First trip 8/18

Yesterday was my first trip to CP! Before yesterday, the most intense ride I've been on was the pirate ship ride at the carnival (similar to ocean motion). Arrived at around 10 am and got decent parking. Was with my friend who has been there many times. He wanted to start me on gatekeeper as he said it was more "fun" rather than "intense". Got to the line and there was a hour and a half wait. My friend than said we would skip it for now and ride one of his favorites, Millenium Force. I had heard about it before but seeing it for the first time is something I'll never forget. We waited about 45 minutes. I really didn't want to sit first car but my friend dragged me along anyway. Had my eyes shut about half the way up the first hill but then I opened them and got really excited. I had a huge smirk on my face from the time we got over the first hill until 30 minutes after the ride. After, there was a relatively short line at mantis so we decided to go on it. My friend had a bad experience but I actually enjoyed it. Then we walked over to TTD. Again, I didn't want to go on but my friend dragged me and we had a 45 minute wait there. When I stepped into the car my heart was pounding harder then it ever had. Then before I knew it we were over the hill and it was over. Definitely an adrenaline rush but I would pick MF over TTD. We then took the cable cars over to gatekeeper. Had about a 45 minute wait. It was only behind MF in my opinion for the day. I had my shoes off and it felt amazing. Then we headed over to maverick which was a hour 45 wait. So we decided to eat at Johnny rockets and let the food digest in line. Really enjoyed maverick, another one that I had a hard time wiping the smirk off my face. I was feeling a little queasy after so we toned it tone and went on the mine ride. Two minute wait. I hated it, way to shaky and it kind of scared me going over the water. I really wanted to go on a water ride but after seeing everybody soaked we opted out. We instead went on mean streak. Another I felt unsafe on and ultimately didn't enjoy. Magnum was next. I liked the air time but not nearly as smooth as MF. Had 2 and a half hours left and decided to go on TTD, MF, and gatekeeper to end the day. TTD was closed so we went for MF instead along with everyone else who got out of the TTD line, about a hour 45 wait and I felt more nervous than the first time. Didn't go for front car this time due to my friends tip on the bugs sat third car and was better than the first time. 100% different experience at night. Had 45 min left and we got in line for gatekeeper which was a 40 min wait. Another that was totally different at night. Had 2 min until 10 and my friend wanted to go on wind seeker but I really had to pee so we went our separate ways. Wind seeker from the bottom looked amazing. I know this was long but I really enjoyed my trip and wanted to share it:)

Glad you enjoyed your first trip!

You haven't experienced MF yet. Ride in the back car (either row) to see what it can really be. It's rather dull in the front and way over-hyped. Your drop lasts for 50 less feet (doesn't really start until the back car clears the hill) and you get less airtime since nothing is pulling you forward.

Did you get a chance to ride Raptor, Skyhawk, or Maxair? If not they should definitely be on your list for next time around.

Gatekeeper at night is really cool. I don't really like the ride much but in the dark going over the entrance is unlike anything you can get at any other park.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service