Higher Gate Prices as of 8/2/08

Why?..........................What happened to helping out the consumer due to the current state of the economy? Maybe they forgot about that. The Junior ticket price went up $4 yesterday. What a rip. Bad decision CP.

It says on CedarPoint.com Junior admission in $19.99, is that still the same or no?

If you didn't see this coming you haven't been paying attention the last few years. Aren't we due for another parking lot increase as well?

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

They'll wait until the first weekend of halloweekends for the parking increase.

Oh, does this really happen every year? I guess I never noticed.... How much does parking go up by?

Last time it was a dollar. But who knows, could be $2 this time around. Of course, I dont know.....so dont hold me to it.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I would say it is a good decision to raise the prices during the season, because no one really notices. The only time anyone noticed last year was during starlight (because of the coupons saying something different) and the juniors and seniors often found themselves a dollar short, but they didn't know why. But then next season, they can advertise by saying it is still the same price as last season

Ryaи.L мsυ '11 || Cedar ρoıиt Adмıssıoиs 07·09 || Disиey 2010-2011

$4 increase per child isn't that bad, unless you have more than one kid. That can add up quick!

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

Ryan06 said:
But then next season, they can advertise by saying it is still the same price as last season

Sadly, I think you're right on there.

-Matt

Don't complain too loudly, Walt Disney World just raised their prices. One day price is now $75 and parking is $12. Makes CP's gate prices look somewhat reasonable. However, the price of food at CP is higher than Disney.

Bill Abele

That, and no one (relatively speaking) pays for a single day ticket to Disney. I never have.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Nobody likes price increases..but just take a look:

Category...................... 2005 Price .....................2008 Price
Funday .......................... $44.95 ..........................$43.95
Junior .............................$24.95.......................... $19.99
Starlight ..........................$27.00...........................$25.95
Combo (Platinum) ...........$154.00........................ $150.00

I dont know of too many other things that have fallen in price over the last 3 years. And you should never pay the full funday price anyway. To me, the entry price is a great value. Now the $10 for parking (whats the value in that?) and the outragous food costs are a joke.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

How about $250 for one semester of parking here on campus? Where's the value in that? haha.

Well, just think.. once you get that shiny MSU Diploma... you can just stick it in your window and park in handicapped parking spots anywhere! :)

I've often said that owning/running a parking lot is like a license to print money. Seriously, what is the overhead? Paying the people to wave the flags, replace a light every now and then, and perhaps restrip the spaces.

Property Taxes.

^^ the biggest expense is the property value of the parking lot in the first place. A parking lot in downtown Detroit isn't going to come cheap. Interest on the purchase can be a big component of overhead too.

Last edited by nulemoni,

bholcomb said:
Well, just think.. once you get that shiny MSU Diploma... you can just stick it in your window and park in handicapped parking spots anywhere! :)

Free parking after I graduate for the rest of my life.. can't wait! :)

The main reason parking is high in cities is to keep most of the traffic out. If it was free or cheap, everyone would drive and park there, causing a lot of problems. That's why it's so much here.. there's definitely not enough room on campus if everyone decided to drive to class. The only way to keep traffic out is to raise the price. Now for amusement parks.. that's a little different since they make you park there and pay the price.

No. The reason parking is so expensive in certain places is because demand outstrips supply. If they wanted to limit the number of people parking somewhere, there would be other ways of doing so, such as permits, for example.

Hopefully you're not majoring in economics. ;)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Give him a break. He goes to State.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service