June 18th through June 22nd, 2022

We stayed at the Breakers Lakeside Horizon Suite for this trip, and based on the view from the 8th floor it will be hard to stay anywhere else in the future. From the balcony you can see the Magnum and lazy river, and by going to the right and walking past each window you can see all the way to the Power Tower. The view and location make up for the lack of cleanliness and supplies, but this room is $700+ a night so buyer beware that the pull out beds and couch do not come with sheets, and it was sometime overnight that they were delivered. I understand there is a labor shortage, so we went with the flow.

Saturday was of course very busy, so my wife and I just did the Frontier Festival and let the kids ride. Sunday through Tuesday had the least amount of people that I have seen for the Father's Day timeframe which is when we usually go. If the ACE folks weren't there this weekend it would have been a ghost town. Tuesday at 5 PM Steel Vengeance was 30 minutes. I rode Gatekeeper 6 times before 10 AM Tuesday. I am unsure if it was the heat or gas prices.

Overall it was a great trip due to small crowds and nice weather!

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service