Kinzel hints at 2011 ride in Sandusky Register

Can't link to it since you need a password to see it, but here's the gist of it.

1.) Will be built in the beach area

2.) Will bring back memories of Cedar "Fair"

3.) Will not be built by Intaride (They made sure to make connection to STR)

4.) Announcement will be coming soon

Last edited by tambo,

Sorry.

Moving discussion ...

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

This is a little off topic but.. I know IntaRide is the American division of Intamin AG, but is Sandors the president of both or just IntaRide? And what makes one coaster Intamin and another IntaRide?

Back on topic what can bring back memories of Cedar 'Fair'?

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Everybody get out your Cedar Point history books.

It's so fun to play the guessing game again. Remember last year when they were giving out clues like "Snake River falls is turning 17 years old next year so we'll just go ahead and make it no big deal" or something like that. Dag gone it, we should have known! Of course a new water ride would make snake river falls no big deal!

Bring back memories sure as heck sounds like a woodie out on the beach IMO.

Cedar Point once had a wooden roller coaster along the beach...can't think of anything else it could be. I don't think they are bringing back Jumbo Jet :-)

Another thing, mid-August is actually an early announcement for CP. I've got to imagine they've got to start work early on the new ride...which leads me to side with a coaster.

Oh goody, a new bathhouse and sea aquarium. :)

pointperson said:
This is a little off topic but.. I know IntaRide is the American division of Intamin AG, but is Sandors the president of both or just IntaRide? And what makes one coaster Intamin and another IntaRide?

IntaRide is simply the entity of Intamin that exists in the United States. It's easier for the company to do business, especially from a legal standpoint, if they have an entity that resides (as a corporation, LLC, or otherwise), in the US.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Laff In The Dark. Calling it now.

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

Yeah, because what Cedar Point really needs is another building blocking the view of the lake. :-P

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

A massively huge lemon chill stand?

They are adding flame throwers and sound effects to mean streak, and calling it "son of mean streak".

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If they are adding flame throwers its name should be "Fire Hazard"

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Mean Streak should be called "Hell on Wood"

I ran across this on youtube. A new GCI with the theme of the old Cyclone coaster that was on the beach. It looks pretty nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7j_QFVhUQI

That was made by a member on these forums. Nice job to!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

net said:
Cedar Point once had a wooden roller coaster along the beach...can't think of anything else it could be. I don't think they are bringing back Jumbo Jet :-)

Jumbo jet was sent to mexico. Not even sure if it still around. If so, I imagine that it's not in all that great of condition.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service