Draw your 2016 Predictions!

Hey, Coasterguy15 here. This is my first forum topic on Pointbuzz. Anyhoo, I got bored the other day and attempted to draw my predictions for the 2016 season. I saw a similar picture and google and figured I would take a stab at it. I'm generally a pretty creative guy, so I wanted to bring creativity to the Pointbuzz forums! I've gone ahead and drawn what I thought might be added next year in the GTT area (give or take some landscape or new food stands/bathrooms/etc that might come with the expansion). This is all speculation at this point. I simply took a picture from google and edited it in my computer's paint program. Here it is!

http://i58.tinypic.com/dy9jr7.jpg

I'm asking for other creative minds alike to share what they think this area will look like for the following season(s). I have gone ahead and saved you time by creating the same picture in a blank slate format. Otherwise, feel free to edit your own picture from the internet. It'll be cool to see who's the closest when/if anything is revealed in August!

http://i58.tinypic.com/est5kk.png

Happy drawing,

Coasterguy15

Fun idea! I like your concept and I'll have to add stuff eventually. Seems like an entertaining way to spend the summer until an announcement is made!

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I'm going to go ahead and post my idea that I posted a while back in a different thread here. This seems like a much better place for it. I have made several minor adjustments to the original. I know several people disliked the idea of cutting out marina parking, so I moved the road reroute back over a tad bit to keep as many spots as I could. I also don't think that adding a small two level parking garage to help create more parking spots on the marina side is a bad idea. It could be done and I don't think it would look bad at all.

Keep in mind that my idea is for a multi-year expansion for the GTT area and not just for 2016. This is also more of an idea than a prediction. It would also require the Cedars dorms to be removed. A lot could fit into this area and my idea includes a dive coaster, area for a dark ride, shops and flat rides, and a medium size out and back GCI or RMC (to appease those who want a GCI, but I could live without one). It would be cool to have a lakeside woodie though. I don't believe that two coasters will be going into this area. This is purely an idea that I had to get the most out of this space.

This was a great idea and i had a lot of fun making my prediction, my drawing skills aren't the best but it gets the point across.

http://phillies2.deviantart.com/art/Cedar-Point-2015-Predict-535165...1432513375

The Black is the new area for Luminosity when Cedars is finally taken down while the coaster itself is a Intamin Woodie (I know highly unlikely), but its my prediction. The purple is the path itself while the red is yet to be decided. Also the marina entrance would be at where the red and black meet

Last edited by phillies2,

Wow, I never knew how busy this area could be! I could definitely see it though if the dorms are removed and the road is re-routed. I might try and work more on my idea based of the possible removal of the dorms and road situation. If I am not mistaken, don't the employees have apartments near corkscrew? I thought that's what the modern high rise building was. I think if CP added a RMC/GCI it would be in place of Meanstreak whether it's renovated or totally replaced by it.

I also think yours, Phillies2 could be a contender as well!

EDIT:
This is my newly edited idea if the dorms were removed and the road was re-routed.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

Thanks. your second one isn't to bad also, but i you have used paintbrush more then me. Mine was kind of sloppy. Also the employees would be moved off point to where some of the workers are. Your midways are on point though. All of these drawings are nice, will be great to see what other people come up with

Seeing some recent twitter posts about Skytower at Carowinds has me thinking. In addition to a new coaster in the newly created space, might this be a great place to bring back a new "Thread the needle" for Cedar Point in the next few years. I think this central area would be a great location for a new tower.

The key to this area is going to depend on what happens to the Cedars Dorms and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cadillac Cars also removed at the end of this season, looking at the overall aerial footprint.

I can vividly picture an entrance with queue line possibly by the old Calypso location (yes to draw more people to the Blue Streak and it's midway) and some new coaster track going over the perimeter road (towards the bay) if both the dorms and CC are taken out later on....we shall see.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

I think they're going to build up a small grassy area and trees to appease all the concrete jungle where are all the trees enthusiasts to finally quiet them down ;P

Speaking of, who's voice is that recorded for the Coasterbuzz intro?

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Here is another way they could use the land if they are not going to tear down the Cedars dorms or connect the Blue Streak midway to Celebration Plaza. This would allow for significantly less expansion but they could still build a dark ride, dive coaster, and a new marina entrance.

I placed a picture of Griffon's layout over the GTT land to use as a guide and I came up with a dive coaster layout that could work well. The dark ride entrance would be located next to Blue Streak and would significantly increase the foot traffic in that area.

^ I love your layout. Especially the dive coaster.

This is a really great topic, coasterguy. Nice work.

Last edited by Final Force 500,

If a dive coaster did in fact go over the marina entrance they could call it "LakeKeeper." Haha.

I use NoLimits 2 and I was looking through this thread and found a good design. I used the one designed by CoasterCam (can be seen a few posts up). So I made a quick version of what I believe could be a good fit, and I did something with the entrance. Click here to watch it. Also I do put designs of my own on youtube so if you're interested in those too, take a look.

I'm from Kansas

I just pray that it is not some silly gimmick that hangs over the midway, that then does a couple of way too heavy carriage B&M yawn immelmen/loops , and then maybe does it again...

glions33 said:
I use NoLimits 2 and I was looking through this thread and found a good design. I used the one designed by CoasterCam (can be seen a few posts up). So I made a quick version of what I believe could be a good fit, and I did something with the entrance. Click here to watch it. Also I do put designs of my own on youtube so if you're interested in those too, take a look.

Great Job! That's pretty much what I hope they get. I think it would be super cool if they could place the loop more underneath the lift so the final brake run could thread through it. I think the color scheme looks great too.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

jo linn said:
I just pray that it is not some silly gimmick that hangs over the midway, that then does a couple of way too heavy carriage B&M yawn immelmen/loops , and then maybe does it again...

Yeah, it seems very RougaKeeper from the lift hill turnaround to the oversized loops. Long and drawn out, which works for gatekeeper because of the real estate it has. I feel this in that location will feel very short due to the lack of excitement. Rougarou , has a much more exciting layout in a similarly confined space. I do like the marina entrance idea

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I really enjoy long drawn out inversions. The bigger the better in my opinion. That's probably why I'm a huge fan of coasters like Gatekeeper, Banshee, and Griffon.

The turnaround at the top of the lift and large inversions are signature dive coaster elements that I feel would lessen the asthetic beauty of the coaster if taken out.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

glions33 said:

This is really cool! A lot easier to see than a pic, haha.

Glad this thread is still alive

Cedar point has enough bird/animal themed rides. A space theme would be cool, I know they can do it right this time (unlike DT years ago) you're probably going to bash this idea, but this is my 2016 prediction.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service