Friday 7/26/13 - Perfect day at the Point!

Since I only had marching band Mon-Thurs this week, my mom and I decided to head down to the park Friday. By coincidence one of my friends along with her family and cousins were going to the park the same day. They got there before we did and they went on GK 1st. My friend texted me and said there was a 45 minute to an hour wait. My mom and I got to the park around 11:30 and headed straight to Dragster while I heard from my friend that they were going to Millennium. After waiting only 45 minutes for Dragster and had an awesome ride as usual (hands up the whole way, of course), we decided to go ride Millennium for ourselves while my friend and her group went to have lunch and then ride Maverick.

Millennium had just over a 45 minute wait, and we got on it with no problems. We waited for the front row since it only had an extra 5-10 minute wait. The front's the best place on this ride. After this my friend was still in line for Maverick so my mom and I decided to head back to that area of the park and get lunch. Ironically as we were walking into Frontiertown and were next to the Antique Cars and Chick-Fil-A, all of a sudden I hear someone yell my name. I looked, and my friend was in line for Maverick in the old White Water Landing building, and was right at the corner. It just happened to work out that we were walking by as she was in that spot, since she probably wouldn't have seen us if she was in a different spot waiting. So we waved, and then my mom and I got lunch and we headed over by Maverick's entrance to wait for my friend. Once she, her 2 cousins, her younger brother, and her stepdad got off we went over toward Camp Snoopy where her mom and even younger brother were.

Next we headed over to Dragster again. I didn't mind going on it again, and my friend had never been on it before. That's the only ride that has intimidated her, but she loves all the other coasters. So her cousin and I kept encouraging her all the way to the ride and all through the line which was only about a 1/2 hour wait. She was freaking out, especially once she got in the station. There were a bunch of other 1st time riders near us in the station, so that helped her a little. And guess what, she loved the ride! She bought her picture since it was so funny, and wanted to get back in line again. Since the line was pretty short we decided to go on it again. This time we waited for the front. I kept hoping I would get a roll back, but all day I never even saw one.

From here we split into several groups. My group consisted of me, my mom, my friend, and her cousin. My mom and I wanted to hit up GateKeeper, and my friend and her cousin wanted to ride it again so they came with us. It only had a 15 minute wait! It was late afternoon/early evening so I expected the line to be shorter than in the morning, but I didn't expect it to be this short. My friend and cousin rode in the front left this morning, so I convinced them to try the back, and since the line was so short we decided we would go on it twice so they could ride back right and back left. First was back right. It's been a while since I've been on the right side of the train, and I forgot how much fun the keyholes are when riding on this side. Next was the back left, my personal favorite place to ride it. And it provided another awesome ride. I don't get why so many people are getting headaches from this ride and are saying it's rough. I only felt slight vibrations at the bottoms of hills and elements, even when sitting in the back outer seats. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good train both times? I don't know, but I didn't have a problem with it at all.

We looked over at Wicked Twister's line and were surprised by this line too. There was no wait! Only the station had people waiting in it. So we got a quick ride on this awesome, underrated ride.

Next we met back up with everyone else at the Joe Cool Cafe. My mom and I didn't eat anything, we just talked with everyone else for a few minutes before heading off again with my friend and cousin. They wanted to go on Millennium, and I'd never turn down a ride on it so that's where we went next. It had a slightly longer line than before at 1 hour, but it's always worth it. Rode in the shortest line but still had an awesome experience.

By then it was a little after 8, and I wanted to ride Maverick while my friend and her cousin were thinking about going on Mantis. So we said bye to them, and said how it was fun meeting up. We went our separate ways and my mom and I headed back again to Maverick. It had about an hour wait, so it wasn't too bad. We had a great night ride on it, and we didn't sit in the front so we wouldn't get plastered with bugs (even the restraints on the front rows were covered in them.) When we got off it was quarter to 10, and we headed back to Millennium, which is a tradition to try and end the night on this ride whenever we come. It had about a 45 minute wait. When we were on the ramp, almost to the unload station, all of a sudden a train stopped on the lift hill. For some reason this always seems to happen to us. Almost every single time we go to the park, this seems to happen to us while we're waiting in line. Usually it turns out that it's because somebody's seatbelt came off, but we never heard what caused it this time--but I'm assuming it was because of a seatbelt issue. So after about 20 minutes the ride was going again and everyone on the stuck train got the option of riding again. Everyone except 2 people stayed on. Then finally we got on the ride. It's truly incredible to ride at night, and it's an awesome way to end a great day at the Point. I had a really fun day between the great weather, meeting with friends, and going on great rides.

Overall ride counts:

Wicked Twister x1

Maverick x1

GateKeeper x2

Dragster x3

Millennium x3

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I can't your wait times were so short, I was there on 7/28 and maverick was 50 minutes with the fast lane. Was the weather iffy that day?

Weather was amazing when I went. It was in the upper 70s, pretty sunny with a few clouds, and a nice lake breeze. It was the perfect weather to go to the park.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service