Mauer Shone X-Coaster Music Cedar Point 2011?

I think a Mauer Shone X-Coaster Musci would be a good ride to go on the beach becasue it is thrilling, has enough room, and it will bring back memories to Cedar Point.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

How will it bring back memories to CP?

Let's Get Weird.

Mcccoy, this isn't news and this would fit better in the 2011 watch category. It doesn't make any sense to make a new topic about something like this. Just bring it up in 1 of these 3 spots.

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topics/18.aspx

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Does that bring McCoy's count of "this would be awesome" to 13 or 14 types of coasters?

And I have to agree with Zach's question. How in the hell does this "bring back memories" of anything at Cedar Point?

Goodbye MrScott

John

Anyone else notice that someone died over the weekend on the type of coaster mcccoy suggested?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Nothing up on CB, do you have a link?

Goodbye MrScott

John

Yes

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

That was a Maurer Söhne but it wasn't an X-Coaster.

^^So what, people die on Intamin Coasters all the time. Cedar Point kept buying theirs. :)

People die on Intamin coasters all the time?

Promoter of fog.

coolkid2345 said:
^^So what, people die on Intamin Coasters all the time. Cedar Point kept buying theirs. :)

Wow....

Sounds like you value human life.

Last edited by crazy horse,

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Chuck Wagon said:
Anyone else notice that someone died over the weekend on the type of coaster mcccoy suggested?

^
I am referring to what he said about Mauer Sohne. I don't get why this has anything to do on what Mcccoy has been saying. Firstly, the type of coaster he was referring to is an X coaster, and secondly, i don't know what point he is trying to make.

People die or get injured on Intamin coasters more than Mauer Sohne. Cedar Poiint still buys their coasters.
-Intamin has had 8 major incidents since 1985
-Maurer Söhne had its first incident ever.

All I can say is I will not complain about Cedar Points double restraints any longer......Mechanical devices can and do fail regardless of the manufacturer.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

What rides have double restraints? If you are talking about seat belts, many of the manufactures require the rides to have them. Arrow Dynamics is the only exception to this i think at Cedar Point. B&M(Hyper Coaster), MACK, and Gravity Group do not require seat belts on their new restraints because they have a back up just in case something happens with the restraint.

coolkid2345 said:
People die or get injured on Intamin coasters more than Mauer Sohne. Cedar Poiint still buys their coasters.
-Intamin has had 8 major incidents since 1985
-Maurer Söhne had its first incident ever.

That's not exactly a fair comparison. When you consider that Intamin has more than double the number of coasters as Maurer Söhne (According to RCDB), not to mention all the other attractions that Intamin has built at parks that aren't coasters, of course Intamin is going to have more incidents; there's more opportunities for them to occur.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

If you compare any company to Intamin, it is easy to see that Intamin is going to be the one with the most incidents.

Arrow: 0 fatalities
Mack: 0 fatalities
B&M: 0 fatalities
Vekoma: 0 fatalities

^*these companies might have had accidents but were not blamed because everything on their part was done properly. These companies alsoh have built about the same amount of rides as Intamin. Intamin has to be doing something wrong with their fatality numbers. 8 doesn't seem like much but when something on their software, restraints, or ride parts go wrong, it seems like those things should be tested at their factory before they put them on the rides.

If you're not going to put any blame of a few of those deaths on the parks in which they occurred, then please don't bring it up. Some (if not most) of those deaths were maintenance or human error related which was on the park, not the manufacturer. Please stop ensuing that Intamin only build death traps after a few careless and unfortunate mistakes. They set rules and guidelines for a reason and Intamin is the only company that is willing to go beyond what most companies want to do. B&M has a great track record (as do the others) because their rides are simplistic in operation, engineering and design.

The curse with Intamin is that because they choose to over engineer things, they open themselves for more problems. BUT nothing is ever gained from NOT pushing the envelope. It's tragic that people loose their lives because of simple mistakes, but we learn from those mistakes.....that's life. You either stay in your bubble or take risks in the "always dangerous" world.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Or partake of the holodeck once in a while, like I do. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^^I did put the blame to those deaths/ injuries. In all of the incidents, Intamin had all or something to do with it.

-The Edge: 3 patrons injured-malfunction in software
Ride of Steel: 1 man dead- malfunction in restraint
-Drop Zone: 1 dead-possible restraint malfunction (no charges filed; Intamin changed restraint design)
-Perilous Plunge: 1 dead- restraint malfunction
-Hydro: 1 dead- restraint malfunction
-Superman: Ride of Steel: 1 dead- restraint malfunction/ software (part ride operators fault not ensuring safety/ part Intamin for software/restraint.)
-Tower of Power: 1 patron seriously injured- snapped cable (Mostly Six Flags fault for upkeep on the ride/ partly Intamin for cable coming loose)
-Xcelerator: 2 slightly injured- cable snapped

These are major mistakes and they could have not happened if Intamin would have tested software/ restraints/ cables. Intamin seems not to have learned from their mistakes. All of these incidents all are the same 3 things. I can see the software maybe not working properly, but having a restraint or a cable (2 things to ensure safety of the ride) should have never happened repeatedly. I think Intamin rides are amazing, but they should stick to what works from a safety standpoint.

And how is it Intamin's fault that a cable snaps because their recommended maintenance procedures are not followed?

And with the RoS death, it was pretty obvious that the restraints did not properly close and that that patron should not have been allowed to ride. How exactly is that Intamin's fault?

Goodbye MrScott

John

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service