Magnum XL-200 2007?

awesome!

Bahaha, Andrea you guys are stuck with me! My contract says Magnum on it!! :p

Edit: Hey look at my post count too!
*** Edited 3/29/2007 3:30:33 AM UTC by Mathew***

Ride Op '02-'07

EEEEE!!!!! I leave in less than a month! I'm so excited! Goodbye Seattle and hello Magnum!

Magnum/Dragster crews 07

Hey all, my name's Brittany, & i just got hired to work Magnum for the 2007 season...i was wonderin if anyone could tell me about the training thing, b/c that was confusing me, and also about what all we do while working Magnum. thanks, & i'm looking forward to seeing you all on June 1.

Brittany,

The training will be explained further once you arrive at the park. You may ask any questions you have to the person working in HR upon your arrival. Training consists of two parts; assuming you passed the online training, you will complete a company orientation (watching a movie, doing some exercises, etc) and then you will train on Magnum.

As far as what you'll be doing on Magnum...you'll be working hard to hit your interval (very quick!) and having a whole lot of fun. She's one of the most difficult coasters to run in the park (ask your sups!) but it's well worth it.

Enjoy!

2007 - Top Thrill Dragster
2005 - Magnum XL-200/Camp Snoopy/Monster/Witches Wheel

I am not old enough to work there either. Magnum is one of the most difficult coasters to run? I have never realized that in the 5 years i have been riding it. I always see the employees look realxed like it is just smooth sailen. Why is it so dificult to run?

Yeah new year, and finally got my license, well back in august. Im in need of a trip to the park.

You send a train every 83 seconds, or the ride shuts down. That's why were rude at times, we have to be.

Wow!

1:MF 2:TTD 3:Raptor 4:WT 5:Mantis

wait, why is it that you have to send a train every 83 seconds? I know you said the ride will shut down, but why is that so? And how exactly does the ride 'shut down'.. does it just get pissy?

2007: Corkscrew

Blocking. We wouldn't want trains colliding, would we? ;)

*** Edited 4/29/2007 1:49:05 AM UTC by DBCP***

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

yeah but do you have to reset computers or take manual controll or something

Yeah new year, and finally got my license, well back in august. Im in need of a trip to the park.

You have to go underneath the lift hill and turn a key to reset the system.

JayDubs said:
Andrea,

I will be very happy NOT to talk to you this summer... cause that means no set-ups! (and thus kicking Raptor butt...)

And what would I do without my 10 minute check-in's from Demon Drop? :)

~ParkOpJeff

Hey Jeff what about Iron Dragon. We call at leat 10 times a day

"Iron dragon down...loaded...slow Guest!" *** Edited 4/30/2007 4:39:00 AM UTC by little_angie***

'07 Park Op~ Iron Dragon
'06 Park Op~ Iron Dragon
'03 Games~ Area 2

yeah ok I understand now

Unfortunately, you don't understand unless you have worked Maggie. Kevin isn't lying. I have worked both Magnum and Dragster and every ride possible at Michigan's Adventure and I have never had to work so fast and be pressed for time as I was on Magnum. Sure Dragster is intense and hard in its own way, but if a problem arises, you don't need to worry about set-ups. So until you work a day at Magnum, you will never understand, even other crews don't understand. It's just a mystery of the world.

Miss you Andrea, I'll see you a few times this summer, whenever Kevin has days off from MIA.

2009-Maverick TL
2008-Thunder Canyon TL
2007-Top Thrill Dragster (Halloweekends)
2006-Top Thrill Dragster
2005-Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, MaXair (Halloweekend Fridays), Shivering Timbers TL
2004-Michigan's Adventure-Shivering Timbers CO-ATL
2003-Michigan's Adventure-Games Attendant

Aww, Ryan I miss you too! It's so weird without you and Kevin here this summer.. Let me know when you guys are gonna come down!

PKevin2004 said:
You have to go underneath the lift hill and turn a key to reset the system.

Well, that explains that mystery! While waiting for Magnum last Tuesday I kept seeing someone go down over to the lift hill and I had no idea what was going on. There was a problem with one of the trains, so they were not getting them out "on-time", and ultimately had to close the ride for about 30 minutes until the issue was resolved.

..Al

On my trip last week, while riding Magnum, we were stopped right after the last tunnel. Everyone was wondering what was going on, later we found out it was because they didnt send them fast enough. However, I thought the crew was doing an awesome job that I could see.

Keep it up

Ride On!

Top Thrill Ryan said:Sure Dragster is intense and hard in its own way,

What way is that? Dragster was the most relaxing ride I ever worked.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

Top Thrill Ryan said:
So until you work a day at Magnum, you will never understand, even other crews don't understand. It's just a mystery of the world.

Whatever dude. Magnum is not that hard.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service