Halloweekends 2012

I rode DD at Dorney a few weeks ago. It was running wonderfully when I was there...just like I had remembered.

There were only 3 other people riding it, but both times I've been to Dorney all rides were walk-ons. I don't get why that park keeps getting more rides honestly...it already seems kind of overbuilt. Maybe they're just trying to make a more compelling park to steal some visitors from Six Flags.

Last edited by Ffej,

I must admit, the new skeleton crew show is miles better than I ever expected. After seeing the CW version, I figured it would be something closer to that (good but that was about it). The CP show actually very, very well done. As a big fan of Cirque Du Soleil and stuff like that, I appreciated the acts that were done and had a blast watching it. Congrats to everybody in that show!

Here are some pics from the show I took Friday:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/invertalon/sets/72157631562712714/

Go to the end of the set where the more recent uploads are.. Starts with image C1577.

Also here is a video my girlfriend took on Youtube showing clips of all the acts. BTW, it looks even more impressive at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwS-k7XNbbg

They do seem to have a surprise hit on their hands with Skeleton Crew. The crowds for the show both Friday and Saturday night just about equaled those for Luminosity during the summer. I wonder if they will consider a cirque-style show for the main summer season. Canada's Wonderland replaced their ice show with a cirque show last summer, I believe.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I caught the skeletons on the 11pm show Saturday. I must say it was impressive. I would have liked to have seen the entire show (though I was in line for a night ride on Millennium, so it wasn't a complete loss). Defintiely something I'll be checking out next time I'm there for Halloweekends.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Invertalon said:
Here are some pics from the show I took Friday:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/invertalon/sets/72157631562712714/

Nice pictures. Simply some of the best photos I've seen of Cedar Point. What camera did you use?

Last edited by ChrisC.,

"This photo was taken on September 14, 2012 using a Canon EOS 5D Mark III."

Brandon

Wow! Those are very beautiful pictures!!

Skeleton Crew wasn't at all what I expected, but it was very cool. We watched it both this past Friday and Saturday, and it was unlike anything I've seen at an amusement park (in a good way).

Count me amongst the impressed.

Chris,

As Brandon pointed out, it is a Canon 5D Mark III. As far as lenses go, those are either my 24-70mm f/2.8 II, 70-200 f/2.8 II or 35mm f/1.4 lenses.

Thanks for the compliments!

We saw the 6:00 show yesterday thought it was a great show. We are hoping to see a later show when it is darker out. Whatever the strong men get paid, it isn't nearly enough. Those guys stole the show.

Just another coaster junkie at Point Buzz

Invertalon said:
Chris,

As Brandon pointed out, it is a Canon 5D Mark III. As far as lenses go, those are either my 24-70mm f/2.8 II, 70-200 f/2.8 II or 35mm f/1.4 lenses.

Thanks for the compliments!

Nice! I'm always lazy and decide against bringing my 60D.

So has anyone had a chance to visit KI for their new house: Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror? I'm hearing this is the best haunt the park has ever seen, including the Paramount era.

I think I read that it's also a wax museum theme like Eden Musee. Anyway, if anyone has done both, I was just wondering how Eden Musee stacks up to it...

Last edited by Ffej,

I saw some pictures of the KI house, and from what I could tell it shared a few props and costumes with Eden Musee. I also know they are doing an upscale dining thing there like what CP does inside Eerie Estates. Outside of that, I haven't heard much about the KI attraction.

As for Skeleton Crew, it's a fantastic show. I highly recommend it to anyone coming for Halloweekends.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Ffej said:
So has anyone had a chance to visit KI for their new house: Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror? I'm hearing this is the best haunt the park has ever seen, including the Paramount era.

I think I read that it's also a wax museum theme like Eden Musee. Anyway, if anyone has done both, I was just wondering how Eden Musee stacks up to it...

The level of detail in Cavern of Terror is as good as any other haunted houses in both parks. My favorite at Kings Island is still Urgent Scare, but the new one ranks up there with it.

Let's Get Weird.

Anyone else think that the Gatekeeper construction may impact the picnic shelter areas used for Club Blood?

^ No. Apparently, track pieces won't arrive until mid October and vertical construction won't begin until late October/early November. The park will be closed by then.

As for the picnic shelters for next season, IIRC, Club Blood doesn't use the picnic shelters closest to the parking lot. I could be wrong though.

Madame Fatales was really not that good IMO.

It was visually interesting, but not scary in any way.

Among the bottom half of KI houses IMO, better than Mysteria but not much else.

So I'm going to halloweekends tonight, and just checked the weather. I'm hoping it holds off but it's not looking too pretty. There not calling for any t-storms, only showers. Does anybody know what outdoor haunts operate in rain? If any?

They'll operate, but if the rain continues and the area's get really soggy they'll start closing or sending Screamsters home.

-Miker-

Will the Haunted Houses stay open if the rain still is coming down?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service