Mf after 2002

Just a quick question, does anybody think the lines and popularity of the force will slope downward after the 2002 attraction? Thanks all

-----------------
CEDAR POINT YES, SIX FLAGS NO! GOD BLESS AMERICA, THE RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!

Yes - once all these silly people finally realize once again that Magnum is the better ride! :)  No, quite honestly, it might not always have a 2 hour line, but MF, like all CP coasters will be popular for years to come.  Say all you want about rides like Iron Dragon and Mine Ride, but they still pull in good numbers and make the lines for other rides shorter.  In fact, there are four rides at CP that pull more people than MF.  Gemini, the Train, Raptor, and Magnum.  This will probably be pretty much the order again this year.  Maybe next year, something will change that, but capacity of the new ride would be a key issue.

-----------------
-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

I beg to differ...after taking a look at the numbers, the big MF'er was pulling in more riders than the Magnum this summer...sorry to disappoint you.....
MF crew > all

:o)

-----------------
Natalie
Mine Ride '99 (RIDE MINE!)
Thunder Canyon '00 (TC2K 0\/\/Nx0rZ j00!)
Millennium Force '01

Well last year.

1.Gemini  2,437,198 (YEAH! best ride in the park)
4.Magnum XL-200  1,985,296  
5. Millennium Force  1,735,347 

Though last year MF did not work nearly as much :)

--------------
2001 Force 259  Magnum 444

I don't think it's realistic to expect that you'll beat last year's numbers by 250,000 riders.  I would definitely expect this year to be above last by quite a bit for MF, but not that much.  I know for just about every day during the bulk of the summer that Magnum beat last year's numbers.  I'd be kind of disappointed if Magnum didn't have over 2 million riders this year. :)  And of course there was that one Saturday in June when we hit 23,094, smashing last year's high by over 2,000 people.  Gemini can hit this many people on a bad day!

Seriously, the competition is fun, but all of CP's crews rock! :)  I hope someone at another park sees these numbers and pees their pants! :)

-----------------
-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

Of course the lines will go down.  They always do.  Just imagine, in 10 years MF will have lines like Magnum does now and Magnum will be a walk on like Gemini!  And there will be a 3 hour wait for the new 400 foot creation.
-----------------
Bob M.
10 years???? 400 feet??? ummm.. ok...

-------------
A barrel of fun...
MF total - 469 laps
VertiGo Launches - 79
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100

yeah

Magnum-89

MF-10 years later-99

2009-400 foot TOGO!!! LOL yeah right, 400 foot B&M

Its 11 years,Gemini-78,Magnum-89, MF-2000
So its 11???????

*** This post was edited by Joe E. on 10/2/2001. ***

I highly doubt the 400 footer would come in 11 years. With all the technology, it most likely will be sooner.

But, there is a pattern here.

-----------------
Force Laps: 381
VertiGo Shots: 32
6/11/01: Gemini 100

Of course Gemini has a higher rider rate...duh!  It's two roller coaster...

Anyway, Raptor is claiming to have the best numbers this year with over 2 million riders...This I highly doubt, some certain blue tag over there needs to learn how to count!

Jamin

MF CREW '01

-----------------

I would expect Raptor and Magnum to both top 2 million (both beating last year's numbers) and MF to be around 1.8 million (beating last year's numbers by a good margin).  MF is helped alot by the fact that you still have a line at the end of the night which effectively adds time to the operating day.  If you have doubts about Magnum and Raptor both having higher numbers than MF, all you have to do is time the dispatch intervals.  Magnum's three train dispatch interval is consistantly about 1:20 and Raptor's is even less then that (1:12?).  Take into account that Raptor has 32 seats and Magnum has 36, they come out to about the same capacity with Magnum having the slight advantage.  Of course, Magnum's trains don't even fill up for the first hour or so of the day, so that hurts them in comparison to Raptor and MF.  MF, like Magnum, has 36 seats, but a dispatch interval of about 1:37 by my limited timings this year.  MF usually has every seat filled, but over the course of a summer, a dispatch interval that is 17 seconds or more slower is what keeps MF from having higher numbers.  Things like downtime also factor into this heavily, but I doubt MF would win the downtime battle against Raptor or Magnum by a substantial margin.

-----------------
-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

P>ONT face=Verdana size=2>I>Things like downtime also factor into this heavily, but I doubt M would win the downtime battle against Raptor or Magnum by a substantial margin./I>/P>
P>No kidding! :) /P>
Well as of September 21, 2001, out of the three, Magnum/Raptor/MF, Raptor had cleared 2 million already, Magnum was at about 1.98 million and MF was at about 1.79 million.  All three are beating last year's numbers, MF by the biggest margin.

Hrm.

-----------------
Natalie
Mine Ride '99 (RIDE MINE!)
Thunder Canyon '00 (TC2K 0\/\/Nx0rZ j00!)
Millennium Force '01

Well, IMHO, I think Millennium Force no matter what CP gets in 2002 will be a hit coaster. I mean look at Magnum, 11 years running and has probably been one of the more popular coasters in the park. Even after MF was built, Magnum still aparentally still has quite a following, and I imagine MF will have her own followers (like me!) for years to come.

-------------
http://coolforce.cjb.net - The Most Important Internet Web Site... EVER.
"This is a phase blaster. It has two settings: stun, and kill. It would be best not to confuse them."

Cool - thanks for the updated numbers Nat!  So all three have ALREADY cleared last year's numbers?  Its not surprising that MF is demolishing last years numbers since I'm sure there's probably been less downtime this year and they've been able to run three trains all year.  It'd be cool if all three cleared 2 million.  CP crews kick booty! :)

-----------------
-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

Considering attendance had been down, this is pretty impressive (if they aren't using that fuzzy math ;))

I personally have witnessed Millennium Force Hitting 1200+PPH most of the year and Magnum around 1600 PPH. Do these sound right?

Subtract 3 from MF and 2 from Magnum for me. I clicked the turnstile but did not get a ride :).

That's So Damn Funny...And You Know It! :)

Mikey

Up until MF was built in 2000, Magnum always had a huge line. The waits were in the 1 - 1 1/2 hour range. Raptor usually had a longer line, but I think that was due to it being in the front of the park. I think the only thing that will drop MF's numbers is a bigger coaster. Hey, but that's just me.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service