Day Trip 9/18

Weather was nice, crowds were busy but not stifling. I actually fit on MF this year, which I had to give myself a pat on the back for as I didn't pass the test seat last year.

This was actually my first Halloweekends ever! Unfortunately, I didn't really do any of the scary stuff (1, because I couldn't stay too late because I had a 2 1/2 hour drive home, and 2, I was by myself and screaming and clinging to a complete stranger would have been awkward.) I thought the daytime stuff they had for the kids was just adorable, and it was cute to watch the little ones trick or treating and shuffling through the hay mazes.

The biggest treat for me was something I had heard about forever but never experienced before- Midnight Syndicate. What an experience! The line to get into the Aldrich was super long and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get in, but thankfully there was plenty of room for everyone. The music was sublime, the vocals were gorgeous, and the story was incredible (and spooky af.) My only complaint didn't have to do with the show itself, but for way too many people not heeding the 'this show isn't suitable for children' warning. Way too many kids talking and kicking seats, and it killed the immersion a bit.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

For sure....Midnight Syndicate is ALWAYS a great show!

It has become a highlight for Halloweekends.

Glad you were able to check it out.

I think It's my biggest dream to get once to Halloweekends. When I was a kid, my parents told me I was too little for this stuff. I guess they genuinely didn't want to take too much upon themselves. I had the opportunity to travel and see some places only when I was studying in Germany. I was getting low-cost tickets here https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/, and traveling by train thorough all country. Hence I fell in love with tourism and started moving my body across all West Europe, East Europe. But paradoxical, I've never been to Halloweekends.

Last edited by Hasbula,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service