I-280 Bridge Openining Update

For anyone traveling I-280 to the point, the new bridge is opening soon (this sunday-June 24th), but, it will not be open to traffic in the morning.

They are having a "Pedestrian Walk" across the bridge early, anyone who wants to walk over the bridge sunday can.

**edit**(or apparently Saturday is the walk, after reading the updated information -- on the news they said sunday was the walk over-who knows)**

Even the lower portion of I-280, will close for some time.

If any of you point buzzers know how to connect to other websites via a link on this website, (which I don't know how to do) our local web sites are 13abc.com - wtol.com - and nbc24.com for more information.
*** Edited 6/21/2007 8:20:37 PM UTC by PB-Reader***

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

It'll be open after like 11am on Sunday for good.

FINALLY! Thank goodness. 'Nuff said....;)

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

Finally, finally, finally. I've been going to Cedar Point across the old bridge for the past 7 years and that section has been under construction as long as I can remember now.

I didn't go last year, so when I got to that section of 280 I was quite surprised to see a cable-stay bridge, I just assumed it was going to be a suspension bridge or a large cantilever bridge. And it looks quite awesome lit up at night too (reminds me a bit of Power Tower or Millennium Force being lit up, minus the color changing).

Here's a link about the bridge on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans%27_Glass_City_Skyway

twitter.com/tommy_penner

Is this the massive gotham city-esque bridge that they've been building in Toldeo?

Goodbye MrScott

John

^ Yeah, this is that bridge. Never thought about it, but it does look like something out of Gotham City.

-Paul

I just remember driving under it on Opening Day 2004 (the last time I've gone that route) and thinking "Who in their right mind makes such a massive freaking bridge in the middle of a city?"

Goodbye MrScott

John

^Only in Ohio ;)

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

^^Toledo is already claiming that the bridge will make them world famous and that people will flock from all over the country just to see it...

It does look awesome the way it is lit up a night.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

^As if a hot dog restaurant wasn't enough (Tony Pacos)...LOL

The bridge is sweet. I don't know if people will flock from all over the country to see it since many other cities have better ones. But, I love when cities invest in attractive infrastructure rather than just putting in something that "works.

AWESOME BRIDGE #1
AWESOME BRIDGE #2
COOLEST BRIDGE EVER

You're wrong, because this is the Coolest bridge ever

^I actually have a shoot scheduled there next Friday. It is a nice bridge, even cooler when the Coast Guard cutter Mackinaw is going under it.

Owner, Gould Photography.

^^ Meh. I prefer the Golden Gate to that. Or even the Brooklyn Bridge.

I've been kind of partial to this bridge lately.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Ah, a fellow Photoshop user. I'm still debating the upgrade from CS2, although the upgrades to Bridge are very appealing.

Owner, Gould Photography.

^ Ditto...

<3Mav

I'm still using version 6.0. I can't afford to buy Photoshop again.

It opened both ways as of 8 AM this morning :)

That's awesome news. It'll be awhile before I get a chance to drive over it though.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service