MF verses Steel Dragon 2000

Bigger doesn't always mean better.

-------------
daniel j. haverlock
Magnum Count: 1266
MF Count: 117
spiritofthepoint.com
When will you guys admit that SD2K might have the possibility of being a tremendous ride, and (dare I say it) better than MF? If bigger does not mean better, than what makes MF so great? It is big, and its only "wow factor" is the 300' drop (which BTW, IS the best drop I have ever been on)

If SD2K was at CP and MF was in Japan, which ride would you SD2K slammers say was better? My guess is that the tables would be turned 180°.

I am not saying that SD2K is or isn't better than MF. (especially since I will more than likely never be able to ride SD2K) But I CAN look at photos of it in awe and realize that (in this case) the world's largest could be the world's best!

-------------
Only 2290½ miles from Cedar Po!nt
It's a rollercoaster, over 300ft, designed by Morgan. Nuff' said. And I agree with you Soggy, that "bigger is not always better" quote means absolutely nothing when comparing these two coasters, they are BOTH over 300ft. If bigger is not better, where does that leave MF? Also notice that on most top 10 polls, 6 out of 10 steel coasters are over 200ft. "bigger isn't always better" sounds PC and good on paper, but bigger can just as easily be better, as MF proves. End of rant. *** This post was edited by DWeaver on 3/26/2001. ***
Maybe, maybe not. The Intamin hypers have gained a lot of momentum in the last two years, and Morgan is still building the same hyper over and over again.
Over and over with LOADS of airtime! I love Morgan coasters, less gimmicks, more air ;)
Hey me again

The two chains work like Dragon Mountain....you really don't notice the 2nd chain in the middle of the lift.

As far as the ride..yeah its fun, but the cars are just so boxy and clumsy, not sleek like MF. And while I am pretty sure the majority of you will not get a chance to ride SD200, it is still a great ride. Just not as great as MF.

Oh, did I mention it cost me approx. $150 to ride it? $110 in transportation costs (4 trains and 2 buses) $40 to get in the park, and probably $30 in food. Of course, I was already in Osaka which saved me about $100 over coming from Tokyo. The park is basically located in the middle of nowehere!

As far as souvenirs go, they really didn't have anything great. I did buy a Steel Dragon 2000 ice cream...it was TWO cones with ice cream in the middle. Go figure!

I am heading back to Japan in April...hopefully making to Tokyo in the fall to check out Tokyo DisneySeas! Happy riding all!

-------------
John
CP Live Shows 1986-90, 2000!!
Universal Studios Japan 2001
The IDORA Wildcat FOREVER!!
Big Thunder Mtn. kinda has a 2 chain system as well. There is a horizontal chain jsut before the lift hill (Lift A) and is connected to the same rotor as the lift chain.
Ok let me see if I'm understanding this right...A bigger version of Magnum. With a bit more speed, a bit more length, and a bit more air time wouldn't be a better ride? Am I missing something?
But it's not at Cedar Point! We all know any coaster not at CP is defective in some way. ;) *** This post was edited by Judge Roy Scream on 4/10/2001. ***
I know you are joking, Judge Roy Scream, but that seems to be the opinion of more than a few "CP people." Of course, not anyone here on GTTP. ;)
-------------
Only 2290½ miles from Cedar Po!nt
I love coasters but going to Japan just to ride SD2000 is a little far...

-------------
Live for FUN!

GO SHAMROCKS!
GO WOLVERINES!
You're finally getting the idea Judge.
okay...sd2k is 8 feet taller and 2 mph faster, how many of you can honestly say you would be able to tell the difference! even though i don't like either of them, i have to defend mf in this case!! mf is steeper by 12 degrees and who knows on the lift hill how many more! mf is simply more exhilerating than sd2k! length usually doesn't mean anything in a good ride unless there is a substantial difference! in this case only 1538 feet, which isn't much!
Plus it has a MUCH more unique layout, and MUCH better scenery. SD2K is right in the middle of a parking lot!
Oh great googalee moogalee

-------------
I rode Magnum 5 times and MF once with Robin Innes.
Gemini 100
It's Dan K's fault.
I think the official measurement of both revealed that SD2K was only taller by 10 or 11 inches, or something like that.
Hooper, did you get that from Evolution???

That movie made me go out and buy Head and Shoulders.

-------------
Gemini 100: 100
No, I got it from that snickers commercial a couple years ago. There was that old guy painting the KC chiefs in the endzone. And Instead of spelling "chiefs" he spells "chefs." A player walks up and says something like "Hey that's great, except were not the chefs." The old man then says..."Oh great googalee moogalee" It just happened to pop in my head when this thread came up again.

-------------
I rode Magnum 5 times and MF once with Robin Innes.
Gemini 100
It's Dan K's fault.
Oh great googalee moogalee! I remember that commercial.

-------------
Gemini 100: 100
5 words describe all. Millennium Force is the best.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service