Labor Day 2015

Since our Friday attempt at Soak City one last time failed due to the storm we went for the last day. Some of us anyway child #2 decided to go play airsoft instead but that gave me a chance to go with just one of my kids which I've never done before and it was nice not to hear them fight the whole time which is all they ever do anymore. We got in around 9:30 for 2 rides on Maverick before the line started forming. According to FUNTV it was 81F at 10am with a heat index of 88F. Don't doubt it. Two rides in and I'm sweating like a pig except that pigs don't sweat so whoever made up that saying is an idiot. Child #1 was all about getting into SC early before the lines so we switched parks and he went on his way to the slides. I planned on starting out at Renegade River but it was closed. Neither of the rivers ever opened so I spent from 10:30 until 2:00 sitting in the wave pool occasionally leaving to reapply sunscreen. Once my son finished his round of riding pretty much everything once we left to the car for lunch. By this time SC was packed. We spread ourselves out in the trees behind Gemini and my son was suggesting just going home instead of back in the park becasue of how hot it was. We popped back in for a restroom break, rode Magnum becasue the line wasn't bad and we were just done for the day. It didn't look like lines were too bad but the heat was just oppressive and we couldn't take it anymore. Usually the kids do better with it than me but the tunnels on Magnum were like riding through a furnace, had to be over 100F in there. I just didn't feel like walking any farther than we already had so we left the park by 3:30. Millennium's line didn't look too bad as we were driving by and Blue Streak's trains weren't even running anywhere near full but I just couldn't do the heat.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service