Friday, Aug. 31, 2013 - Friday before Labor Day

8 people, we checked into 2 rooms in the Breaker Express the night before our trip. We had rooms 3027 & 3029. Just bought room. No package. Bought park tickets at desk when we checked in.
Rooms were great. Very clean and but generic. Exactly what we expected. Used "MOVIES" code from this site to get 10% discount.
Kids swam until the pool closed at 11 PM. I think the pool closes at different times depending on how late the park stays open. Nice pool and great lifeguard just like you would have at Soak City.
My first mistake was parking. I figured we would want to start the day at Gate Keeper so I bought preferred parking. I didn't use it. Breaker Express gave us free parking to the park. I did not buy a package. We had two cars and they gave us parking for both for free. This was a surprise since I didn't think we got free parking staying at BE unless you buy a package.
So, if anyone wants a one-time preferred parking pass for 2013 I'll send you a PDF of the pass for $10 if you can PayPal it to me. Just send me a message on the board. Just trying to recoup some of the cost.
But, I shouldn't have bought preferred anyways since after doing some planning, with Fast Pass Plus, it is better just to park at Soak City, go in the back and try to start the day at Maverick.
We got up at 7, McDonalds at 8 and in Soak City parking lot at 8:30. We were the first two cars in that lot.
We had Fast Pass Plus and made our second mistake. Instead of standing in the main line to get into the park we stood in the ticket booth line. So while we waited there the main line went from 20 people to 200 people. They didn't open the booth until about 8:50 Not a big deal but if we would have just stood in the main line and sent one person over at a time to get the Fast Pass wrist bands we could have had the best of both worlds.
Got in the park and headed to Maverick. It was down and would be until about 3 PM. So started the day with Millennium Force.
All other rides were working all day except for the sporadic downtime for TTD.
We hit all 14 coasters plus MaxAir and WIndSeeker. Kids did the Antique Cars a couple of times.
We did Wind Seeker, Gate Keeper, Maverick and Millennium Force twice.
The park was hot that day with occasional overcast skies. Park crowd was very light.
Later in the day (5 or 6 PM?) Gate Keeper was almost walk on. The line started on the steps that go up to the platform. The only ride with significant line was Maverick but that was just because it had been down all day and everyone went there.
Without FPP we would not have been able to do everything we did, especially ride Maverick twice.
Even with the light crowd I estimate we saved 4 hours in line. We stopped riding at about 6:30 PM but the park was open until 10. We have a 4.5 hour drive home.
Great day at the park with my 13 year old twins. This is the first time they were tall enough to go on every ride.
Add to the topic with any questions.

Last edited by AfterTen,

Wonder if Maverick was down most of the week. I was there Tuesday evening and Wednesday and it was down the whole time.

I was there on Tuesday and Maverick was down all day.

Thabto, you inspired me to take the afternoon off on Wednesday and I went up for a few hours. Crowds were low but TTD, MF and Maverick were all down the whole time I was there. What a bummer, but it was still fun.

Paul

Good thing you still had fun, but those are the 3 best rides IMO! I would be kind of sad about that :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service