CP 2001 Video

Now I know I said I was going to do it last year but this year for sure I am going to make a CP video. I want it to last for about 1 hour and 30mins. I have a lot of great ideas. I will also need a ton of help so I will be looking for volunteers and suggestions!

-------------
magnumdan
Magnum Count: 1266
I also want to do a CP Place feature, so I plan on brining the camera with me everytime I go to the park. I am currently looking for a belt pack so I can keep the camera on me where ever I go.

-------------
magnumdan
Dan, just let me know when and I will help. I know a lot about audio/video. Also I have some audio stuff you could use if you want.
-------------
Andrew
http://www.experiencethepoint.com
My first suggestion is to make it shorter. Trust me, I've done similar things and if it's much longer than half an hour you'll be bored to tears (just ask anyone who had to watch my unedited Hawaii video).

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Futuristic bow-wow... do the dog catcher!
Dan,
While Jeff is right that 1 hour and a half is a bit long, don't let that stop you from shooting butt-loads of video. You can always edit it down. :)
-Eric

-------------
E Blitz Entertainment
Bay City, Michigan
A Division of LCA Entertainment
-------------
Even though we discussed this already my friend..you know I'm in...

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
mf laps = 100! No More No Less!!
Jeff,

Your Hawaii video BORING No Way...best sleep I have had in YEARS:)

Seriously...While it seems possible to fill 1 1/2 hours that is a LONG TIME. Jeff isn't it a 5 to 1 ratio between filming time and actual finished video time? ...Why not just start off with a shorter version and keep adding on...

Hey but good luck, I"ll bring the microwave popcorn to the premier...
Well, If you bring the camera to Coastermania, I'm sure you'll get a lot of GTTP people.
Well I figured that if I aim to make it a longer video, then it will motivate me to shoot more, and then when it comes to edit it down, I can take the best of the best, and edit it down to my desired time of 45mins.

-------------
daniel j. haverlock
MF Count: 117
spiritofthepoint.com
I suggest you tape MF in the night. First hill especialy.

-------------
MF Count: 11
First CP Rollercoaster: Corkscrew
Yes, bring it to Coastermania! You could do your GTTP feature there because a lot of members will be there (including me;)).

Do you plan to make copies and sell them? I'll for sure buy one.

-------------
~Eric L.~
www.theamazementpark.com
Bring it to the Gemini 100. Show a timeline of how happy and pepped up we are at the start then what we're like near the end when we feel like we've entered a portal to Gemini hell.

-------------
and don't do any close-ups of me...
The 5:1 ratio works for things shot in a movie format.. We're talking theatrical release things here.

Unless you plan on doing this as a DVD with multiple commentary tracks and deleted scenes. (done at least on a dual layer singlel or single layer double disc) I wouldn't plan on it being that long.

It's a great idea.. and I have some rather extensive knowledge in video and studio editing.

Give me an email about this and I'm more than willing to do my little part. Or maybe big part depending on how many favors from Hollywood edditing houses I have to cash in...

-------------
MF 2000 - 269 laps

MF 2001 - ??????? *** This post was edited by Red Garter Rob on 4/22/2001. ***
Dan, anything you need help with drop me a line. If you need any still photography or anything else let me know. Count me in.
Well the only current problem I have is actually editing it. I am using a Sony Hi 8mm camera and it will get the job done. Scott said a while back that he would help me, so the bulk of the help I wouldn't need until November, but I do want to include shooting as many people as possible.

My goal is 45mins with an addition five minutes of bonus footage that I everyone will appreciate.

Any more suggestions for scenes and music e-mail me your feedback.

My first thought of the soundtrack was to set it to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and call the video Dark Side of The Point, but the more I thought about it I realized that that DSOFM is too dark and dreary for a soundtrack for an amusement park.

-------------
daniel j. haverlock
MF Count: 117
spiritofthepoint.com
That and there is already (or was.. seems that Mr. Hall had CP come down on him because the site is down now) a Dark Side of CP website..

A daily reading of that site gave you a whole new look at the politics and backstabbing that happens on a daily basis between imature workers. But damn was it entertaining..

Pretty sad when you're not even an employee and you still make the rumor lists 2 of the last 3 seasons.. hehehehe

-------------
MF 2000 - 269 laps

MF 2001 - ???????

Use that "Cedar Point will move you" song from the 1990 promo video. You may also want to incorperate that Millennium Force remix that Jeff did. Just a thought...

(P.S.- Make sure, that some where in that video that you mention "Millennium Force is spelled with two n's ;)."

-------------
Crayons!
It depends on the project, Tim. I've shot ten hours of video for a 30-minute show, and I've shot two hours for a 30-minute show. It all depends on what it is you're trying to achieve.

Think about MTV's Real World. I don't know what kind ratio you're looking at there, but you can be the percentage of video you see is extremely low. In a "slice of life" situation like that, where you don't have the structure and control of the reality shows, stuff happens, and can happen 24/7, so you have to be shooting at all times.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Futuristic bow-wow... do the dog catcher!
I don't know how much of your footage will be spontaneous and how much will be coasters. Coasters are nice controlled subjects. There's not going to be a lot of variation when shooting a coaster from the ground. The only things that really can change are lighting, angle, zoom, etc; basically things are a easily controlled. As a result, you don't need a lot of takes. When editing some of my stuff I found I have about a 2:1 ratio going.

-------------
Scott W. Short
scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com
I know from doing my music/coaster videos, that of all the footage you take,there's only certain shots that you want. My Magnum video is only a few minutes long,and took forever to find enough good shots.
As for music, choose different types to fit the various parts of video. Find the most befitting music for the rides. The Magnum video couldn't have had a more appropriate song,Ozzy's "Crazy Train"!
If I think of anything,I'll let you know!
-jerry-

-------------
http://www.magnummania.com
jerry@magnummania.com

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service