Kinzel hints at 2011 ride in Sandusky Register

Actually it was never in Mexico, it was first sent to Maine, the to Sweden and Russia and according to RCDB, it was relocated again and currently opperating in Minsk, Belarus

http://www.rcdb.com/6510.htm

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

djcarl said:
I ran across this on youtube. A new GCI with the theme of the old Cyclone coaster that was on the beach. It looks pretty nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7j_QFVhUQI

to tell you the truth as soon as i heard about the bringing back memories i thought about the cyclone.

-Marty

#1 Millennium Force #2 Maverick #3 Top Thrill Dragster

I think it will be a B&M floorless coaster or a mauer shone x-coaster music.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Me too. ;)

Let's Get Weird.

Oh yes...The memories of that floorless coaster.:)

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Don't forget that wonderful Maurer Söhne engraved in CP's history. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Just curious but how did you get the thing over the "o"?

And, yeah I would love to have a ride like Rip Ride Rockit to compete with all the Intamins for most downtime in the park. ;)

Let's Get Weird.

It would be cool if it were a Pirate Shooter dark ride.No one threw that out there so I thought I would.

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

I've always thought of that area of the park as one of the last recognizable areas of the "old Cedar Point" and it would be neat to see a new Cyclone coaster in conjunction with the renovation of the other historical buildings in that area.

With all of the markers in the Coral Courtyard, one thing that I would really like to see is an exterior renovation of the Grand Pavilion. I've always thought it was a cool looking building in old photographs, but now the exterior is largely hidden by the canopies in the Courtyard and I don't think many people notice it or realize how old it is. I've never been inside the building and have no idea what it's used for, but it's always interested me.

I just copy/pasted it from RCDB.com with the umlaut already over the "o" :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

An exterior renovation of the Grand Pavilion would be pretty neat. The park could do more to showcase of its classic amusement park architecture. Hopefully such a renovation is something they'll consider.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

So has anybody that knows how to do it, done any copyright searches to see if Cedar Fair has recently copyrighted any names ect?

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

I doubt that one could copyright "Cyclone" as a roller coaster name

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

This has not been brought up yet and there is a 99% chance it won't happen...BUT...what if by "memories" DK means coaster war memories and we are getting a 500ft Intamin proto-type?

Memories to me could be last year, "memories" is pretty vague.

According to Screamscape and I know they aren't a reliable source, but they are claiming that Cedar Fair plans to build more GCI coasters in a couple Cedar Fair parks. Maybe Cedar Point will see one in the future as well.

TTD 120mph said:
I just copy/pasted it from RCDB.com with the umlaut already over the "o" :)

Ahhh! Thanks. :)

Let's Get Weird.

crazy horse said:

net said:
Cedar Point once had a wooden roller coaster along the beach...can't think of anything else it could be. I don't think they are bringing back Jumbo Jet :-)

Jumbo jet was sent to mexico. Not even sure if it still around. If so, I imagine that it's not in all that great of condition.

Hello... Jumbo Jet never went to Mexico... The ride that is in Mexico once was at Busch Gardens and was called Glissade. CP's Jumbo Jet did not go to China either... Coney Island's Jumbo Jet is rumored to be in China. CP's Jumbo Jet was moved this year from Beoland in Russia to Dreamland in Minsk Belarus. Of course I would love to see an updated version of the Jumbo Jet at Cedar Point... Certainly would bring back a lot of memories.

Kind Regards,

Jerry

thelostcoaster
Jumbo Jet 72-78
thelostcoaster

I think there's a really slow echo in here ;-)

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/25429.aspx?page=2#417263

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

No, just slow people. ;)

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

No, just slow people. ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service