Coastermania 2001?

Hmmmm. I never thought of that :)

-------------
Joe

Joe Cool won't cut it. You need to be a member of a full blown club.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Millennium Force laps: 50
Jeff, is that official? In years past, I wouldn't put it past the park to allow JCC members to attend. With the 1300+ (not sure of the actual number) last year, I seriously doubt that anybody but club members can attend.

-------------
Scott W. Short
scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com
Out of curiosity, does Blue Streak speed up as the day goes on like many woodies seem want to do?

I've never particularly noticed.
well if ya have a few beers from the red garter..it sure does slow down!! :)

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
mf laps = 100! No More No Less!!
What day then will Joe Cool Club members have ERT? I'm not a member as of yet, but I want to know if it will be worth the extra $15(actually 30 including my girlfriend).
-------------
Mike McCormack
Cedar Point '00
Force: 5
Raptor: 8
Magnum: 1
Lifetime Coaster Count: 36
I think every operating day. I just though of something. Is the reason the gates don't open for an hour before the park opens because of the Joe Cool Cluub? It would make sense.
Now are you sure you need to belong to a club. Last year for coastermania, I signed up for GOCC to get ERT. The shocker was I never needed to show my card to anyone. I got my wristband for ERT and that was it I was in. Never even needed to show anyone my GOCC card. I think if you get there early enough you get a wristband and are in. At least that is how it appeared to me last year at coastermania. Sure I will subscribe to GOCC again to make sure i get ERT but I am not so positive it is a needed. Any thoughts?

-------------
2000 Raptor Flights: 246
2000 Force Rides: 106
CP pics:
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=429389474

Wristband? I never got a wristband Hooper-are you sure you're not thinking of Millennium Mania? I showed my GOCC & ACE card @ the ticket window when I got my Coastermania pin and lunch ticket.
(I of course was the FIRST one in the park that morning @ 5am-row 1 parking....cant beat it)
We had to show our pins to participate in ERT.....
I could be wrong but I really dont remember any wristband
but I do remember HAVING to show my coaster club card both last year and the year before....

-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
Hoopers smoking funny cigs again..:)..j/k buddy..i never got a wristband either and was 8th in line!!

-------------
Yeah, the only thing I got was a button and lunch ticket. If there would have been wristbands, I would have remembered them. :)
So, what and when is the ERT for Joe Cool Club?

-------------
Mike McCormack
Cedar Point '00
Force: 5
Raptor: 8
Magnum: 1
Lifetime Coaster Count: 36
Did I say wristband, thanks for the memory refresher. It was a button and lunch ticket. But I still didn't need to show anyone my GOCC card. I was in the LONG line and a CP rep just handed me and alot of others the button and ticket. Didn't ask for the coaster club card.

-------------
2000 Raptor Flights: 246
2000 Force Rides: 106
CP pics:
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=429389474
OK Jeff-its not funny cigs--it was the crowds...
so he didnt have to show his GOCC card----
however if you are early birds (such as Jeff and I) bring your coaster club card(s)
Jeff-weren't you and I like the first 20 on line at AAA day too?????
The funniest thing that happened to me @ Coastermania was due to being the ONLY one in the parking lot at 5am-the CP police drove over and asked me what was going on. I told him "I want to ride Millennium Force and I want a good seat" ... the officer replied with "mam-the park doesnt open till 9am" I replied with "I know"
then proceeded to tell him it was Coastermania...
he said they had neglected to tell him that....
I thought it was pretty funny
he didnt
go figure

Jo
2000 Raptor Crew
-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
Scott, Janice (PR rep) read this thread in the early stages and wrote me to indicate that:

"CoasterMania! is NOT for season-pass-holders. You must have a membership card to an established amusement park club, but if you ALSO have a season pass, it just doesn't cost you anything extra. Season-pass-holders who DO NOT belong to any clubs are not permitted."

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Millennium Force laps: 50
*** This post was edited by Jeff on 1/27/2001. ***
I do hope they give us a treat, and turn off the lights on MF on the island!!!!
Personally, I thought the effect of those blinding lights were pretty cool. Coastermania was the only time I got night rides last year on MF. Hopefully I'll be able to get on at least 2-3 times at night this year.

I think that riding MF and hitting the last bunny hill right as they shoot off the fireworks for Summer Sucktaculat would be sweet.--Especially looking "under" the last turn.

*** This post was edited by CP_bound on 1/28/2001. ***
Yep Jo I was there early too for AAA day as well..Matter of fact our very own CPlove and Cpcyclone were 1st in line if I remember...Right M&M??

-------------

well, close enough...about 4th in line! I can't wait 'till night ERT!!!
-------------

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service