free refill cup for 2004

Not to sound dumb, but they do this every year? I can't tell you how excited I was to see the Dragster refill cups this year. We made the trip from Rochester, NY 4 times last year for a minimum of 3 days. Guess what the first thing packed was every time? I do agree, however, that they need something a little easier to carry. And I do like the idea of some sort of "drink club" if you will, a card or whatever. Hey, I'd even pay an extra fee with my Season Pass for free sodas all season. I know Pepsi isn't that expensive! (There was a huuuge thread about this over on Coasterbuzz...)

------------------
But then again, what do I know?

Shane, the season pass idea is a great idea! I'd gladly pay around $20 or $30 more to get the soda option added to my pass.

------------------
I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

...how about instead of merchandise discounts with the Joe Cool Club pass?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

RideMan thats exactly what I was alluding to... Joe Cool would be "Joe Super Cool" if it included free drinks.

------------------

Top Thrill Dragster souvenir cup's dimensions: Total height without straw 17 ¼ inches, total height with straw curled over 18 ¾ inches, Straw length 19 ¾ inches, Straw length over the cap while touching the bottom 2 ½ inches, Maximum width 3 ¾ inches. My Dragster souvenir cup has fit into the small lockers. The cost of placing the cup into a locker several times per visit with the price of the cup is usually less than buying individual cups. This depends on you riding habits, drinking habits, and # of visits. I personally like it and used it many times during the 2003 season.

------------------
Eddy the retard is awesome.

Speaking of lockers.... I OFTEN did not lock mine up. I simply put it in an empty locker down at the bottom out of the way. Granted it is risky, but most wont bother it, and i have yet to have a prob. If it got stolen, the cost of a new one was much less than the locker fees i would have paid all season
I like the idea of the Season Pass option. That would be very similar to Holiday World how you could have access to beverages when you wanted them and wouldn't have to shell out money every 3 hours. That way people wouldn't have to throw out as much unwanted beverage but I'm sure eventually people would abuse it and get one for their friends at different stands. I see how that could get out of hand. You're not going to sit there and they aren't going to watch you drink it and make sure you don't pass it off to a friend. If that happened, pretty soon there would be an underground market for CP drinks!
Thinking about it, its marketing... If something is too big to carry, then people wont carry it... If people are thirsty, they buy drinks... So people will buy drinks, even though it is not useful to all people

Anyone else get what im saying?

------------------
2004: Snake River Falls (First Year)

I wonder if I would buy a souvenier cup for 2004, but instead of getting a soda, I could get water with ice?

I understand that you can free water just by asking, but the cups are on the small side, and the cost of bottled water over the season could send you into bankruptcy. I would think that this would actually be cheaper for CP if this would be allowed.

------------------
Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I you are thirsty and want more water, just ask for two or three cups of water when you order.

------------------

Hate to bring it up again, but this can go back to the idea of making a 'debit' system like we discussed a few months back. These are all good reasons why creating a debit system would be a good idea.

------------------
2004 Power Tower Crew

Again, going back to your Season Pass... Wondering if it would be feasible to "sign for it" to your pass the way you would at an upscale hotel. Perhaps plunking down a spending limit at the gate when you came in? Then, every time you used your pass at a vendor or whatever, they would deduct it from your balance? I know it would cause HUGE lines at the end of the day for refunds of unused money but maybe they could roll it over till next visit if that were an option? I just hate carrying so much cash with me to the park.

------------------

Pete said:
I you are thirsty and want more water, just ask for two or three cups of water when you order.

Please do not ask for two or three cups of water for yourself to drink. If you are thirsty, ask for a bigger cup, we'll give it to you, and its alot easier to fill one big cup than 3 small ones.

Agreed on the bigger cup. I'll try that, but I thought the food workers were not allowed to use the bigger cups for water. Is that incorrect?

------------------

We're supposed to give the small cups for water, the 12 ounce cups... that's the only thing they are there for, but in the places I supervised, I had my workers give a bigger cup if that's what the person wanted. You won't get the bigger cup if you don't ask, but if you do ask, chances are you will not be turned down. I don't know if there is any official rule on this, but as a foods supervisor, I felt that it's easier for us to give a bigger cup, easier for you to get 1 cup, and probably cheaper for the park to give 1 big cup vs. 3 small ones. I do not know if there is an official rule saying that you aren't allowed to give bigger cups, but if there is, I was never informed of it during two years of being a double blue location supervisor in foods. Shawn
Back with the boot cup in 2002, I frequently had mine filled with ice water. If they'll give you free refills of pop in the thing, I can't imagine there being a problem with free water.

------------------
-Chris Woodard
Friday, September 18th, 2003 at 10:10 PM. It finally happened. Rollback on Dragster in the front seat of the gold train!

Anyone have news on this?
News on what? The boots? The free water? The size of the water cups The refill cups?

The TTD cups are back. They are the same cups as last year, available in blue or red. Refills are $2. Not free.

------------------
Richie Anderson
Millennuim Force TL '01
Ride Maintenance '02 & '03

...Which makes me wonder why anybody in his right mind would buy one this year. You can go to the Speed Zone and buy a much nicer piece of Top Thrill Dragster drink-ware for your $10, and buy $2.50 drinks. With a $10 cup and $2 refills, you have to get 16 refills to get your cost per fill down to $2.50 ($40 investment).

By comparison, with last year's deal, your cost-per at 16 refills was $0.63, and the $2.50 'break-even' point came after only four refills.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Sat., at Sky Ride refreshments, they still had the 2003 Dragster cup sign up. I asked if free refills are available in 2004 and the counter person said yes.

I don't know if I believe him though. I ordered a medium Pepsi from this same person, and he gave me a 16oz. cup. I told him I ordered a medium, he said it was and pointed to the 12 oz. cups as being the small size. After arguing with me for awhile, he went in the back to ask a supervisor. When he returned, he apologized and gave me a 24 oz. Pepsi.

This particular person was straightened out, but I saw the same thing happen to someone else last year. So, beware of new food service employees getting confused over the drink sizes.

------------------

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service