Day 2 10/19...Goat Boy and Edge Girl get Twisted

Saturday. nice day for a park visit.

started out at MF. met rest of group and went to eat at Midway Market. had same AWFUL server we had in May!! you'd think there would be SOME improvement over the last 5 months!! complained to a Silver Tag who was working in there.

but the fried chicken at MM MORE than makes up for any bad service.

hit Cedar Downs and Blue Streak real quick. Blue Strak is SUCH a gem!! it's my BF's baby. he loves it. so do i. delivers every time.

off to WT. my friend Emily hadn't ridden it yet. as we were waiting in line, one of our group kept teasing her by telling her that the cover over the queue under the back spike was the "splatter guard"...

Em (Edge Girl) LOVES V2 but hated WT. too intense for her i guess. she DID say she'd give it another try next year.

time for DT. nice ride, as usual. so when, pray tell, did they start OFFICIALLY calling it "DisPatchMaster transport"? did they get that from us here at GTTP or what?? i really like that carpeting they put into the queue. it's really cool!!

on to Gemini. BEST LAP EVER!!! lots of hand-smacking, giggling, cheering and jeering. was in blue train. we won!!

it's really great when you can get the whole of two trains to get into it and to hand-smack. no one but me and another group member did it at first but by the first turn after the drop, EVERYONE was doing it!! hehehehe.

got a good look at Area 51 from the top of Gemini. very interesting, but Sunday was designated "snooping day".

hit the petting zoo after that on our way back to MF.

my BF was playing with one of the goats and it started sucking on his finger. then it started CHEWING on his finger. he started to bleed!! so off to First Aid we go.

the ladies in First Aid LAUGHED at him!! apparently, they had just been talking about a goat that likes to BITE people!! so a Band-Aid and some antibiotic ointment later and we were off.

the two kids with us decided that John's new name is now "Goat Boy". they kept wondering if the full moon would make him turn into a goat!! they responded with great giggles when Goat Boy would sneak up behind themand go "BAAAAAAAA!!"...

more rides on MF and a few beers later it was WAAAAYYY too cold for anything else.

one more walk down Frontier Trail to scare the kids and we were done.

this time, there were SOOO many peeps on the trail that it wasn't even scary!!

i was shivering and was ready to go and have some adult beverages. off to Outback. it was a good 10-hour day for us. BOTH kids passed out at the table. we ate Shauna's crab legs for her and loaded both kids' pockets with more sugar packets.

back to room, pass out and get some rest for SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!

------------------
not to be confused with Tservo...

Is it just me, or does Gemini suffer from an appalling lack of rider participation most days. Back when I was a lad, you wouldn't have to have worked to get the inner riders a-smackin'.

It almost makes for a disappointing ride. Almost, but not quite :)

well, it is hard to do ANYTHING about it when only one side is running, like it was on Sunday.

but yeah, i think there IS a lack of audience participation on Gemini these days...

unless I'M riding it!!

------------------
not to be confused with Tservo...

I thought it had always been Dispatch Master Transport... that was part of the original theming. I remember the original posters when you entered the queue all read Dispatch Master.

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

I'm gonna have to agree with you there Brian.
It's the most annoying thing when you're having a good time and sticking your hand out and everybody glares at you. They don't know what they're missing out on...
------------------
*~Kristi~*
MF Laps:61
WT:30
'02 Trips to CP:31 (never enough)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service