July 9th 2020. Season passholder opening day!

Good morning y'all,

Spinning up this topic before I forget, I'll be posting my report here tomorrow evening or Friday morning. If anyone else want's to add their report for the day then we can have a nice history of the first operating day with the virus.

Y'all have a great day!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Good evening,

Getting this out later than I had hoped but here ya go! Hopefully it is useful for what you may want to expect this season and as a reference point to later in the season. I'll be breaking it down into the sections of the park as listed below. I'm currently processing and uploading my pictures so any referenced here will be posted at a later time. Anything I don't explicitly address here please don't hesitate to ask as I may not have remembered it without a specific question.

Sections:
Main Midway
Million Dollar Midway
Frontier Trail
Frontier Town
Gemini Midway
Dragster Midway

Getting into the park:
Traffic was light coming into the park, new tollbooths were great. They did ask for confirmation of my reservation at the tollbooth but didn't sound like they had a way to confirm it. Once I parked walking into the temp screen there was quite a line but it moved fast. They split the main line into 4 screening sections and had you out of the sun what seemed to be enough to let your body acclimate if needed. The actual screening was walking next to a thermal camera, they had a team member with gloves and a handheld thermometer at the end of the tent to double check temps. At the gate the scanned my pass, must have had something come up on screen to confirm park reservation and welcomed you in. It looked like a couple people tried making it that far without a reservation because I saw them turn a number of groups away from the gate.

Main Midway:
Didn't hang out in this area much at all, while passing through on my exit for the evening did see Valravn, Raptor, and Gatekeeper running. Pagoda and Point Plaza(?) were open. Got a picture of the Bullseye shirt and got a pennant and "The Fun is Just Beginning" book. For non-resort guests (this goes for all guests I confirmed this as I left) you must exit through the picnic area access. All guests (passholders included) must stop and get a ticket for re-entry per the staff at the re-entry ticket window if you wish to re-enter. The smoking area is in the outdoor picnic area.

Million Dollar Midway:
First stop of the day with a ride on Millennium, got to the already forming line (outside the queue back to CP&LE RR) around 10:15, saw them start running tests around 10:30, people were let allowed into the queue around 10:45 with first rides right around 11. They were running all three trains. Most people seemed to be ok with social distancing although there did seems to be some confusion how to handle the line when a family filled the entire space between two marks, I realized to pay attention to that real fast as I got stuck to close once as I started moving from my spot to early. Ride was great, mask stayed on without issues. They were exiting only one row at a time but the timing on that didn't seem horrible noticeably slower though. I boarded right after a cleaning cycle so I got to witness the entire operation. First run of the day staff was definitely confused on how to handle that exactly. The oddest thing to me, they cleaned every row including the blocked off rows.
Open/Close status:
Rougaru and Red Garter were closed, Iron Dragon was open. Panda express was open.
Bathrooms by Red Garter were open. The fine China shop appeared to be open but I didn't confirm. I really should stop in there one of these days.

Frontier Trail:
Walked through in the morning and the Tavern was open, Toot sweets and CJs provisions weren't open at all that I noticed. The sign shop and glassblowing shop was open. In the afternoon the drink stand across from the barnyard was open as well. Thunder Canyon opened in the afternoon. The coke freestyle was open. Everything else was closed that I could see.

Frontier Town:
Maverick, Steel Vengeance, and Cedar Creek Mine Ride were open. Had a 1hr ~45min wait for Maverick when I got an access pass later that day. Maverick was unloading a single row from each train oddly. Didn't want to deal with Steel Vengeance's no loose articles policy but the line seemed long when I look back that area. A couple live shows going on. Chic-Fil-A was open. The Coke freestyle was open and the food stand near the train station was open with a limited menu, also the two shops on the Frontier trail side of town hall museum were open. Most everything else was closed.
Bathrooms in the Town Hall were open. First Aid bathrooms were closed

Gemini Midway:
Bathrooms on the Frontier town end were closed. Not much going on here except for camp snoopy and some of the flats operating. Back Beat and Magnum were running. I got a good ride on Magnum, minus some mechanical issues I'd say they had the best operations I saw that day.

Dragster Midway:
Bathrooms near Magnum were open. Coke freestyle under the grandstands was open. Didn't see much else going on there as well.

That about wraps it up for me. Again please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve the reports I provide. Thank you!

DJ Fischer

Were the Freestyle machines still self serve?

Incomplete report. Nothing on the Lakeside Midway? :)

Million Dollar Midway? Did you drive your DeLorean there?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Freestyle was self-serve when I was there today.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I don't know if there's a new name for it? I read million dollar midway somewhere and it stuck. Lakeside midway?

The freestyle was self serve as thabato said.

DJ Fischer

Is the Town Hall Museum open?

No, per Ken it's closed for the season and the guest services is in a booth just outside.

My DeLorean drove great! Had to smack the flux capacitor once or twice but it's was a great to see the fun just beginning as I rolled through the years! I'm hoping to take some footage to share one of these days.

DJ Fischer

It is called Millennium Midway these days. Lakeside Midways is...wait for it...over by the lake. WS, WT, Giant Wheel etc.

Know your Midways..lol..the map on the website is 2019 but has them all labeled. :)

Well that makes sense. I'm a nostalgia nerd too so I actually use old terms for things without thinking about it.

DJ Fischer

Was the CP&LE railroad operating? If so, what changes were made?

Also, in the restrooms did you notice if they replaced hand dryers with paper towels?

CP&LE was operating. Looked like every third row was open.

And no I was very disappointed to see they still had dirty air circulators installed.

DJ Fischer

Those germ blowers should have been the first things to go. All the other precautions, and they still have those in the restrooms? Unbelievable. Are there any restrooms open that only have paper towels?

Not that I saw.

DJ Fischer

How do the Legacy Walk bricks look ? Anybody take pics ?

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

No pics but they looked good to me.

DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service