Draw your 2016 Predictions!

A space Valravn flying to Jupiter! You can only find these thrills at Cedar Point!

But with all seriousness, I would also like to see a space themed coaster come to the park in the near future.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

A roller coaster at Cedar Point or a space themed coaster. Take your pick. Sorry, can't have both.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

My off the wall prediction for 2016 is that it ends up being a B&M flying coaster.

This season - CP visits: 9 KI visits: 2 Total Rides: 217

My best theory for next year is that they never actually destroyed Disaster Transport. They actually saved every pieced down to the last nut and bolt and are planning on rebuilding it in our new land vacancy. Since it is away from the beach they will have a section where it is outside, and they will update the theming a la Space Mountain. Sorry for spoiling your plans Cedar Point. ;)

I still think it will be the Proposed Dive Coaster. Cedar Point has just been on a roll in leaking things.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Now that we're getting closer to August, I think the announcement will be the most common rumor at this point. As much as I'd rather see something new and unique, I think we're getting another "crowd pleaser" coaster for 2016.

In the last few years, I've noticed that all of CP's new attractions have been predicted by whatever the most common rumor at the time was, just before the attraction was unveiled.

- 2011: "StarFlyer" concept, Funtimes dispute .....result: Windseeker

- 2012: Dinosaurs added to other CF park, focus on "Millennium Island"....result: DA

- 2013: "GateKeeper" trademark, wing coaster rumors ... result: GateKeeper

- 2014: (no prominent rumors)

- 2015: "Rougarou" trademark, Mantis/Meanstreak conversion rumors before Mantis' departure was announced ...result: Rougarou

- 2016: "Valravn" trademark, B&M memo ...result: ????

The only thing different with 2016 is that the memo was only a suggestion from B&M to CP. How do we know that other suggestions for other attractions weren't made? Also, if there would be a coaster for next year, wouldn't it already have been planned out before the time when the memo was leaked?

Last edited by !,

Valravn just happens to be another mythical creature theme. Gatekeeper is sort of like a griffon like creature. Then Rougarou, also a mythical creature. I wonder why the park is going into the creature/folklore trend.

The two dark rides at knotts and canada's are also creature themed. It would make for a good paint job though, black and purple maybe.

Granted the layout of the coaster isn't all that accurate, here is my idea for additional updates around the Blue Streak area

I really like how that looks :)

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service