-----------------------
Bob M.
Personally, I think that this whole argument is just because SD2K is in Japan and not in the US. It's because everyone is taking ethnocentric viewpoints and just assuming that our culutre, ways, and products are better than other countries.

It's obvious that SD2K is not a "copy" of Magnum. It's different size, different layout, and even made by a different company (as far as I know Arrow didn't build it, but I could be wrong).

My point? Stop ragging on a coaster in another country (hemisphere for that matter) that you have never been on.

I will now step down from my soapbox.

-------------
-John Gilman; Organizer of the DT 80
"Thanks for flying Dispatch Master Transport"
Thank you.
Well, Morgan's design guy is ex-Arrow, if that helps, and SD really does look like a 150% version of Magnum or Steel Force.

WHERE CAN I FIND GOOD PICTURES OF STEEL DRAGON 2000?CAN SOMEONE TELL ME,I HAVE LOOKED BUT CANT FIND THEM.
-------------
Cedar Point.....HOLD ON!!
Straight from the Spring 2001 issue of Rollercoaster! Magazine-

SD2K looks like Dorney parks Steel Force on steroids.

Or something like that, someone's borrowing my magazine :(

--------------
2001 Force Laps-66
2001 Magnum Laps-152
6/11/01 Gemini Laps 100
"where's my ESPN the magazine?"
Can you guys imagine how long it would take to get up the lift hill?
-------------
2001 MF Count: 0
Favs:
1. Iron Dragon
2. Raptor
3. Gemini
4. Magnum
5. Demon Drop
Ethnocentric ideas? No, I think we just like CP :)

-------------

A bad day at CP is better than a good day at work.
MAGNUM...often imitated, but never duplicated!!!

Of course if the ride was at CP we would say it's the best. Why? Because it's our home park. It's not different then rooting for a baseball team you like. You support the team. What's so wrong with supporting your park?

-------------
MF Laps: 2
Raptor Laps: 3
Magnum Laps: 2
Power Tower Launches: 1
Power Tower Drops: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service