Magnum XL-200 Crew 2006 - Thanks!

To the entire crew of the Magnum XL-200 for 2006:

If I can ever lend any of you a few bucks or buy you a drink sometime, you just let me know! I'm there.

I would like to say thanks very much, and offer a resounding pat on the back for your performance in the early hours of what must have been a very long, very bad Opening Day. I know you must have slept soundly that night, and had sore legs the next day.

I did not get all of your names, but Chad, and Kevin and Phil are three I did see, and I thank them especially. I saw a lot of you guys, mostly after you had just climbed a butt-load of steps, for the third, uh, fourth, no, wait, I think the fifth time.

I had absolutely no desire to walk back down that lift hill, but, I didn't have much of a choice, either. Getting out of a roller coaster train at close to 180 feet up and canted at some ridiculous reverse angle was not my idea of a great day at Cedar Point.

You guys made it as safe and as worry-free as it could possibly be for people who didn't want to be where they were. Every member of the crew was nothing short of calm, and professional, and polite during the entire affair. I can't compliment you enough for what you do. You can consider yourselves among the elite of ride-ops, in my view.

Thanks again!

Tank
Magnum: 187.5... Walkdowns: 1...Walkoffs: 1...$9W:0

Oh no! I hate to ask but what happened? I'm on the magnum crew and I process in on memorial day but I can already tell that opening day was horrible...

'06 - Magnum Crew

During a morning test run, I had the joy of climbing in and strapping into the train on the lift hill about 15-20 feet up... that was interesting... its a weird step to climb into the train at that odd angle...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

YEah i've been stuck on MF, and had to be taken out about 300 feet in the air.Yes a few years ago when the cable snapped i was on the train. You think 180 feet is bad, try 300 at even a steeper angle. Tank can finally vouch for me, about what an INTERESTING experience, being taken out of a train it. Yeah, and MF can only do two people at a time because of the elevator thing being pretty small.

Shockley

The University of Toledo 2010

Raptor Rides-363

The guy going the speil on Saturday and Sunday was very enthousiastic! Good Work. You guys seemed to crack them out. I'd also like to say good job Raptor crew. Fast, kept the line moving.

Can't say the same for TTD... :-/ *** Edited 5/9/2006 3:40:08 AM UTC by Keith 2005***

raptorman95 said:
YEah i've been stuck on MF, and had to be taken out about 300 feet in the air.Yes a few years ago when the cable snapped i was on the train. You think 180 feet is bad, try 300 at even a steeper angle.

So you were one of the lucky employees on that test ride? That must've been fun... :)

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Yay Kevin. :) Makin me proud.

2007 - Top Thrill Dragster
2005 - Magnum XL-200/Camp Snoopy/Monster/Witches Wheel

Just wanted to say - thanks very much for the compliment. After all the work Lindsay and I spent getting our crew ready for opening day, it feels good to be told that it paid off. Hope to see ya lots this summer!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service