Family Annual Trip May 16-18, 2014

Our family plans all year long for our annual trip to Cedar Point. We go in May while the Hotel Breakers prices are cheaper so we can stay close, and while the park crowds are light.

It was a couple weeks ago, but looking through our photos and videos for the Cedar Point Contest on Magistro made me realize I forgot to report, so I'll just highlight some of our favorite parts that may not get mentioned often.

We left home early and drove the 3 1/2 hours to get to the Hotel Breakers by 9 to check-in and get our early-entry. We made it into the park in time to ride GateKeeper (my first time since I was pregnant last year) and were able to rush around to get in line again just before the regular entry started. Then we headed over to Planet Snoopy to check on my 5 yr old and 9 month old. We rode the carousel as a family and a few others.

Then we started our All Day Dining Plans just before 11am- so we had to wait for the fries to cook. We purchased 3 bands and 3 souvenir bottles to share among the 6 adults and 1 kid. We normally share meals anyhow and after seeing the $15 combo meal price we didn't mind sharing. Each day we enjoyed about 5 meals from a variety of places, but mostly ate chicken fingers and fries. We loved the Coke Freestyle- especially since we could get Dansani flavored water there- perfect to share with my son.

To compliment our meal plans we bought a souvenir popcorn bucket (I think it was regularly $6.99) and took turns refilling it for 95cents with the platinum pass discount. Not the greatest popcorn- but a great snack to share. We also enjoyed the elephant ears, funnel cake fries (could have used more powdered sugar on ours) and Macho Nachos.

On our trips we have discovered the Town Hall in Frontier Town between Skyhawk and the Antique Cars. We take my son in to get his official measurement, and write on phone numbers on the Kid Track bands in case he would get lost in an emergency, and pick up a Parent Swap. We always enjoy talking to the people working the desk and seeing the old pieces and pictures of the park. They also have a movie of the history of CP showing on a TV in there- so a nice place to sit and take a break. They also had a Gemini Car in there- set up with steps to get in and a background of it racing down the hill so you could take pictures. so much fun!

We missed the time to go in to the Barnyard area on Frontier Trail but my husband and son like seeing the old tractors and train down the trail. Then we rode the Train around the park- it started to rain so we just stayed on it for another round- its nice since my 9 month old can go with us and we could fit the stroller up on the end of the car.

I also went into the Family Care Center for the first time with my littlest one. It was so nice! Clean, comfortable rooms- separate places so I could change my son and nurse him. Plenty of room to fit our stroller in too. I'll have to remember that if we are there on a hot day there was a little room with cushions and TV and a few toys for my older son to hang out and take a break.

We even participated in our first TweetUp at Cedar Point. I don't use Twitter much, but learned my way around so I could follow Tony. We made it just in time to find him Friday. We won the Blue Streak Coins, 2 front of the line passes (My brother and I rode Maverick just before the rain came) and coke lighted keychains.

As far as rides we rode plenty, and my mom and I (as her Buddy) stayed for the Season Pass Holder ERT. Before it began we rode Iron Dragon 4 times in a row without leaving our seat, and then we rode Millenium as the first official riders for ERT time - we got stuck outside the station. Then we went to Maverick just as it reopened and rode it once before it stopped for maintenance. Not many rides, but we had fun. It was great to see the Gemini Midway empty and lit up at night.

Then Sunday morning- some of our group went back into the park with their platinum passes to ride before it got crowded and my family went to the beach to see Lake Erie and head home. It was a fun memorable trip- even with the cold and rain! We can't wait to go back next year! Thanks for all the insight and suggestions from the group here and previous trip reports.

Great report!

My family has a 6 and 3 year old and our kids have loved our many trips the past few years.

My kids both love the museum and the petting farm is much improved this year.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service