Early Entry Rides 2018

Tony just put the official 2018 Early Entry list on the blog. It seems that nothing major has been taken out, but, Steel Vengeance is in!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2018-early-entry-rides

What? No Tiki Twirl? What?

Cedar Downs made the list. Iā€™m content.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Skyhawk and Steel Vengeance made the list. I'm so excited. Was Skyhawk on the list last year? If anything, I wish Power Tower was on the list.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Honestly it's good to rotate early entry! Especially with some rides in A3 since we now have Steel Vengeance! I got hella complaints in past summers about why only one EE ride is in the back. You win some, you lose some šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Area 3 Sweep '14
Snake River Falls '15
Maverick '16
Antique Cars/Wave Swinger TL '17
Skyhawk '18

Perhaps it's the fact that Cedar Downs and Midway Carousel are two rides that children can ride. (Cedar Downs is 48 inches). However, I'm not sure why they are early entry. Even on busy days, you wait until the ride is over, and you are on the next cycle. Therefore, Cedar Downs and Midway Carousel never have a wait to them.

Ask one of the thousands of parents at the park with little kids who need something to do with parent A while parent B rides something big.

Cedar Downs is our go-to while we parent-swap Valravn during early-entry.

Unfortunately there is not much for little people near Steel Vengeance open for early entry. I was hoping they would have the Antique Cars versus the Cadillac Cars for this reason, but we'll make due. :)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

"Unfortunately there is not much for little people near Steel Vengeance open for early entry. I was hoping they would have the Antique Cars versus the Cadillac Cars for this reason, but we'll make due. :)"

Well fortunately Camp Snoopy will be open! You should be able to find something you can ride with your little one while the other parent rides SV! Maybe they'll change Antqiues opening time if they think it's worth opening for EE. I highly doubt it since Cads will be open up front. Maybe instead of opening at 11:00am Tiques will open at 10:00am that would be a good compromise.

Area 3 Sweep '14
Snake River Falls '15
Maverick '16
Antique Cars/Wave Swinger TL '17
Skyhawk '18

Steel Vengeance height requirement is 48 inches, which is the same as Cedar Downs. I realize there will be some 48 inches kids who will be nervous / scared of riding it, and some 48 inches kids who will love it. So, yes, kids 48 inches can ride both.

^Skyhawk is 48" too, in terms of thrill rides with lower height restrictions.

Even though I don't have kids of my own, I don't think kids would be ready for skyhawk at that age.

I'd rather be sailing

If you think for one second 48" = a kids' ride....well, good luck when you have kids.

Signed,

Every parent everywhere.

Skyhawk is by no means a kids' ride.

Yes, Camp Snoopy will be open; that is a plus.

Promoter of fog.

Is it still january? Ew. The lineup this year is solid, and if it doesnt include everything people hoped for at least everything will open when the park opens. The early entry is just bonus time so its hard to complain about something missing.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Enter at 9 at the Marina gate, hit Millennium, then Maverick, then SV. Or SV 2nd, Maverick 3rd? Should be an interesting morning!

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

That's a great Early Entry lineup!!!

I am glad Skyhawk is on the list. With all the people back there for Steel Vengeance, Frontier Town needed an alternative for spill-over crowds. Maverick should be a little busier at that hour. I wonder if they would give some thought to opening Mine Ride at 10:00am instead of the later time it has opened, I forget if it was 11:00 or 12:00.

Cadillac Cars usually appeared to me to have almost zero riders during 9:00 to 10:00. Dodgem is off the list this year, it has not had the same crowds since they changed to the crappy new cars.

If you enjoy GateKeeper & Valravn they will probably have little to to no wait times early, same with MF for that matter. While on MF platform you can wave over at the boat captains at the CP Marina. Oh, sorry, they aren't awake at that hour.

They did well to spread the crowds from front of park, middle of park, back of park.

Agreed on Skyhawk. It's been several years since that was open during Early Entry, but I loved the year(s) that it was open. The back of the park will be the place to be. Get a few rides on Maverick & Skyhawk, and then SV before the GP gets back there. Great start to the day.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Kevinj said:
If you think for one second 48" = a kids' ride....well, good luck when you have kids.

Signed,

Every parent everywhere.

Yes, I'm aware, hence why I said "thrill rides with lower height restrictions."

Kevinj said:

Signed,

Every parent everywhere.

I remember in the 'rides that you wish CP had' forum, you were talking a bit about thrilling rides for kids/families, or just family rides, \ and I did some searching around. Strike U Up, by Skyline seems like a good fit for CP, as pretty much anyone can do it, and the climber(rider) has to meet the 36" height requirement. It's also a dueling ride, and it can really fire up the competitive spirit. I would also like to see the Fire Rescue by Metallbau. Again, this is another interactive ride that involves a little competition, and I remember as a kid, I loved to compete. These would have been perfect. Gerstlauer also has a small version of their sky roller, called the sky racer. Yes, it can go upside down, but I still think it would make a decent kid's ride.

Yeah, you're right about Skyhawk not being a kid's ride. Sure, 48 inches may be a short height requirement, but not all kids would be ready for airtime. Sure, any kid who has ever played with a swingset has probably fantasized about going higher, but Sky may be too much. Honestly, sometimes I wonder why intense rides usually have a short height requirement.

I'd rather be sailing

My plan for Early Entry would be to arrive at the Resort Entrance (bless the Boardwalk expansion so i can walk there from the front), hit Maverick, Skyhawk, Millennium, then swing back to SV when the park officially opens. Despite its obviously long lines, SV should be eating them up with its capacity, so I would prioritize Maverick.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service