Contracts 2000

Talked to Tony today. I'll be a supervisor at Stockade! Starting date is May 8th! See you all on point!

-------------
--Meg
--Lee is Cake, 4 go, The Aliens have Arrived!!
--http://www.geocities.com/gullysprincess/
Congrats GulliversQueen, i haven't got a date yet so i'm still not sure when i'll be up there. I'll keep ya posted
congrats Megan. Now if someone would tell me something I would be happy.

-------------
Visit Dave and Jen's Cedar Point webpage
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/3997
Hoov42 you have to get up here soon...I am going through some serious social activity denial here! ;)
Partner, it is totally all good, come March there is no chance for any bartender to keep up:)
Whoo Hooo...better get it out of our systems before May...you and I are not going to have a chance to breathe, let alone party this summer...well you will find time, but you know me! ;)
For those of you who know Bri. She will be the TL on the Train this year. I am really looking forward to working with her again!!

-------------
Amy
CP Train Girl "98" & "99"
ATL 2000
Well finally I got answers on where I would be working if I went back, problem it is somewhere where I am not happy being. The question is, should I go back as a supervisor in a terrible location, or should I come back as a base rate and proove to my area manager that I have what it takes to be in the position that I want to be in?

-------------
Well I don't know what to tell you Dave. You can look at it one of two ways I guess. First off let me remind you about a few people who decided to demote themselves for various reasons...I don't necessarilly think that would be the best way to prove that you deserve a bigger or better position. Maybe you aren't where you want to be to start, but that doesn't mean that you can't end up there. You know how things work over there, there are always changes and transfers and people dropping like flies...so if I were you I would take it as a challenge to do what you can to prove to Tony you do deserve the spot, without demoting yourself in the first place to start off from scratch...because trust me, you would be shooting yourself in the foot if you did that. And by the way you have talked about WWLR (and by your web page, etc.), it can't be that bad to end up back there...I spent three years in the same stand before I went anywhere else...
Heather

WWLR isnt that bad of a stand when you have A FULL STAFF of MOTIVATED PEOPLE that WANT TO WORK and to SUCCEED. That is something i definately didnt have this last summer. I spent hours doing as much as one person can do to makea stand work, and obviously it wasnt enough. I was ALWAYS doing the work of 2 or 3 people at once. Bare minimum staffing at White Water is 6. (1 sup, 3 regs, 2 cooks). For a majority of the season I didnt even have 5 people on my schedule! When I finally called and got more people in my stand, they all disappeared in a week!! I spent I dont know how many hours crawling on my hands and knees cleaning things because no one else would. I put in 300 more hours this summer than I had ever put in before busting my butt to make that place the best I could. BY MYSELF. If my hard work didnt pay off for me, then the heck with it.

-------------
Well don't take offense to this, but it sounds like you have the classic symptoms of a supervisor who spent more time cleaning up after everyone and less time motivating and coaching the people you had to do it themselves. I really don't even know you all that well or the job that you did back there, but this is what I am taking from what you are saying. You were very motivated and very proud to be where you were, but it sounds like you had a hard time for whatever reason getting other people to feel the same. I do understand that not everyone is cut out for CP and that you are always going to have those people who you would basically be better without...but something that I have learned in my 5 seasons is that you have to learn to use what you have, no matter what it is. As a supervisor it is your job to do what you can to motivate your employees to work to their full potential...now granted that potential won't be the same for everyone, but everybody has a certain thing that they do better than another...you just have to focus in on that and work with it. I think that Hoover and Wendy will agree with me about this, as well as our supervisors last year. (I hope) As a supervisor your first job should be that of empowerment...you should spend your time training your people to be able to do it without you. Hoover and I always used to say that our zone ran itself, and it really did. It ran itself because we taught our supervisors to take initiative and to make decisions (well the ones they were allowed to make at least). They knew what we expected, they knew when to call us and we kept them posted on things that they needed to know and along with that, they let us know what was going on in their stands when we weren't there. I won't say there wasn't drama, but I think on the whole we all had respect for each other. The sups didn't necessarilly like us all the time cause we did expect a lot, but they also knew that we would be the first o? ????? ?? ???? ? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ???????? ???? ?? ????????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ???? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ???????????????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ????????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ??? ????? ? ????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ???? ???? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ?? ?????? ? ???? ?????????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ??????? ? ??? ??????? ? ????? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ???? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ?? ??????? ?? ?? ??? ????????????? ????? ?????? ??? ????????? ???? ????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ???? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????????????????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ????? ????????? ?????? ? ????? ???? ? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ????????? ????? ??? ???? ???? ???? ??? ??????? ?? ??? ??????? ??? ?????? ??? ????????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ??? ???? ????? ??? ????? ??? ?????? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ??????? ???? ???????? ??? ????????? ???? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ??? ? ?????? ???? ???????????? ??? ?? ???? ????
Is this a job interview? :)
Sometimes I wish I could speak as well as I can write! :)
Bravo,zone thirtyfour!!!! I hope cheeseonastick, steps back and considers all you said before he makes a rush decision. It is very easy to get your hopes up for a "better" position at the Point only to be let down when the contract shows up.
Dave, I only know your story through your posts but I'm throwing in my two cents anyhow, (I did work many positions in my 5 years seasonally, and 5 years full time).
Dave, your passion for the Point comes across in your many posts. It was fun to follow the will he, won't he return posts based on your girlfriend's desire to return.
DON'T LET THE JOB ASSIGNMENT STOP YOU FROM RETURNING!!!
GO BACK, give it a try, take zone 34's advice. ENJOY YOURSELF!!!
You'll miss the summers in a couple of years, don't throw one away before it starts.
Thanks for letting me preach to you. Good luck, let us all know your plans, if you are at WWLR we'll stop for a pepsi when we visit the park. *** This post was edited by Old Timer Tim on 1/25/00. ***
Dave, I don't know how many times I've told you this! I have to agree with Heather and Old Timer Tim. You need to go back and give the summer a shot. You love CP more than almost anyone I know. Look at all you've done to get back there each year. Besides, I honestly don't know what I'd do if you and Jen didn't come back! Just think about your second season (my first) and how great things were at Stockade, we didn't spend time worrying about whether or not we'd get promoted (to sup, unit trainer, or otherwise) We spent each day living it up and enjoying the point and our awesome crew! That's what you've got to remember. Remember at the beginning of last season when we kept going into Stockade? We kept joking about which register was better, 4 or 7. (I still say 7 Rules all!) As long as there is a burger room and an ear room, that part of that great season will always be there in the back of our minds! Think of the great memories we made despite how rough the summer of 1999 was. Like our joint crew meetings? Volleyball on the midway anyday! How I had to stand on a chair on Gully's patio so everyone could see me when I was talking? How about the awesome umbrella incident at Stockade? Tell me that wasn't fun! And I'll never forget the time you called down to Gully's to tell me that Aliens had landed at White Water! Or Christmas in July when you called telling me that the MIBs were on a signal 2 to Gullivers! Okay, so I just had to remind you of all the awesome stuff that can happen, think about it. That's the reason we all go back. ;) Love ya! And I know I'll see you this summer!

-------------
--Meg
--Lee is Cake, 4 go, The Aliens have Arrived!!
--http://www.geocities.com/gullysprincess/
Dave, I agree with the rest...be the best supervisor you can be...and who says you will have the same crew as last year anyway. I'll be seeing you this summer!

-------------
http://vms.www.uwplatt.edu/~moyerc
PetFarm/PetChek 99
I'm surprised I haven't received a contract yet. I have never been late the past three years, I've never been written up the past three years, and I'm the campus ambassador for my school. What is taking so long?
Hey Penguin-

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't think that anyone in Foods has actually seen a written contract on paper yet. Some of us have been talking to the managers, but we have yet to recieve a contract...give it some time, they'll get around to you, especially if you have a track record like you say! As for the other departments, I really can't tell you, but I would assume it is more of the same thing.
I wish I could agree 34, but I cant. My freind Jeremy got his Park Ops contract today, and he sent in his contract three weeks after me and at the same time as another freind that hasnt heard anything, and is going for foods. Maybe foods just screens better, or maybe they have more to do, I cant really say.

-------------
CHECK OUT MY CP PAGE
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Shore/6422
*** This post was edited by Nashimire on 1/25/00. ***
You are right...Park op has all their TL's and ATL's or most of them at least, but they are about the only department that I have heard of that have definitely placed people officially.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service