Frozen Fun Official Opening Weekend 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Breakers and finally got to use our platinum passes on the first official weekend at cedar point! It was Kevin's first time at CP and I've lost count how many times I have gone, but it was my first in many years!

I'll start with HB. As a kid we always stayed at Sandcastle.... which was fine, but I am so impressed with Hotel Breakers! From the lobby to our room to the beautiful back of the hotel I was 100% satisfied. It was more convinent than Sandcastle and you can tell they put a ton of thought and money into the renovations. We really want to come back and stay again... especially when it is warmer! The fire pits in the back with the carousel horses were the best touch I thought. Starbucks was painfully slow at HB the first morning but you could tell people working there were learning the ropes. By sunday they had sped things up considerably. We also ordered from a local pizza joint one night and had it delivered to our room. We were very happy supporting a local buisness and eating in our pjs after a long a cold day in the park.
The weather was the stuff of legends it felt like. Friday night was beautiful and we were smart enough to get rides in as we could. This would pay off on sat and sun when so much was down for wind and HAIL. Yup.... we were in line for pipe scream and it started hailing on sun. We couldn't do anything but laugh and be glad we dressed for the weather. The weather definitely sucked. It was in the high 40's but we knew that could happen so we just had fun anyways!
Alot of rides were down. Unfortunately we couldn't ride ttd and mean streak was down... which was fine with me!!! Thanks to our fastlanes on sat and our long stay we did everything else we wanted to despite all the closures on rides.
The weather also helped us to keep going indoors and Kevin go to see the museum and we played in the big arcade.... I've never had the time to do that before and it felt like a more well rounded experience!
I had read up on opening weekends about weather and slow service and it all happened. Luckily we are super easy going and went with the flow and had a blast anways.
Finally tried midway market as well and loved how much food we got for our money. Will definitely be back there again. Accidentally ordered a footlong dog at Pink's.... won't do that again! Hahaha
Also tried the buffalo fries in the park and fell in love with those as well.
Hadn't gone on Magnum in 7 years and wow... not sure if I got a terrible ride on it or it's consistently rough now a days but it was so painful on my thighs I didn't ride again... which was a little sad because I loved to ride that ride.
Great first trip of the year and Kevin and I had a great time talking about just how amazing CP is!!!!!

Greatkate said:

Hadn't gone on Magnum in 7 years and wow... not sure if I got a terrible ride on it or it's consistently rough now a days but it was so painful on my thighs I didn't ride again... which was a little sad because I loved to ride that ride.

Magnum's ride hasn't changed significantly in the 18 years I've been riding it. Its operations, controls, loose article policies, procedures have changed a lot throughout the years, but on the whole, it's the same ride. Next time, try riding in the middle row of a car. Sixth car, second row is my favorite. The third row of each car is probably the least smooth.

-Matt

Okay good to know! We rode the very front. It's interesting you say that because in the past I rode farther back.

Also, if your thighs hurt from the lap bar, pull the seat belt really tight, that will take off the pressure from the lap bar.

I've been riding Magnum since 1989 and as Matt said, the ride quality really hasn't changed.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service