Dragster mechanical problems 9/19/10

I was at the park today (9/19/10) and dragster was down 3 times all when I was in line. It seemed like it had some bad mechanical problems today. I saw two rollbacks and on one occasion when I was leaving the ride there were multiple mechanics working on a section of the launch track. Does this happen often to dragster? I know rollbacks occur frequently but I have never seen the ride break down 3 times in a day.

What? This is Top Thrill!?!?!? I thought I was riding Iron Dragon!!

It's the end of the season. The team of gnomes under the track that push the train are getting tired...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

They want their rest! To answer the question, it isn't uncommon for Dragster to have frequent bits of downtime. Especially around this time in the season. Expect more as the weather gets colder.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

When dose that thing NOT ever have problems,the worst thing ever is when you goto the car for something and you come back to ride it and you notice that a train has not gone up the thing in about a half hour, then when you get there you see a train sitting on the launch section and the lines are empty and the crew is cleaning the trains in pure boredom.
And it was working fine when you left i have had so many attempt's and success! it really disappoints though,i always say i have the TTD curse!!LOL!!
I know your pain!!!!

Being a Ride Warrior is just not a job!
It's a way of life!!!
I have ridden the all the coasters at K.I. and C.P. that i have lost count!!!!! and it is not the amount of times i have ridden, it is just the joy of riding them for me!!!!

There was a dead cat stuck in the launch track.:)

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Must've been Schrodinger's cat. He wasn't certain if it was alive or dead.

(A virtual cookie to every person who got this joke.)

Nom nom nom. Thanks, Mike! :)

Brandon

I thought this was funny when I saw it recently.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Nice! And DJ, that was in fact a quantum cookie, simultaneously both a cookie and a not-cookie. Until you ate it. ;)

"This ride is currently closed"
That sign is the new Intamin logo ;)

I didnt see any long downtime probs with Dragster yesterday. I thought it seemed pretty consistant actually.
Too bad cant say the same for my Raptor.... I can neither confirm or deny that I thought something didnt sound quite right when I was riding in the morn ;)

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2280 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

Time to chime in with...

Guests currently waiting in line for Top Thrill Dragster, at this time Top Thrill Dragster is down to mechanical reasons. We do not know how long this delay will last and we would also like to say that this is all Intamin's fault ;)

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

when I was at Cedar Point for opening day it broke down 7 times when I was in line!!!!(Im not lying) All because of rollbacks!!!! idk y but whenever dragster has a rollback, the breaks near the end of the launch track get stuck in a near-down position

It's because they refuse to redo them and get new pneumatic setups. Those end brakes are always a problem.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

RailRunner said:
When dose that thing NOT ever have problems,the worst thing ever is when you goto the car for something and you come back to ride it and you notice that a train has not gone up the thing in about a half hour, then when you get there you see a train sitting on the launch section and the lines are empty and the crew is cleaning the trains in pure boredom.
And it was working fine when you left i have had so many attempt's and success! it really disappoints though,i always say i have the TTD curse!!LOL!!
I know your pain!!!!

I have had this before! LOL I know exactly what you're talking about! But call me lucky because I haven't seen Dragster down at all (no more than 10 minutes) this summer. I have been very lucky!

Last year on the other hand, everytime I would wait in line, the crew would be sending out trains like crazy, but once I step foot in the station and am only a couple trains away from riding..."Attention all guests in line for Top Thrill Dragster. Top Thrill Dragster is currently down due to mechanical reasons and we do not know how long this delay will last"

It was like that when I would get in line for Dragster from '03 to '06, wait any were from ten to 20 mins and it goes down. Quote from one of Corkscrew crew in '08, "And Dragsters down again".

Quote from a Corkscrew ride op, "And Dragster is down again"

I didnt ride TTD at all last season and havent touched it at all this season either. If I dont ride it this season I wont miss it. I got to ride Xcelerator like 10x and enjoyed it way more :)

Jo

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

I have to agree with you, Jo. Xcelerator is simply more fun to ride. And at least you get a couple nice overbanked curves to go with all those flying shards...

Has anyone noticed that the top row of countdown lights on the tower are completely out, and have been for about a month? I know it has nothing to do with TTD's operating status, but I would hate to see that part of the theming start to go.

Last edited by r0flcoasterniki,

Typical of cedarpoint.

It takes a long time for them to replace lighting for some reason.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

LuvRaptor said:
I didnt ride TTD at all last season and havent touched it at all this season either. If I dont ride it this season I wont miss it. I got to ride Xcelerator like 10x and enjoyed it way more :)

Jo

I would agree with you as well, but the silly glasses policy they have kind of ruins it for me.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service