Crowded HW Friday 10/18/13

All of my family had plans but me, so I decided to head to CP for early entry and a few hours of rides. Early entry ended up a bust. Raptor and Maverick were down and they still did not have MF fully running (had to transfer blue on the track). MF started out as a walk-on if you made the 1st train but by the time blue was on the line was 10 minutes long. I rode blue, lots of fun of course. When we returned the line was down to the ramp, which for my past experiences, this was unusual. I noticed Maverick still was down from the MF 1st hill so I decided to go for a second ride on MF. This wait took about 15 minutes and by the time I came back the line was at the ½ hr point already.

I decided to go back to Maverick and see if I’d get lucky and she was still down so I headed to TTD that I had noticed had been running early. I got one ride on TTD and it was about a 10-15 minute wait. By the time I hit the station this line got rather long too.

Next to PT red and green, both walk ons. Back to Maggie and had a 5 minute wait. Mean Streak, walk on since there was a single rider up front that I joined. But there were literally only a few people in line.

I decided to head to the front of the park hoping that GK, BS and Raptor lines settled down some. Maverick had a 1 hr wait, MF was up to the pop machines which I think is about an hour, so I headed to WT hoping for a short line or walk on only to find a 15-20 minute wait which was unusual for me on many past Fridays, usually a near walk on.

I headed to GK and it was 45 min wait, then BS and it still had a line way out in the queue. It was 730 and the park was very crowded, the most crowded HW Friday I ever experienced other than Columbus Day weekend. Knowing that I would be back with the family on Sunday, I decided to renew my pass and call it a night.

As I was exiting the park at almost 8 pm, there were cars backed up on Cedar Point Road waiting at the booth, and still a somewhat steady stream coming across the causeway. There were cars parked back to row 38 (what letter it was I didn’t see e.g. 38C) but cars were almost back to the back of the lot as if it were a busy peak summer day. Most crowded HW Friday I ever experienced.

In spite of the short trip, I still enjoyed myself and met some nice people in line and it was a beautiful evening with what looked like a full moon. Looking forward to this Sunday.

Paul

Obviously last Saturday's mess isn't keeping anyone away. I have yet to wait in a line coming in the park from Cedar Point Rd. all of this year.

We were there Friday night, and I'll say it was absolutely the most crowded Halloweekends Friday night I've been to. Got two rides on GateKeeper during early entry and then sporadic rides the rest of the night. Hoping for a little lighter crowd this Friday. :)

The weather is going to be a big factor this weekend. You can always gauge it by resort cancellations (and subsequent room/campsite availability). I think there have been a lot of cancellations. It's supposed to be cold all weekend, with rain Sat/Sun. Very reminiscent of last year, especially if it's windy on Sunday. Sucks. I'd rather it be busy, with nice weather and at least get to enjoy a nice day in the park.

^Why do you think there have been a lot of cancellations?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service