Halloweekends 2007!!

Hi everyone, my name is Matt and I am new to pointbuzz! I was just wondering if anyone can tell me where Fear Faire will be located this year? I heard it was being relocated to a new spot in the park! My other question is if you guys think that going on the 14th of September is going to be too crowded or just right? I am going with my friends and we just wanted to get your opinion. Thank you guys and I am looking forward to hearing your replies!

When I was at the park on Tuesday it looked like they were beginning to set up the pavilion near Raptor, so Fear Faire will probably be in the same location as last year.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Fear Faire is in the same location as last year, up in the Point Pavilion. September 14th is a Friday night, and typically, Friday nights are not very crowded. But again, no one can tell you what it's going to be like for sure. Much of it depends on the weather.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

That would also be the first night of Halloweekends, so it's anyone's guess what the crowds might be like. Friday nights are generally not crowded, but crowds have been pretty tough to guess this year.

I have never been to halloweekends. In fact... I have only been to cedar point once. But I fell in love with it. Is halloweekends worth going to? I have been the the halloscream in buschgardens williamsburg many times but i never thought that was worth going to. Does cedar point do halloween better than busch gardens?

"Can't you see it's over
Because you're the god of a shrinking universe."
-Muse

^Well Droo, Ive actually been to BGE's event (2005) and CP's and loved both of them. Halloween is one of my favorite times to be in parks because of of all the great atmosphere they bring to the parks and the added excitement it brings. That saids here are the pluses and minuses to Halloweekends vs Howl-O-Scream:

+The walk through attractions (CarnEvil, Fear Faire, and especially Fright Zone) are much, much better then Howl-O-Screams three walkthroughs (Fiesta, the one behind Banburry Cross, and Werewolf Reserve.) These are really the signature attractions of Halloweekends and best of all they have no lines

+CP drains their raft ride, puts some trees, werewolfs and a whole lot of fog to make Werewolf Canyon my favorite haunted house at CP it is extremely unique and fun.

+The General Decorations (ie not having to do with the attractions) are much more numerous at CP then at BGE and better.

+The park seems to "embrace" the Halloween concept better, I dont know how to really describe it, but it just seems as a whole CP's employees, park mood, and patrons embrace the holiday better then BGE.

-The three indoor haunted houses (UR Dade, Pharaoh's Secret, Lair of the Vampire) are run by college organizations "volunteering" which makes the actors here not very professional or dedicated, also no House approaches the level of detail that Curse of Pompeii has (my favorite BGE House)

-The shows are far inferior then BGE's, just like they are during the regular season

-The lighting package BGE puts out for Halloween to me looks much better then CP and creates a creepier atmosphere all over the park, not just in the haunted areas.

-There is no haunted train attraction (sorry Im a sucker for haunted trains, and while it would be impracticable if not impossible for CP to do it on their RR, it does not change the fact that I wish they could.)

-Saturday is the only day that all the haunted attractions and rides are open, Fri there are limited ride availability and very short hours (6-12) as opposed to BGE where it was open all day Friday (which is when I went, it was dead, never waited more then 15 min for anything and did all the haunted attractions/shows and signature rides.)

As for which is better, I couldn't choose, as I said I loved them both, and Ive only ever been to three haunted events (SFGAm's Fright Fest 2001, which sucked) but that will change this year to four (KI's Halloween Haunt.) Oh and one more negative about CP:

-As it gets closer to Halloween, it can get downright nasty and frigid on Lake Erie, VA is much more hospitable for coaster riding in late Oct.

Edit-I wanted to add more *** Edited 9/5/2007 11:13:52 PM UTC by Touchdown***

Thanks for the reply! That was alot of help. I like it at BGE when they have the actors that are hidden in bushes and they pop out at you on your way out of the park. I ended up sitting on a bench and watching them do it. The looks on peoples faces was priceless!

"Can't you see it's over
-Muse

^Youll love Halloweekends then, and especially the Fright Zone for people watching. Those screamsters know how to show guests a good time, but beware Im sure that eventually one of them will notice you watching and enjoying others getting scared and will turn the table on you and scare you!

Bystanders are like sitting ducks. :)

Touchdown said:

-There is no haunted train attraction (sorry Im a sucker for haunted trains, and while it would be impracticable if not impossible for CP to do it on their RR, it does not change the fact that I wish they could.)

They used to during one of the first Halloweekends. Anyone know why they stopped doing it? I remember it being pretty neat.

Cedar Point rocks my socks.

^Going through the old park guides, it looks like they had a haunted train until 1999. I guess between Boneville, tressels, and the trek along the park border I just didn't think there was any spots to have a haunted scene, but it appears I was wrong. What do you remember about the train ride MillenniumMan?

Scared people tend to run or jump away from what they're scared of. Scared people on a moving train with nothing holding them in is a bad idea. I have no idea what ended the haunted train rides, but that's my two cents.

I liked the one at BGE because it had live actors. I think that all haunted attractions should have live actors. Does Cedar Point have live actors in their haunted attractions?

"Can't you see it's over
-Muse

All the haunted attractions are housed by real people at CP.

My only other "in park" Halloween experience has been at PKI's Fearfest. It sounds like they are going to be having some upgrades and "twice as many actors," it may be something to check out this year. But in the past 5 years it's been a hit or miss. Either a house is staffed by only 2-5 people or there are 25 people. In general it was a fun time and getting some rides in wasn't usually a big deal wait wise unless it was a Saturday late in the season the crowds were a little nuts (2 hours per house!?!)

Basically what I'm asking is for anyone who's been to both to compare things like crowds (I'll be going this Friday the 14th), quality and length of haunted houses/walk-throughs, and pretty much overall scariness I guess. Thanks. *** Edited 9/12/2007 12:40:23 PM UTC by adams819***

25 People per house? Thats intense!! I bet thats really scary. Do they have people that follow you around the house? I think that would be pretty crazy.

"Can't you see it's over
-Muse

Sometimes you do get someone following you but not the whole time at least for me they never did.

Caitlin

All I can say is I can't wait for Saturday! Its finally Halloweekends! Lets do the time warp again!! lol

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Does anyone think Cedar Point will be packed this weekend due to the boating show? Does the boating show pack the place?

It will be VERY crowded this saturday! 2 hour wait for everything!! even food!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service