Early Entry Rides 2018

Skyhawk has been a challenge for many of the friends I've brought to CP. Most are one and done. It was and has been odd to me considering with TTD another ride is never turned down once they conquer it. Not the case with Skyhawk.

However for me I always get off the ride wishing for more swings. The ride is really just pure joy and it does remind me of when I was a kid on the swing set.

LightDark18 said:
My plan for Early Entry would be to arrive at the Resort Entrance (bless the Boardwalk expansion so i can walk there from the front), hit Maverick, Skyhawk, Millennium, then swing back to SV when the park officially opens. Despite its obviously long lines, SV should be eating them up with its capacity, so I would prioritize Maverick.

It’s easy to imagine the park has already thought of this and will simply place a crowd barrier with a security guard similar to early entry barriers to prevent non resort guests from using the gate. They already hand out resort gate passes to identify early entry at the gate.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I think the reason is because of the restraints on skyhawk...They make you feel so insecure and give you glorious airtime.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

It took me some several Skyhawk rides to get used to the restraints and how not all that tight they will push them down for you. First time I rode I pushed it down myself I felt so insecure. Eventually I got immune just like to everything else, Skyhawk took the longest though.

I plan to rotate early ride times. Obviously take advantage of SV when I can, IDK if I'd be able to maybe get 2 rides in, depends I guess cause I would go straight there first and if the line isn't long after the initial buildup...but it likely could end like Valravn was last year, it built up quickly. On the subject on Valravn, maybe it's line could be lessened enough that I could ride it twice on early entry. MF being in the middle of the park should still be pretty sweet, go through that gate a couple times after a ride.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

XS NightClub said:
It’s easy to imagine the park has already thought of this and will simply place a crowd barrier with a security guard similar to early entry barriers to prevent non resort guests from using the gate. They already hand out resort gate passes to identify early entry at the gate.

Unless something has changed, they didn't hand those out to Platinum Pass holders who were staying at the resort the last time we stayed there.

Brandon

Thats correct. Resort guests who are Platinum Passholders dont need a resort pass. I dont see the park restricting any entrance to exclude Platinum Passholders for early entry. If they were, why haven't they restricted the Marina Gate to dockholders? The early entry line at that Marina gate have gotten very long since Valravn opened, and it would be easy to identify the marina passholders since our passes are a different color and actually say Marina Platinum Pass.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

In addition to that, they already cut down on the Resort Gate access a bit last year by not permitting parking in the back lot until closer to the time the water park opens.

This might change with Steel Vengeance opening, but I honestly don't think it will once Cedar Point Shores opens for the season. They want that back lot for the water park as much as they can.

We are Platinum Pass holders who stay at the Breakers often. In the past, we've always just used our passes at the resort gate for early entry.

So there you go. Park in the front, use the Boardwalk to head to the Resort Gate for quicker access to SV Early Entry.

Brandon

Magnum gate is even closer.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

The Resort Gate is next to Magnum.
The Beach Gate is next to Windseeker.
It would be logical for the park to limit beach access to the Beach Gate during the early entry period, so as to avoid congestion such as that experienced at Marina Gate for Valravn.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

I've always considered the gate by Windseeker as the resort gate and the gate by Magnum as the Soak City/ CP Shores gate.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Well the park chooses to sign them as Resorts gate by the Resorts, and the Beach Gate by the Beach, and Marina Gate by the Marina.

Would be great if I could park in main lot and use boardwalk to get to Resorts Gate for SV. I would think that gate will have a significantly bigger line for early entry this year.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

There is no evidence that suggests you can't. The speculation here is just that, it's not backed up by any information from the park.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Why would you not be able to stroll down the new Boardwalk and use the resort entrance if you have a Platinum Pass or some other pass that allows one early entry? That seems to be the point; easy access to the beach...which could lead one to the resort gate if one chooses.

Promoter of fog.

The Marina Gate would still be the quicker entrance to SV, the lines at the resort gate are already long with hotel guests.

I always hear that, but I have yet to experience it in the past couple seasons staying at Breakers....early June, for reference. But, to each his own. I have never even heard of a resort pass, so we must have missed that somehow. I would say our longest wait at the resort gate has been about 5 minutes. I suppose to some that would be just unbearable...maybe.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Early June is an entirely different park from mid-June thru August.
As has been pointed out before, if you have a PP you wouldn’t need a resort early entry pass. They were given to guests at registration desks. Don’t believe me, call the park.

These arguments sound a lot like when I posted in July 2016 over 7 day stay that the park was blocking parking to soak city lot and resort lots, specifically from early entry. The post was met with many ‘never seen it so it will never happen ‘ replies. And you see how that turned out.

Enjoy your weekend.

Skyhawk06 said:

Kevinj said:

If you think for one second 48" = a kids' ride....well, good luck when you have kids.

Signed,

Every parent everywhere.

Skyhawk is by no means a kids' ride.

Yes, Camp Snoopy will be open; that is a plus.

I remember in the 'rides that you wish CP had' forum, you were talking a bit about thrilling rides for kids/families, or just family rides, \ and I did some searching around. Strike U Up, by Skyline seems like a good fit for CP, as pretty much anyone can do it, and the climber(rider) has to meet the 36" height requirement. It's also a dueling ride, and it can really fire up the competitive spirit. I would also like to see the Fire Rescue by Metallbau. Again, this is another interactive ride that involves a little competition, and I remember as a kid, I loved to compete. These would have been perfect. Gerstlauer also has a small version of their sky roller, called the sky racer. Yes, it can go upside down, but I still think it would make a decent kid's ride.

Yeah, you're right about Skyhawk not being a kid's ride. Sure, 48 inches may be a short height requirement, but not all kids would be ready for airtime. Sure, any kid who has ever played with a swingset has probably fantasized about going higher, but Sky may be too much. Honestly, sometimes I wonder why intense rides usually have a short height requirement.

Because different children mature differently and are ready at different times. My son is a maniac when it comes to rides. We live close to Holiday World and he couldn't wait to hit 48 inches so he could ride Voyage, which is pretty intense, and if they'd let him on Thunderbird that year he'd have ridden that too. I took him to CP last summer right after his 8th birthday and he went nuts on everything, with the exception or Raptor and Rougarou because he wasn't 54 yet. It takes some kids a little longer, but some, it seems, are born fearless.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service