Coastermania 2001?

As I recall, Cedar Point announced Coastermania 2000 around this year last year. Does anyone know if they are close to the announcement for 2001?

Does anyone know if there will be a speaker? If there is, I hope it is Werner Stengel--the designer of MF, SOB, and Goliath.
The speaker this year is the president of Intamin, ERT on Mantis, Raptor and Blue Streak in the am and MF and Magnum at night!

-------------
daniel j. haverlock
Magnum Count: 1266
MF Count: 117
spiritofthepoint.com
Yahoo! Can you say Mantis power-riding in the morning?!?! :)
Hopefully I will be there to work coastermania!
Have they ever done ERT on Blue Streak? It seems as if they substituted it for Mean Streak.
They did neither Blue Streak or Mean Streak last year, which somewhat disappointed me. I have yet to ride Mean Streak at night. :(
I'm not saying you dont know what you are talking about but where are you getting this info?
-------------
Proud to be a Cedar Point Fanatic.
Believe it Cp_Freak...Its repuitable!! :)

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
mf laps = 100! No More No Less!!
I am a newbie to this coastermania deal so laugh at me. Do they just take ACE membership at this event or do others attend too? If ACE is the only one then my next question is irrelevant. What club does anyone suggest I join? Seeing as how I am dirt poor the only parks I can even plan to attend this year are Kennywood, Dorney, (FREE and Talon) SFO, and PKI, should this effect my decision? Oh and of course Cedar Point will be on my list, but that's a given.

-------------
Joe E

Blue Streak was not included in last year's ERT, but was included a few years ago in morning ERT.
I can verify that the information posted here is apparently accurate, but unfortunately under a partial embargo...I think it's not quite official yet.
--Dave Althoff, Jr. *** This post was edited by RideMan on 1/24/2001. ***
Joe E....any repuitable coaster club will do and most here join GOCC (greater Ohio Coaster Club) because it is indeed much Cheaper than ACE. I am a member of ACE because I love the publications and really for that reason only (Don't hastle me Jeff..LOL :)) Cedar Point and other ERT events don't care what card you flash as long as its a coaster club or amusement club..there are many indeed.

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
mf laps = 100! No More No Less!!

Blue Streak was included in AM ERT in '98 I do believe. What Jeff Spartan, Jeff the Webmaster, Dan and I say in reference to Coastermania is true!! I wont Mantis power ride CP Bound-did that last year during PM ERT-had a blast, (with my partner in crime) think I will stick w/my fav bird of prey in the a.m, if I change my mind and even go...at this time I have no plans on going.
Coastermania is PACKED for those newbies here-ERT is a blast - but by far do not expect a light crowd!! It tends to get VERY busy during the day thanks to alot of schools plan their trips on that day too.

Jo
2000 Raptor Crew
2001 NY Mets Locker Room Inspector
-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
Hey Jo - with ERT on three coasters in the AM there may well be plenty of power riding opportunities on the Raptor after all = ; ) =.
-------------
- Raptor Dave
It's official information... the schedule is in the news section of this very site.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Millennium Force laps: 50
I dont know Dave-in '99 they had Raptor and Mantis open and from 7am-9am I managed 7 laps-then went to Mantis and got 4 in before general pub came in and hogged it all up. I dont anticipate BS taking up any slack or having tons of people riding it. Last year power riding Raptor a breeze thanks to MF being open and everyone riding it (I was there too-a mistake I will regret for the rest of my life)
But if I go---you know where to find me
and you owe me some rides!!!!

Jo
2000 Raptor Crew
2001 NY Mets locker room inspector
-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
Thanks Jeffrey Spartan. I probably can't go wrong with either one. Now all I have to do is find the money to join one of these clubs.

-------------
Joe E

*** This post was edited by Joe E. on 1/25/2001. ***
I'm part of Coaster Zombies. It's only $15.00. It was $10.00 last year, but they plan to go more parks this year.

I suspect that many people will start out with Blue Streak and Raptor--well mostly Raptor, and drift back to Mantis. They may get a ride or two in. This will also prep their position for the mad dash after they open (I suspect) the railroad tracks. :)

I'm definitely going to get some Mantis power-riding in since It will be early in the morning, and my feet and legs won't be sore yet.

During the Magnum ERT, I bet that it will be farely packed. Especially for the 1st 30 minutes (no MF-Magnum overlap).

The MF line will be full by the time the end of ERT comes around!

*** This post was edited by CP_bound on 1/25/2001. ***
I truly can not wait for Coastermania this year. Last year it was a blast! With the MF ERT in the PM this year, think about it...MF all warmed up, running at top speed, in the dark, oh God that rocks!

-------------
We bought a lifetime supply of pudding? How wasted were we last night?!
*Dude, Where's my car?*
You know it!
Does the ERT on Coastermainia include Joe Cool Club members? or do they have their own day? I'm a newbie also.

-------------
Mike McCormack
Cedar Point '00
Force: 5
Raptor: 8
Magnum: 1
Lifetime Coaster Count: 36 *** This post was edited by BirdOfPrey00 on 1/26/2001. ***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service